Matteau defends his goalie

Matteau#32

Matt - you can't defend anything and come out looking a bigger, more controlled morally superior guy.

You have to do the Derek and say either right after the game or the next morning how much the game sucked but how Torts was really right in his press conference. THis didn't work out for whatever reason -- but the team is finally on the right track. Rangers wiped the floor with the Devils during the season and probably will again next. If I were you I'd say Devils are blowing it in LA and the Rangers will be back next year to win the cup plain as the nose on your face. There is just so much positive you can say about the Rangers.... THAT is how the non-troll fan who enjoys the Devils board responds. Just with total honesty - even with homerism. You and Rangersfan lack homerism that Derek proudly announced. Derek gave REAL kudos to the Devils not lip service.

As I ALWAYS quote year in year out -- To live outside the law, you must be honest. You're no troll --but you are to honest. If you honestly think you ARE being honest to us then you're fooling yourself. If you think fvck you why should I be honest -- well then you're a troll yeah?

So work on it - no yelling and finger pointing now -- just be honest. :noclue:

I'll be honest, I have no idea what you are trying to say in this post. Aside from telling me to be like Derek, which I will never do. I am toO honest, but I am fooling myself if I honestly think I am being honest? Although, I didn't even bother watching Tort's press conference.

*yawn* these comebacks sure are great :rolleyes: I have no interest in responding to you anymore cause I have nothing nice to say to you so I'll do the other members of this board who actually want you around a favor and just skip over your waste of time posts

Haha, this coming from the guy who only says, "fvck you, rangers suck.." or "go find a rangers board...."

Took him long enough, but better than never coming back at all.

Back to hockey talk...the scoring was pretty balanced...no one really went nuts (Kovy and Zach were at a PPG, but Zach scored 2 ENGs to bloat his total, though both were important), but everyone contributed...offense by committee...Salvador of all players had 5 points in this series, and the fourth line each chipped in 3 points or more. And Brodeur played well enough to win, and more importantly, outplayed the other guy in net overall.

didn't realize I was on the clock.

As for the balance, you are right. Devils definitely had more players contribute. Just seemed like all the big goals were scored by the 4th liners. Who the hell is Ryan Carter?

if the rangers won friday you'd of been here all 3 days so stfu.

do you ever go to the garden? or are you just a ranger fan living in NJ and can't afford to go the garden? one of those guys that hears marty chants on TV from the garden, thinks its cool and tries to chant marty at the rock. GTFOOH. your team got waxed up and down the rink. go back in your cave

Yes. He would. And if the Devils lost the series, I wouldn't have been on the boards for like a week. After a loss you don't necessarily want to talk about the game, especially when people are going to rub it in your face. If he hadn't come back, I wouldn't defend him, but stop whining that he did exactly what some of us do.

do you ever go to the garden? or are you just a ranger fan living in NJ and can't afford to go the garden? one of those guys that hears marty chants on TV from the garden, thinks its cool and tries to chant marty at the rock. GTFOOH. your team got waxed up and down the rink. go back in your cave

first, might have come on saturday, but not sunday or monday, so thanks for playing.

second, I have rangers season tickets and take 2 or 3 roadtrips a year (not talking about Nassau, Philly, or Newark here) to see them play. Anymore stupid questions/comments?

Yes. He would. And if the Devils lost the series, I wouldn't have been on the boards for like a week. After a loss you don't necessarily want to talk about the game, especially when people are going to rub it in your face. If he hadn't come back, I wouldn't defend him, but stop whining that he did exactly what some of us do.

correction.. if i was a resident devils fan on a rangers forum to fulfill some awkward fantasy of mine, then yes i would of done the same thing.

correction.. if i was a resident devils fan on a rangers forum to fulfill some awkward fantasy of mine, then yes i would of done the same thing.

No. After we get eliminated, I leave the boards for a couple of days because I'm usually pretending hockey doesn't exist, and if I do talk about it, I'm going to say some ridiculous and possibly offensive things. He calmed down, and addressed us like a grown up. Some people can't win here, thanks to the idiotic Napoleanic complex of some of our fan base.

And there is nothing wrong with talking to fans of other teams on their boards, as long as you're respectful. Matteau isn't perfect, but he faced the music, and he's better than a lot of the Devils fans on this board. Grow up.

Edited by mouse

didn't realize I was on the clock.

As for the balance, you are right. Devils definitely had more players contribute. Just seemed like all the big goals were scored by the 4th liners. Who the hell is Ryan Carter?

I feel like it could've almost been predicted... if I'm not mistaken, Carts had the most goals on Lundqvist all year... which is crazy, but he always seemed to be in the right spot.

No. After we get eliminated, I leave the boards for a couple of days because I'm usually pretending hockey doesn't exist, and if I do talk about it, I'm going to say some ridiculous and possibly offensive things. He calmed down, and addressed us like a grown up. Some people can't win here, thanks to the idiotic Napoleanic complex of some of our fan base.

And there is nothing wrong with talking to fans of other teams on their boards, as long as you're respectful. Matteau isn't perfect, but he faced the music, and he's better than a lot of the Devils fans on this board. Grow up.

cool story.

Hey matteau, how ya feelin' about Gabby? I was reading on the Rangers HF, seems he's bearing the brunt of the hate - fans calling to have him bought out lol. Rick Nash time in NY?

Me too.

cool story.

Mouse gave you a good answer....the least you could do is respect.

Edited by ben00rs

We were almost past talking about Matteau's board attendance rolleyes.gif, and almost back to hockey. What's your goal, to get Matteau off this board?

was just giving to a ranger fan who finally got his friday night. a ranger fan whose presence on the board "matteau" is designed around giving it to us in the same fashion on a similar moment in his teams favor.

thank you.

was just giving to a ranger fan who finally got his friday night. a ranger fan whose presence on the board "matteau" is designed around giving it to us in the same fashion on a similar moment in his teams favor.

thank you.

