GDT: Flyers @ Devils 7:30, NBCSN

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a loss yet, but hard to make one goal stand up for the whole game.

I know....but goals this year are hard to come by. it just really erks me when we come out and play so well then give up penalties and have teams score against us and then lose....which seems to happen a lot now a days, we beat ourselves. its not like past years when we could score fast and often....we have to work really hard for them.

Should we forget that cory gives up alot of 5 hole goals, esp on breakways. Brodeurs actually played well this game (cant fault him for the first one at all)

Marty has been pretty good this game overall...but his best puck-stopping days are behind him.  Expecting him to make a one-goal output stand up is lunacy. 

Maybe it's just time to accept that the devils aren't a good hockey team. sh!t.

I've pretty much accepted what they are, which is a mediocre/average team that may or may not make the playoffs... And this rate, I'm leaning towards 'not'. It sucks, but its reality.

there isn't much that can be done except hope Brunner comes back sooner than expected and that Elias doesn't miss the rest of the season. This is pretty much the team. We have no prospects or picks to deal

Also hope Boucher starts to score some goals.  I've given up on Zajac in that regard. 

If they lose this game, I'm done thinking of them as a potential playoff team.  I'll still watch just about every game, but with different expectations.