we waived Bobby butler ?????

caron14

Guess keeping Barch is more essential to our chances ::rolls eyes::

Really getting sick of the goons now

Lou said he wants Butler to get more playing time in Albany, so neither Janssen nor Barch have anything to do with what's gone on here.

That's horse doo doo from Lou

That's horse doo doo from Lou

Since time immemorial, Lou (and most other GMs) have treated the 4th line as different from all others. If a certain sort of player is going to either be on the 4th line or be a top line player in the minors, they will usually send him to the minors.

Or we can see this for what it really is....

It's a player coming off a 6 goal season who was bought out by Ottawa, and is now a reclamation project who is probably an AHL+ player. Not exactly someone who is indispensable, as some of you are treating him as the 2nd coming of Stamkos.

• Like 1

It's possible we're all overrating Butler based on a hot streak at Albany, but even if we were and the team really felt he can't play this still makes no sense. They already have a dearth of scoring forwards. Even leaving the goons out of it for the moment, do we really have to deal with Tedenby AGAIN? They gave Tedenby and Palmeri a million chances (and Tedenby's up to a million and one), I don't get why this guy ain't even getting one. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Isles picked him up and he suddenly played against us tomorrow :lol:

Oh yeah, for those who talk about his scoring touch in college, remember this...

2009-10 Bobby Butler, UNH: 29 goals in 39 GP

1995-96 Jay Pandolfo, BU: 38 goal in 40 GP

In fairness to this comparison, Butler was on a team that barely made the NCAA tournament. Pandolfo was on one of, if not the, best team in the country (altho they lost in the tournament) with guys like Drury, Grier and Shawn Bates, who were all beasts in college.

Here's another name:

2003-04 Zach Parise 23 in 37.

Edited by ghdi

Or we can see this for what it really is....

It's a player coming off a 6 goal season who was bought out by Ottawa, and is now a reclamation project who is probably an AHL+ player. Not exactly someone who is indispensable, as some of you are treating him as the 2nd coming of Stamkos.

Who said he was Stamkos? Lou said he'd get a chance at the top 6. All anyone said was that he had a real solid rookie year in Ottawa, got injured last year, and really started playing well in Albany the last few weeks. With a choice of Butler or Clarkson on the first line, people figured he fit there.

I do think someone takes him, he's been playing well at Albany recently and is better than most of the random guys that the Isles have claimed this week.

he's always been good in the AHL though so I dunno if anyone would claim him esp after rosters are already due. Teams knew this when he got through waivers before like Tri said

Edited by DH26

It's possible we're all overrating Butler based on a hot streak at Albany, but even if we were and the team really felt he can't play this still makes no sense. They already have a dearth of scoring forwards. Even leaving the goons out of it for the moment, do we really have to deal with Tedenby AGAIN? They gave Tedenby and Palmeri a million chances (and Tedenby's up to a million and one), I don't get why this guy ain't even getting one. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Isles picked him up and he suddenly played against us tomorrow :lol:

I think it's hard to claim that Tedenby or Palmieri got a million chances. Palmieri and Tedenby both had a good half-season under their belts. Palmieri was given another chance to repeat by playing with Kovalchuk and played himself into the minors - he came back up when people got hurt, but the last time he played more than 10 minutes in a Devils uniform was 11/19. Tedenby was stuck on the 3rd line all season then went down to the minors. How are these a million chances?

I don't think Tedenby succeeds either but he is still only 22 (23 in a month).

Is having Matteau play a few NHL games this year really worth the possibility of losing Butler? They must really want him to play.

I'm not sure what Lou is doing here. With Tedenby going down to Albany, I would hope that at least 2 of the following 4 things happen ASAP:

1. Sign Gomez

2. Sign Sykora

3. Trade for a top 6 forward with a D-centered package

4. Tedenby comes back up after Butler clears or is claimed.

TG said that Tallinder-Larsson looks to be the D pair to sit tomorrow, which doesn't really make much sense to me. And honestly, I don't know why anybody would want to start the season with this problem.

Edited by nessus

i hope matteau scores 10 goals in 5 games and is immediately returned to juniors. i do NOT want a wasted year of his potential for this season.

If he makes the team better he stays, period. You can't make personnel moves like this based on what might happen in 3 years.

i hope matteau scores 10 goals in 5 games and is immediately returned to juniors. i do NOT want a wasted year of his potential for this season.

You could always keep him and hope he's not as good after the ELC's up as he would've been had he had the full 3 years starting next year, allowing you sign him before he more fully develops, saving you $ presumably. *Shrug* I have no idea

Edited by DH26