Dainius Zubrus is placed on IR and Andrei Loktionov is recalled

DevilMinder

You guys get wayyyy too excited when a player from "the outside" joins our team. Our 1st year rookie and a player who the system is virtually unknown to is NOT COOL as our 1st line. Let's trust DeBoer on seeing how Lokti practices the next couple days and trust that he'll know where he belongs!

Probably see something like this:

Matteau/Butler - Zajac - Kovalchuk

Elias - Henrique - Clarkson

Josefson - Loktionov - Matteau/Butler

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

I like these lines a lot, especially because I too could see either Matteau or Butler complementing the 1st line very well (in very different ways). I've really loved what I've seen from Bobby Butler so far.

Wouldnt be surprised if Josefson sits one game to see what Loktionov can do. We all know Barch is playing against the Flyers.

Exactly.  Barch is here to play in the regular season against teams like the Rags and Flyers.  I doubt he would be the one to sit on Friday. 

I can see Loktionov being a healthy scratch, which would give him some time to learn our systems before getting thrown into the fire.  I also can see Matteau sitting out the game with JJ playing wing on the first line, and Loki centering the 4th line.  I am interested to see what the kid brings.

I like these lines a lot.  Although I want Barch in there for the tough games against the division, I think he's done a fine job so far in his role.

However I'd still swap the bottom 6 (ie, Carter-Gio-Bernier would be the 3rd line)

I like these lines a lot, especially because I too could see either Matteau or Butler complementing the 1st line very well (in very different ways). I've really loved what I've seen from Bobby Butler so far.

i wouldnt 

EDIT: Still blatantly obvious that we need that 1st line winger to play with Kovy, if Loktionov proves to be just as good if not better than Josefson, I could see Lou using Josefson as trade bait along with one of our defensemen to pull in a bigger name, like a Bobby Ryan or an Iginla.

i'd like to get Ryan but i wouldnt throw that much for Iggy cause he's old and he would be a rental while a younger player could resign and be useful for awhile