we waived Bobby butler ?????

caron14

I'm going to be pissed if Tallinder and Larsson end up sitting as healthy scratches tomorrow. I'd much rather see Volchenkov and Harrold out. I still don't understand why they waived Butler but hopefully there is some sort of move coming since the forward situation is downright dreadful.

I accept that I don't understand why Butler was waived. I'd also accept and understand it if Tallinder sits, because he has trade value and something might be coming down. But Larsson?!

Is having Matteau play a few NHL games this year really worth the possibility of losing Butler? They must really want him to play.

I'm not sure what Lou is doing here. With Tedenby going down to Albany, I would hope that at least 2 of the following 4 things happen ASAP:

1. Sign Gomez

2. Sign Sykora

3. Trade for a top 6 forward with a D-centered package

4. Tedenby comes back up after Butler clears or is claimed.

TG said that Tallinder-Larsson looks to be the D pair to sit tomorrow, which doesn't really make much sense to me. And honestly, I don't know why anybody would want to start the season with this problem.

This is either A. Trade in the works and Larsson is just sitting because they couldn't fit another RH in or B. They're sitting their guys they have a good read on right now so they can see some of our lesser pieces handle gameplay against a team like the Isles. See if they can handle them before throwing them to the sharks on Tuesday.

not to be negative here... but a guy that Ottawa didnt want for wtv reasons and decided to give up on goes on waivers and no one else is picking him up. And bunch of people here are expecting him to fill one of our top 6 need? after Lou said he wasnt even ready, he's 25... i think some people here are pumping his tires a bit too much an are wearing NJ blinders.

we fvcking need to make a trade or something we simply can't go for the whole season like this especially not in our division

This is either A. Trade in the works and Larsson is just sitting because they couldn't fit another RH in or B. They're sitting their guys they have a good read on right now so they can see some of our lesser pieces handle gameplay against a team like the Isles. See if they can handle them before throwing them to the sharks on Tuesday.

Any reason you're choosing the Sharks for a trade?

not to be negative here... but a guy that Ottawa didnt want for wtv reasons and decided to give up on goes on waivers and no one else is picking him up. And bunch of people here are expecting him to fill one of our top 6 need? after Lou said he wasnt even ready, he's 25... i think some people here are pumping his tires a bit too much an are wearing NJ blinders.

we fvcking need to make a trade or something we simply can't go for the whole season like this especially not in our division

Butler is a classic example of a player who can fill an offensive need but the rest of his game may not be NHL grade. There are players like Matt Moulson who crush the minors but for whatever reason teams don't think he's good enough, and then sometimes they become good enough.

As for Matteau's ELC, I am less concerned with him being cheap since he doesn't have a super-high upside. I am concerned that he is a sub-replacement player though.

Cam Janssen is starting on our "3rd line".

Kovalchuk is going to have to carry more water than Gunga Din this year for te Devils to have any offense.

Janssen must havce something on Lou

I don't think Kovy will produce at a greater rate than he did last season. Devils need to make up 30 goals in 48 games

Edited by LucifersDog