I agree with you 100% on this one. Matteau#32 deserved everything he got, and more, with the way he acted on this board during the series.

And, if it hasn't been made completely clear already, let me remind Matteau that Henrik may be better in the regular season, but when the pressure is on and it matters most, we all know that Marty's Better!!!

Now, it's time to beat LA and grab cup #4. Let's go Devils!

Hey matteau, how ya feelin' about Gabby? I was reading on the Rangers HF, seems he's bearing the brunt of the hate - fans calling to have him bought out lol. Rick Nash time in NY?

First, I only look at 3 threads on hockey's future. The thread about next year's pricing, the tickets thread, and the renovations thread. The rest of it gives me a headache.

Gaborik is a big part of why they lost, but not the only part. Putting all the blame on him is just as bad as the idiot Met fans who want to put all the blame for the loss to the Cards in 2006 on Beltran. A lot of what I want to do with him will depend on the CBA. If the new agreement includes an amnesty buy-out without a cap hit, then I would strongly consider it. However, at his salary and the current rules, the cap hit would be tremendous over a longer period of time. If they could trade him, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Maybe Montreal can be fleeced again like Sather did in the Gomez deal. Or, if Columbus wants to trade Nash, Gaborik can be part of the deal. Would also be ok with trading him to a team like the Isles for a few prospects just to get him off the books and go after someone else. He is just not a big game player and I don't think he really fits in with Tortorella's system.

I agree with you 100% on this one. Matteau#32 deserved everything he got, and more, with the way he acted on this board during the series.

And, if it hasn't been made completely clear already, let me remind Matteau that Henrik may be better in the regular season, but when the pressure is on and it matters most, we all know that Marty's Better!!!

Now, it's time to beat LA and grab cup #4. Let's go Devils!

Oh, I have no problem with those who want to rub it in. I think those who are defending me are doing more so to those who only write the highly intelligent posts which include, but not limited to, "fvck you..." "go fvck yourself..." "go find a rangers board...." "I hate all rangers fans..." "No one wants you here..."

First, I only look at 3 threads on hockey's future. The thread about next year's pricing, the tickets thread, and the renovations thread. The rest of it gives me a headache.

Gaborik is a big part of why they lost, but not the only part. Putting all the blame on him is just as bad as the idiot Met fans who want to put all the blame for the loss to the Cards in 2006 on Beltran. A lot of what I want to do with him will depend on the CBA. If the new agreement includes an amnesty buy-out without a cap hit, then I would strongly consider it. However, at his salary and the current rules, the cap hit would be tremendous over a longer period of time. If they could trade him, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Maybe Montreal can be fleeced again like Sather did in the Gomez deal. Or, if Columbus wants to trade Nash, Gaborik can be part of the deal. Would also be ok with trading him to a team like the Isles for a few prospects just to get him off the books and go after someone else. He is just not a big game player and I don't think he really fits in with Tortorella's system.

Gaborik is completely trade-able sans NTC, so I definitely don't get how a buy-out would ever come into consideration. He was pretty great back in the 03 playoffs but thats the last time I remember him really stepping up in big games. He basically put up 17 points in 2 series (they got shutout 3 times against the Ducks).

The thing that looks good for you guys right now is that you have 15 mil in Cap space (currently), and almost all your core players signed. Ya'll really don't have much to worry about UFA-wise next year either. It's stupid to want to ship off Gaborik imo - the Rangers still needed that missing piece these playoffs.

Edited by ben00rs

Gaborik is completely trade-able sans NTC, so I definitely don't get how a buy-out would ever come into consideration. He was pretty great back in the 03 playoffs but thats the last time I remember him really stepping up in big games. He basically put up 17 points in 2 series (they got shutout 3 times against the Ducks).

The thing that looks good for you guys right now is that you have 15 mil in Cap space (currently), and almost all your core players signed. Ya'll really don't have much to worry about UFA-wise next year either. It's stupid to want to ship off Gaborik imo - the Rangers still needed that missing piece these playoffs.

He is tradeable, but at $7.5MM per for the next two years, that is a lot of money to try to move. Straight-up for Nash won't happen unless Nash tells Columbus he will absolutely not play for them this year. Capgeek is blocked at work, or I would try to check out some teams that are near the bottom and could use a big name to possibly boost interest. For the mistakes Sather has made with UFA's, he has done well with trades the past few years so we will have to see.

The cap space is nice, but you also have to look long-term. McDonagh only has a year left on his deal, Lundqvist, Kreider, Staal, Callahan have 2 years left. These are guys who are going to be looking to get paid. Plus, with the new CBA rumors are the owners want to lower the percentage that goes to the players. So, if the cap is lowered, will that also come with a rollback of salaries? Going to be a strange summer considering the CBA doesnt expire til 9/15. Some teams are going to be cautious about who they sign and the amounts out of fear of what the new CBA brings.

Of course, that NTC is a problem.

Buying out Gaborik, amnesty or otherwise, would be really dumb. His contract isn't great, but it beats Rick Nash's or whatever Zach Parise's would be.

If he can't produce in the play-offs, he is just a detriment.

Edited by Matteau#32

If he can't produce in the play-offs, he is just a detriment.

How about literally everyone else on the team not producing?

The Rangers shot 7.3% as a team in the playoffs, usually that means a first round exit. Derek Stepan: 1 goal, was terrible against NJ. No forward besides Kreider and maybe Callahan can come out of these playoffs feeling happy with their performance.

The Rangers need offense. Their power play was not good all season long. Getting rid of Gaborik isn't a way to fix that.