The Official Rangers Suck Thread

Triumph

Let's face it, I (and you all) hate the Rangers. I hate their mentality, their fans, their building, their (lack of) tradition, everything about them stinks, and I don't like them.

However, due to my argumentative nature, I end up defending the Rangers on the Internet way too much, because people tend to hate them more than I do. This thread is therefore devoted to laughing at the Rangers/detailing how much they suck. Amazingly they are in 9th place right now with 30 points, at 14-14-2, having given up 6 more goals than they've scored.

Player to laugh at today: Ales Kotalik, who is 3rd on the Rangers in points with 18. He is, however, a -12, has 5 even strength points, and 15 minor penalties. MSG - Ales Kotalik (sometimes) plays here!

Edited by Triumph

I watch plenty of Ranger games. They honestly wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that they wholeheartedly think they are the center of the universe and that they remind people of 1994 every 15 minutes.

I liked JD alot, he had a more innocent homer-ness to him, but Micheletti is unbelievable. Every big star that has a big game at the Garden must be 'auditioning for a spot in Broadway.' I am aware that alot of that is forced onto them by management, though. At least that is the way it goes with the Knicks, so I'd assume it's the same for the Rangers.

I watch plenty of Ranger games. They honestly wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that they wholeheartedly think they are the center of the universe and that they remind people of 1994 every 15 minutes.

I liked JD alot, he had a more innocent homer-ness to him, but Micheletti is unbelievable. Every big star that has a big game at the Garden must be 'auditioning for a spot in Broadway.' I am aware that alot of that is forced onto them by management, though. At least that is the way it goes with the Knicks, so I'd assume it's the same for the Rangers.

First things first: anyone who thinks Tri is being literal with his initial post here is missing his point. He's trying to show that Devils fans are overly obsessed with the Rangers and their shortcomings, and he's sarcastically taking the "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach. I really haven't seen that much Ranger stuff on here this year, and even the overwrought "Rangers suck!" chant is dying down at the Rock, so I don't think that obsession is as strong as it's been in seasons past.

I really don't mind some Ranger fans, but there's a definitely a certain kind that I can't stand, and I've detailed him here before. The kind with the annoying voice and abrasive Noo Yawk accent. The kind that thinks that the fact that his team plays in New York and has been around a while somehow equates them to being the New York Yankees of the NHL. The kind that spews out the same tired trap, attendance and parking lot jokes over and over again and thinks he's a riot.

I couldn't stand JD mostly because it seemed like every time a Ranger player went down he thought the other team should have been whistled for a penalty. I find Micheletti to be damn near unlistenable because he is SUCH a homer, but like DD56 says, that probably factors into his paycheck.

As for the Rangers, I love that they're not playing well, just like I love that the Flyers aren't playing well, but I don't think the Rangers are as bad as they're playing right now. They'll do better, though I'm not sure how much.

I liked JD alot, he had a more innocent homer-ness to him, but Micheletti is unbelievable.

I think it was Micheletti, after a preseason game, that said Del Zotto looked like a future Norris candidate and Gilroy was going to be up for it this season. :lol:

As for the Rangers, I love that they're not playing well, just like I love that the Flyers aren't playing well, but I don't think the Rangers are as bad as they're playing right now. They'll do better, though I'm not sure how much.

I'm not sure, they could go either way. They really only have 1 scoring thread and he's been scoring out of his mind, what happens if Gaborik ever gets cold or injured over a long period of time? Would arguably devastate a team that is having trouble winning with his huge scoring so far

Edited by Devils731

First things first: anyone who thinks Tri is being literal with his initial post here is missing his point. He's trying to show that Devils fans are overly obsessed with the Rangers and their shortcomings, and he's sarcastically taking the "if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach. I really haven't seen that much Ranger stuff on here this year, and even the overwrought "Rangers suck!" chant is dying down at the Rock, so I don't think that obsession is as strong as it's been in seasons past.

Actually I thought it was more of an attempt to keep the anti-Ranger stuff in one thread (which might be a good idea lol).

In regards to Gilroy, the announcers were actually saying he was a HOF'er in the making in the preseason :o

Edited by Hasan4978

In regards to Gilroy, they were actually saying he was a HOF'er in the making in the preseason :o

and I think it's obvious Gilroy has nice tools, in retrospect it may be the worst thing for the start of his career to have Tortella coach him. Hopefully, for him, his time in the AHL will let him learn a little bit more about when to pick his spots and where to position himself.

76: you think i'm much smarter than i am. no, it was what Has is saying, just put it all here. this thread is about hating the rangers, and not about meta-discussions about how we shouldn't hate the rangers as much as we do, and why we hate the rangers, and so forth - take that somewhere else. there's a totally sincere whistling before this thread. there's already way too much 'fair' talk about the rangers in this thread already, i want it to be pure bile.

it is nice to see sean avery's career already beginning to collapse at 29 - half the games i watch, i can't tell he's out there, and in the other half he's taking dumb penalties.

