we waived Bobby butler ?????

caron14

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

Lamoriello on Butler:"He did well, but we don't feel he's ready yet. Hopefully, he clears (waivers) and goes down and plays, which he needs"

Argh.

Ah, I got it. Lou and DeBo are doing to Butler what they did to Bernier last year. Just watch. They'll let him loose come playoff time, and this guy will have such a huge chip on his shoulder that he'll skate through walls for them.

Evil genius.

The people who made this decision were at all the practices and have watched every Albany game. They know what they want. Being upset about a move on a fringe NHL player is something I choose not to do. Since he couldn't make the Senators maybe it's a good sign he couldn't make the Devils.

The people who made this decision were at all the practices and have watched every Albany game. They know what they want. Being upset about a move on a fringe NHL player is something I choose not to do. Since he couldn't make the Senators maybe it's a good sign he couldn't make the Devils.

Some of us are disappointed because the kid does have potential. If you are going to say he cant crack the Sens lineup last year at least include he had injuries and had 4th line duty, you also have to say he had a hell of a rookie year with the Sens two years ago. Hopefully he returns to Albany and can impress some more.

Edited by Zubie#8

Butler evidently isn't ready yet Barch and Jansenn still have a shot. For someone with Lou's success, he does some puzzling things.

Edited by Daniel

Some of us are disappointed because the kid does have potential. If you are going to say he cant crack the Sens lineup last year at least include he had injuries and had 4th line duty, you also have to say he had a hell of a rookie year with the Sens two years ago. Hopefully he returns to Albany and can impress some more.

Agreed. His path has been similar to Tedenby's in that way. Has had his moments in the NHL but hasn't been able to show it on a consistent basis. I am definitely pulling for him to clear waivers, keep improving his game and come up firing once inevitable injuries take place. I just see it as our homegrown version of Butler (Tedenby) beat him out for the spot. I will admit that I am one of the people who still watch Tedys goal VS the Islanders and dream.

I just hope Lou does SOMETHING because I cannot at all support Cam or Barch having a spot instead of Butler. At least give the kid a shot instead of those 2 pylons.

My sentiments exactly. Yet often on these boards when the almighty Lou is questioned, we get responses like "Oh yea, Lou has no idea. He should surf this forum to know what to do"

I just hope Lou does SOMETHING because I cannot at all support Cam or Barch having a spot instead of Butler. At least give the kid a shot instead of those 2 pylons.

Lou said he wants Butler to get more playing time in Albany, so neither Janssen nor Barch have anything to do with what's gone on here.

Lou said he wants Butler to get more playing time in Albany, so neither Janssen nor Barch have anything to do with what's gone on here.

I was going to say. Don't we carry players on the 23 man roster who don't dress? Why would we want Butler to be that? If he's not looking good enough to beat out the others who were chosen to be regular starters for now, what other move was there to be made?

If he's not looking good enough to beat out the others who were chosen to be regular starters for now, what other move was there to be made?

I'd like it to be true but I have a hard time believing Butler isn't good enough to fit inside our top 6. I mean, who takes his spot; Bernier? Tedenby? Yuck. I don't think we have as much as 4 wingers who are better than him.

Edited by nmigliore