We are officially underdogs

msweet

heres what those "experts" picked in round 1 (note that NONE of them picked Washington, and all but 2 picked the Pens over Philly)and Linda Cohn has picked the Rags to win every series since she was born back in 1918!

John Buccigross

Rangers (win in 6)

Bruins (win in 7)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins(win in 7)

Scott Burnside

Rangers (win in 6)

Bruins (win in 6)

Panthers(win in 7)

Penguins(win in 6)

Linda Cohn

Rangers (win in 6)

Bruins (win in 7)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins(win in 7)

Craig Custance

Rangers (win in 5)

Bruins (win in 6)

Devils (win in 5)

Penguins(win in 7)

Paul Grant

Senators (win in 7)

Bruins (win in 5)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins (win in 6)

Pierre LeBrun

Rangers (win in 7)

Bruins (win in 5)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins(win in 7)

Steve Levy

Rangers (win in 5)

Bruins (win in 7)

Panthers(win in 7)

Penguins(win in 5)

Joe McDonald

Rangers (win in 6)

Bruins (win in 5)

Panthers(win in 7)

Flyers (win in 7)

Barry Melrose

Rangers (win in 5)

Bruins (win in 6)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins(win in 7)

James Murphy

Rangers (win in 4)

Bruins (win in 6)

Devils (win in 4)

Flyers (win in 7)

Jesse Rogers

Rangers (win in 5)

Bruins (win in 5)

Devils (win in 7)

Penguins (win in 6)

Katie Strang

Rangers (win in 7)

Bruins (win in 5)

Devils (win in 6)

Penguins (win in 7)

I love the underdog role especcially when you know you can beat them... The flyers could be to confident and it could cost them 1 or 2 games.... If we can snack one in philadelphia the rock will be nuts!

I believe and i really like the underdog role... when you are not espect to win and you do it, its the best feeling in the world.

And dont forget our group goes trough adversity in the first round and deal with it by finding way to win...

Someting these cryers didnt do agaisnt the penguins....

We are +153 to win the series according to this website

http://www.sportbet.com/lines/hockey_nhl

This means we have 39.53% chance to win the series

(source: http://www.sbrforum.com/betting-tools/odds-converter/)

That seems reasonable to me, possibly too generous. But that officially makes us underdogs.

We are +153 to win the series according to this website

http://www.sportbet.com/lines/hockey_nhl

This means we have 39.53% chance to win the series

(source: http://www.sbrforum.com/betting-tools/odds-converter/)

That seems reasonable to me, possibly too generous. But that officially makes us underdogs.

call that a 40% chance...not bad really

The Devils finished one point behind the Flyers this year in the regular season. A lot of this has to do with shootouts/OT, but just because the Flyers beat the Stanley Cup favorite, doesn't mean they're sure to beat the Devils.

Odds are against the Devils, but if they come to play, this will be a good series.

ESPN disgusts me. Really?

Why? Those biased Flyers fans in Vegas have us as underdogs. So why Is it out of line for ESPN's writers to go with that?

I seem to recall outrage when there were a few ESPN writers that picked Florida over us in the first round.

Why? Those biased Flyers fans in Vegas have us as underdogs. So why Is it out of line for ESPN's writers to go with that?

I seem to recall outrage when there were a few ESPN writers that picked Florida over us in the first round.

They just disgust me in general.

I think we can win, but I would pick the Flyers too. They finished ahead of us in the regular season, without all our shootout points. They just beat a very good Pittsburgh team soundly. We just struggled with a mediocre Panthers team (though I think they might have been better than we thought).

The only big advantage we COULD have is in goal, and that's relying on a soon to be 40 year old goalie to play well, and Bryz to continue to underachieve. Would I love to see this? Obviously. Would it shock me? No. But ESPN has every right to predict the Flyers.

Why not see what the "experts" say on TSN, Yahoo, CBC, etc. Everyone has the Flyers winning and so would everyone here if they weren't a Devils fan.

Does everyone here need to complain about everything? If you took the Panthers in round 1, that's more impressive than anyone who had Devils in round 4 or 5. If you say any series is going 7, basically you are saying it is a coin flip.

I am a as big a fan here as any, and if I had to predict, I'd say Flyers in 4 or 5. Hope I am very wrong.

I'm going Flyers myself as much as I love the Devils. We're pretty beat up and the Flyers play a much more agressive game and have deeper talent offensivley and defensively. I would give us a slight edge in goaltending, but that's about it. Plus I think the Flyers would be the only team to beat the Rags in the ECF. I can live with a potential Flyers win in the SCF. It wouldn't be as brutal as the Rags winning.

Plus, we got to the 2nd round which is a big win for the Devils to begin with.

we matched up up better than i thought this season against them tho... split the series 3-3 with the flyers outscoring us by 3 goals (flyers 18 devils 15) plus they have a worst defence now and we have Zajac and Poni who were not there for most of the season

i still think they are favorite to win but i "think" the Devils could give them a good run

Edited by SterioDesign

We did split the season series, but we need to solve Bryzgalov (we were outscored 14-1 in the four games he played).

I love the fact nobody's picking us...we're better when there's zero expectations and we have something to prove (case in point, the second half of last season, this season when people were picking us 11th and saying our playoff days were over). Conversely, we struggled with motivation until games we needed to win when we were expected to win the Panther series, or when we had Cup aspirations going into last season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

We did split the season series, but we need to solve Bryzgalov (we were outscored 14-1 in the four games he played).

I love the fact nobody's picking us...we're better when there's zero expectations and we have something to prove (case in point, the second half of last season, this season when people were picking us 11th and saying our playoff days were over). Conversely, we struggled with motivation until games we needed to win when we were expected to win the Panther series, or when we had Cup aspirations going into last season.

Fair. I'm hoping Bryz melts down. He's crazy enough.

Although I'm hopeful the Caps can do it I'm pretty certain the Rags will advance to the ECF. I'm more concerned about the Rags getting to the SCF than the Devils getting to the ECF so I'm not bothered by a Flyers series win.

yeah, but it would suck if Washington beats the rags and we lose a close one to Philly