Edited by Triumph

I will add my first post to this great thread by stating that Mark Messier is a fvcking f*ggot. I wouldn't piss on that cock-sucker if he was on fire. You want bile Tri, you got bile. I have plenty of it for that heaping pile of donkey-sh!t organization.

Edited by MadDog2020

76: you think i'm much smarter than i am. no, it was what Has is saying, just put it all here. this thread is about hating the rangers, and not about meta-discussions about how we shouldn't hate the rangers as much as we do, and why we hate the rangers, and so forth - take that somewhere else. there's a totally sincere whistling before this thread. there's already way too much 'fair' talk about the rangers in this thread already, i want it to be pure bile.

it is nice to see sean avery's career already beginning to collapse at 29 - half the games i watch, i can't tell he's out there, and in the other half he's taking dumb penalties.

OK that's cool. That initial post just seemed, well, so un-Triumph-like.

Yeah, agree on Avery. A couple of seasons ago, in the '07-'08 playoffs, I really thought he was on his way to becoming that guy you love to have but hate to play against. Man was I wrong. It's funny...Avery has really become a non-factor.

And yeah, I hate the Rangers. Really really hate them. Want them to go 0-82 every single year.

I will add my first post to this great thread by stating that Mark Messier is a fvcking f*ggot. I wouldn't piss on that cock-sucker if he was on fire.

I always did think his legend was just a bit overblown. The Rangers did have to go out and make a bunch of costly trades and recruit a whole lot of ex-Oilers to win that Cup. At least the Devils built their own identity in winning theirs. They didn't have to go out and borrow someone else's.

Speaking of Avery, I remember a couple weeks ago when he had that pursefight with Fedotenko after slewfooting him, and Mike Rupp said after the game that Avery wanted to get suspended so he wouldn't have to face the music in the back end of the home-and-home. Sounds about right :P

And Rupp's hat trick in that following game was my favorite non-Devil moment of the season :evil:

I will add my first post to this great thread by stating that Mark Messier is a fvcking f*ggot. I wouldn't piss on that cock-sucker if he was on fire. You want bile Tri, you got bile. I have plenty of it for that heaping pile of donkey-sh!t organization.

i recently purchased a book that has nothing to do with hockey, and lo and behold there's a goddamn quote from Messier on the back - I almost threw it out the window. Must that bald-headed egomaniac put his stamp on everything? The good news is I went online and checked those stats of his - the ones that say his teams missed the playoffs the last 6 years of his career.

i was reading some rangers fans think he might be the next GM - oh, that'd be sublime.

i recently purchased a book that has nothing to do with hockey, and lo and behold there's a goddamn quote from Messier on the back - I almost threw it out the window. Must that bald-headed egomaniac put his stamp on everything? The good news is I went online and checked those stats of his - the ones that say his teams missed the playoffs the last 6 years of his career.

i was reading some rangers fans think he might be the next GM - oh, that'd be sublime.

Hey now don't sell the man short! It was actually 7 seasons with no playoffs. Not looking to correct you I just want the bald headed fvck face to get all the credit he deserves.

But yeah that franchise and everything associated with it is one piece of work. With the Devils being so damn good these days they have really been an afterthought for me. Its not much fun when the younger bother really kicks the sh*t out of the older one. You at least want them to fight back a little right?

Edited by SickMan

I am tired of the "classless cheer" of the "Rangers Suck" especially when the Devils aren't playing the Rangers. But then each team has classless fans but the Devils seem to have excess of classless fans but after being so weak for so many years the Devils fans want to rub it in. It is so sick.

Let's Go Devils.

I suppose ... but there's a special place in my heart for the 23-game unbeaten streak in the late 1990s to early 2000s. Good times.

that was incredible - i remember going to many of those games, both in NJ and NY and everyone in the building knew it - it was as thick as honey that unbeaten streak.

the rangers always like to fancy themselves the yankees of the NHL.

i think the Mets is more appropriate (sorry Has).

a good rivalry usually consists of 2 teams being good. Silly Rags 1994 aint gonna cut it forever

the rangers always like to fancy themselves the yankees of the NHL.

The difference being is that the Yankees are indeed successful in buying championships. I don't think they've won one without purchasing it.

The Rangers, try as they might, fail in this endeavor.

I skimmed through a Rangers bloggers recap of yesterdays game and chuckled when I got to the bottom:

Labels: buffalo sabres, disappointing, disgrace, disgusting, fire tortorella, New York Rangers

anyway he opened with this

I heard "Let's Go Mets!" twice walking out of the Garden tonight and "at least we have the Mets" once.

When you are a New York sports fan and you are looking forward to Mets baseball, then there is something seriously, seriously wrong. And there are many things seriously, seriously wrong with the New York Rangers right now.