Stuff Devils Fans Don't Say

Colin226

• 1 month later...

"I really enjoy when other team's fans are in our stadium, especially Flyer fans. They never cause trouble."

"I really miss Sean Avery."

In that vein....

"I miss those devils teams from the early years; all this winning has gotten so stale."

Edited by AEWHistory

"I really miss Sean Avery."

In that vein....

"I miss those devils teams from the early years; all this winning has gotten so stale."

StarDew actually said that once, that the Devils were somehow lovable losers back before '88, and that going to games was more fun then than now. To each their own I guess.

StarDew actually said that once, that the Devils were somehow lovable losers back before '88, and that going to games was more fun then than now. To each their own I guess.

From a certain point of view, they were. They lost most of the time and we still had fun. There were groups of fans in different sections and we became fast friends. I had seats in front of the box Lou used to sit in. None of this end of the world stuff. :)

stardew is certainly one who is to her own thats for sure but i digress. at any rate if some of you think its bad with crap now well back then i could argue it was worse when the building was at a minimum more then half nyr phi and nyi fans. it sure was fun sitting with fans of the rangers flyers and islanders in the early days and they let you know how bad the devils were too. if you want to call that fun feel free.

every year those games against those 3 teams were like the playoffs being the playoffs was a word that you never thought youd use in the same sentence with devils. it was fun to be part of something new and from the ground up but it was also alot of time energy and taking crap. i do think alot of todays fans forget that the older fans were the ones who built the fanbase with their money time and effort without a stanley cup to bring them aboard.

From a certain point of view, they were. They lost most of the time and we still had fun. There were groups of fans in different sections and we became fast friends. I had seats in front of the box Lou used to sit in. None of this end of the world stuff. :)

Not to derail the thread, but in a way I know what you're saying. But as a fan, the lovable losers thing and the nostalgia of having a new team start to wear off...no one wants to watch a loser year after year after year. Eventually you want to see your team start to make progress, and in time watch them contend for a championship.

And yeah, a lot of our fanbase comes off as entitled, spoiled, demanding, whatever, but some of them have NEVER had to sit through a truly bad season until last year, and even that was salvaged somewhat by last year's second half. They haven't had to sit through seasons like we did in the early-to-mid 80s, where you KNEW that, going in, your team had no chance to make any real headway. But people can't help when they were born. If some kid is born in 1987, saw the Devils win a Cup in '95, then saw two more...and sees his team make the playoffs damned near every season, I can understand where the entitlement feelings come from. Doesn't make some of those fans any less annoying when they throw sh!tfits after every loss and act like the Devils should be in complete control of every single game they play, but if that's the tradeoff for having a team that contends and is relevant year after year, I'll take it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

We'd be better off with Harrold in the lineup over Kovalchuk...oh wait :lol:

Doesn't make some of those fans any less annoying when they throw sh!tfits after every loss and act like the Devils should be in complete control of every single game they play, but if that's the tradeoff for having a team that contends and is relevant year after year, I'll take it.

Well said.

be interesting to see the ice tommorow with that concert if the puck isnt bouncing around like a beachball or the ice isnt a sheet of slush. this is the latest theres been a hockey game in that building plus the big crowds warmer weather.

be interesting to see the ice tommorow with that concert if the puck isnt bouncing around like a beachball or the ice isnt a sheet of slush. this is the latest theres been a hockey game in that building plus the big crowds warmer weather.

Game 3 was the night after the Springsteen concert. It didn't look too bad.