What. The. F***

DJ Eco

Oh he's going to play somewhere else. Nobody leaves close to 80 mil on the table

fvck him. Kovy is a ++++ who knows no pride or honor. All the rumors were true, he wanted to stay in Russia the whole time. We were just in denial about it.

He also did every honest Russian NHL player a grave disservice. Now they're all going to be looked at like potential Kovalchuks who just high tail it at any moment. 

Also, fvck the NHL. Another pointless lockout, the KHL rolls out the red carpet for a favorite son and surprise surprise...HE LIKES IT AND WANTS TO STAY. Now the league loses one of its more exciting and dynamic players.

• Like 1

Yes, it's all Lou's fault. I think it's time for you to replace the onion on your belt LD.

He also did every honest Russian NHL player a grave disservice. Now they're all going to be looked at like potential Kovalchuks who just high tail it at any moment. 

Also, fvck the NHL. Another pointless lockout, the KHL rolls out the red carpet for a favorite son and surprise surprise...HE LIKES IT AND WANTS TO STAY. Now the league loses one of its more exciting and dynamic players.

You are right on the money with those two points.  I was thinking the same thing.

After my initial shock wore off, this raced through my mind. The NHL is losing a star player, and the lockout probably played a decisive role. I'd like to think they would learn from that, but history doesn't warrant any optimism there.

Manta. . .  you were right.  You win.

Post of the year.  :clap2:

who is going to replace kovy now? theres not even another super star type player on the market to go after right now is there? if lou signs jagr in thoughts of using him as a band aid for this i will fvcking vomit all over myself and hopefully choke and die on it

Welp. Fvck. I guess it's time to edit my signature...

The logical part of me wants to be understanding and know that the man's just doing what's best for him and his family both lifestyle-wise and financially.  But the part of me that just wants to yell swear words at everything Russian is growing exponentially and is probably gonna win out. Fvck Kovy. Fvck SKA. Fvck the KHL. Ugh.

Oh he's going to play somewhere else. Nobody leaves close to 80 mil on the table

fvck him. Kovy is a ++++ who knows no pride or honor. All the rumors were true, he wanted to stay in Russia the whole time. We were just in denial about it.

Seriously, I don't even want Sarge on the staff now, at this moment every last one of them is guilty by association.

He's not "retiring" to go back to Russia, he's QUITTING on us and going back to Russia and CSKA.  

I will always be grateful that I got to see him play for the Devils and saw hi countless times in person, and all the memories he gave us, but I will NEVER ever ever forgive him for this.  

I feel like I got punched in the gut and had my heart ripped out and stomped on.  He royally fvcked us for the years to come.  We let Zach go, we let Clarky go, all for this jerkoff who stole from Lou Lamoriello and the New Jersey Devils.  

Good luck in Russia, a$$hole.

i dont even know what to do with my kovy jersey now.. another way he fvcked all of the fans everyone thinks its a safe investmet go purchase a kovy jersey hes going to play here until he turns to dirt.. wrong most of us own them and theyre as good as toilet paper now.. im going to use mine literally as a rag tomorrow when i clean my truck.

"Pretty crazy how a player can just leave like that, huh Anton? It'd be a shame to see that happen again. But then again, Russia is so nice this time of year... " - Lou, as he nudges his desk phone towards Volchenkov.

:lol:

Much needed laugh. Thank you.

• Like 2

i dont even know what to do with my kovy jersey now.. another way he fvcked all of the fans everyone thinks its a safe investmet go purchase a kovy jersey hes going to play here until he turns to dirt.. wrong most of us own them and theyre as good as toilet paper now.. im going to use mine literally as a rag tomorrow when i clean my truck.

I feel bad for anyone who wears a Kovy jersey to the Rock next season.  I remember Niedermayer and Langenbrunner jerseys getting heckled at CAA and the Rock respectively. And this situation is much, much worse.  I'm tossing my Kovy sh!t into the trash tonight.  I don't want anything to do with the guy.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy