NFL Week 8:

CRASHER

And again the NFL donkey punches us at 4pm this week….and why? It’s not for baseball since FOX owns the game and the big game this week is the FOX game, so let’s cram ALL the games in at one (like the San Diego game…yeah that makes sense)..let’s make a dogfight for TVs at the bar…grrrrr…..stupid NFL…I guess I should be glad one of the crap-fest games are buried on Thursday….anyway….there’s enough good games, and the Raiders in our 4pm anti-football spot of joy, I’m still looking forward to it all!!!

Thursday Oct. 25:

Tampa at Vikings:

Yes the Bucs have been pretty good on offense the last few weeks, Josh Freeman is averaging 300 yard games in his last 3 weeks….but that was against a decimated Redskins team, Kansas City and the Saints….none of these teams will make you think of the 85 Bears mind you….so take this Tampa “surge” with the grain of salt you throw on the lemon when you do your shots….you’ll need liquor for this one…yes the Vikings are doing well and the shock and awe story in the NFL right now, but they’ve been doing it by beating up on the lesser teams…like Tampa (well aside of the 49er win)…Tampa does play tough defense…but they’ve also not played a team like the Vikings and AP (thank God I traded for him when Charles then Foster had bye weeks and wait till I can launch a RB assault of those 3 guys *grins* )..Ponder was AWFUL last week…but he didn’t need to be anything more…the Vikings are just better…and it’s high time that Schiano got to look like a douche again in the spotlight and try that kneel down crap again….but this might be a 2+ score game by the time we get to kneel downs after all

Winner: Vikings

Game Quality: * ½ (hockey clinic is looking good tonight….)

Sunday Oct. 28:

1pm:

Chargers at Browns:

Why the hell isn’t this game at 4?? The same week the NFL says it’s aware of “10am starts for the West Coast teams being bad”…move this game down dammit!!! Yes I actually wanna see this….Phillip Rivers is a timebomb who can explode weekly, and the Browns have some exciting players on offense (Wheedon is averaging 275 yards a game since that week 1 disaster)…yes….really….the Chargers are a bit better on defense….as long as the QB isn’t gifting the other team field position or worse…free points….this one should have lots of offense ….and be a damn good watch, Laflamme this better be the game in front of me!

Winner: San Diego

Game Quality: *** (if you watch this one you’ll enjoy it, I swear!!!)

Carolina at Chicago:

It doesn’t get easier for the worst team in the NFC does it? (Washington and Denver are next on the schedule too)….Carolina is just a disaster….soft defense…no running the ball and we all know how Can Newton is channeling his inner Vince Young right now…he is open to suggestions though…isn’t that sweet? Chicago has a baby QB too, but he doesn’t give a rat’s damn about your suggestions (or even the ones from his own coaches), the Bears do everything right now….big plays, solid running, opportunistic defense…yeah this one’s gonna be ugly….

Winner: Bears

Game Quality: DUD (the Bears D might outscore the Carolina O)

Seattle at Detroit:

Its getting worse for the Lions isn’t it?? Megatron got Optimus Prime’d by Tillman last week (hell even Richard Sherman who is becoming my favorite sh!t-talker in the league ….he told Brady to suck it and now his twitter name is Optimus Prime, NICE..I just liked him on facebook on sheer principle!) and now they play maybe the league’s most physical defense (or at least the secondary)…Pete Carroll is a punk coach too, but he knows how to get his players to play, that’s more then I can say for Jim Schwartz (probably #1 on my “fire this guy” list …well second to the Evil Ginger in Dallas)…Lynch will run the ball….and Seattle gets an unexpected second win on the road

Winner: Seattle

Game Quality: **

Jacksonville at Green Bay:

Wow how unfair is this for Jacksonville….as bad as Blaine Gabbert is, when he got hurt Chad Henne couldn’t generate enough offense to get us from our bar seats to the bathroom at Sun Tavern…it didn’t hurt that karma struck down Jones-Drew (yes I’m a bastard I wish ill on players who hold out….you didn’t give no money back when you were overpaid, you don’t get to piss and cry for more when you’re “underpaid”)… anyway I really got nothing on this one….this is a sacrificial lamb for the Packers who are getting their stride….sometimes you just shouldn’t get on the plane guys…..

Winner: Packers

Game Quality: DUD (kick/wham/STUNNER)

Colts at Titans:

Damn this game got a LOT better then it looked six weeks ago….the Titans look like an NFL team with Hasselbeck taking snaps….hell even Chris Johnson has come to life again (thank you Buffalo!)…talk about stats being deceiving…..CJ is 10th in the NFL in rushing….the Colts had a nice win over the Browns last week…but that is still only Cleveland…how nice could it be? Getting to .500 does get you to sniff a Wild Card Spot in the AFC….hell only 3 teams are ABOVE .500 in the AFC….this game has some early playoff implications…more that one of these teams can delude themselves into thinking they have playoff aspirations….it will be an interesting watch…I like Luck and his weapons a bit better then I like what Tennessee is doing….this is one of those annoyance games that makes or breaks your damn week of predictions…..

Winner: Colts

Game Quality: ** (this actually might not be terrible….)

Patriots vs Rams, via London:

Ah, the jolly old England game…oh hooray….a sloppy field game in front of fans that expect football to have penalty kicks and shootouts…but yet the NFL not only shoves this game down our throats, they’re going to have MORE games there and long-term plan to put a fraking franchise out there….the same people who can’t schedule more then 2 games at 4pm, and we’re gonna have team Fish n Chips?? CMON NFL…..anyway, the Rams are a nice, tough and scrappy team especially on defense, they should be able to keep this close and put up a good fight….but the Rams don’t have the offensive punch to keep up by day’s end (though word is Leg-a-Tron is big hit out there in England, probably cause he can out-kick their goalies….)….but the better team is better……

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: ** (not exciting, not awful…)

Miami at NY Jets:

It’s been a fun fact, the Jets are 0-2 when I or the coin flip picks them, which means they’re only 3-2 when I don’t pick them… time to see how much power my “picks” have (which in reality is none…but if I can’t mess with the Jet Nation, what fun is life right?), the Dolphins have been playing better….getting good QB play, the defense is still strong, and Reggie Bush has been amazing for them…though to give the Jets a sniff of credit here, to be 3-4 with that talent pool and injuries…that’s actually kinda impressive, though the last thing I ever wanna see is a team I want to see end badly go 1-15 and get a high draft pick, so they’re right on course for me, right? Let’s keep the AFC East fun and clump all the teams together :D

Winner: J-E-T-S (snack time!!)

Atlanta at Phily:

Wonder how long it will take angry Eagle fans to demand they take Vick back with them to Atlanta and the Puppy Palace? Hell, they probably are already….the Eagles are a hot mess….no sacks in their last 3 games…new DC, same crappy offense…..the good Dr. McCoy has GOT to be the loneliest RB in football now…he never gets no love with the ball and the pitchforks and torches are being handed out in Phily….NOT the time to have the near 30-points a game Falcons to march into town….we may need to put the sound on this game…it’s gonna be fun when the crowd turns on the Eagles like it’s a bad John Cena promo……

Winner: Falcons

Redskins at Pittsburgh:

Wow, that’s a rough two weeks for the Redskins…to NJ, then Pittsburgh?? The Redskins did play tough and well last week (well aside that last minute Salsa moment)….and Robert Griffin is all that he’s been advertised to be….in past years it would be awesome to see this Steeler defense line up against him….but the Steelers, like the Ravens….ain’t nothing to brag about on defense no more….the Steel Curtain is now wrapped in Tin Foil, yes they had a nice win in Cincinnati, but I’m blaming that more on bad Bengals then good Steelers….and I feel we’re gonna see something ridiculous outta RG III in this one…..

Winner: Washington

Game Quality: ***

4pm:

NY Giants at Dallas:

Here we go again…a week one rematch…..the Giants haven’t lost in Jerry World since the 60 yard TV set was turned on…the Cowboys haven’t played a good game of football (especially on offense) since week 1…no Murray, no Sean Lee, not likely a Felix Jones, the Giants are healthier…on a roll and yeah…flat out better…unless Dumbo pulls out an MVP impression, and the secondary does what it did in week 1…yeah…they won’t…its gonna be a long and cranky afternoon with the bandwagon in full-force….

Winner: Giants

Game Quality: **** (Hope this delivers like Pats and Jets did)

Oakland at Kansas City:

Leave it to the Raiders to twice be the anti-football gem of the weekend and my 4pm salvation!! (again this 2 games at 4pm is PATHETIC)….yeah the Raiders won last week….big whoop I’ve ranted about Jacksonville already…but then again is Brady Quinn much better then Chad Henne? Probably not….either way “the Chiefs back to pass” should provide some epic comedy right? Just get Jamaal Charles the ball dammit! This game is Oakland’s to lose still….scary cause they good…”Just win Baby” died with Al Davis long long ago….this should be a delightful train wreck!

Winner: Oakland

Game Quality: ANTI-FOOTBALL!! (we get two of ‘em this week!)

8pm:

Saints at Denver:

The points are gonna FLY in this one right? The Broncos had two weeks to get ready for Air Brees and the Saints offense (who start getting their suspended coaches back)….the bye week also gives the Bronco offense “more time to adjust to Manning” (I hate that crap, it just reeks of another excuse out of Peyton Manning apologists….the Chiefs didn’t need half the season to adjust to Joe Montana….sh!t the current Chiefs should bring in Joe-Mo and he’d be starting even at 60 years old…)….we all expect a lot of points in this one, since the Saints play NO defense and this fast-break Denver offense leaves it’s D on the field a bit too much….the Saints are on a roll right now, the NFC is better then the AFC and a 3-game winning streak does (amazingly) get the Saints back into the playoff conversation….(man I’d love to see the Saints and Cardinals play….the movable defense against the destructible offense….)

Winner: Saints

Game Quality: **** (who needs defense?)

Monday Oct. 29:

49ers at Arizona:

This one’s a no-brainer so I’ll relay a small story here, was talking football with Kelly and I was going on about how AWFUL they are….she goes to me “but my dad says they’re 4-2 so they must be doing well, right??” I then bet her father a small bet that Arizona will finish the year 6-10 or worse…this game puts them on their way to this (and gets me a free dinner)…playing the Cardinals means your sack totals get all puffed up, and the Arizona QB gets beat up, this game is right up the 49er wheelhouse and it will be reflected in the final result!

Winner: 49ers

Game Quality: ** (just to watch Arizona QB ‘x’ get pummeled)

NFL Power Rankings Week 7:

AFC:

1. Houston…picking on the bones in a weak-ass AFC
  2. Denver…not playing is the best way to look good in the AFC
  3. New England…balanced offense, just enough defense?
  4. Baltimore…defensive issues, who knew?
  5. NY Jets….why not, each time I rank em, they lose ;)

NFC:

1. Atlanta…bye weeks change nothing here
  2. NY Giants…here they go ….again….
  3. 49ers….establish dominance in the NFC West…sure….
  4. Chicago…beating up on the weak part of the schedule is still winning
  5. Minnesota….doing the same, but NO ONE saw this coming…..

Crash, when are you going to learn that you don't need offense punch to score on the Pats? lol...the only QB the Patriots seem to be able to stop is Tim Tebow over the last two years.

I think the Rams are actually going to win this one to put the Pats at 4-4...then you're REALLY going to see fireworks up in NE.

Crash, when are you going to learn that you don't need offense punch to score on the Pats? lol...the only QB the Patriots seem to be able to stop is Tim Tebow over the last two years.

I think the Rams are actually going to win this one to put the Pats at 4-4...then you're REALLY going to see fireworks up in NE.

I was thinking the same thing on a sloppy field, with the Rams pass rush and evolving offense, I think the Rams pull the upset.

Things to praise Odin for:

1. We get a bye week to figure out WTF is wrong with our offense outside of Maryland.

2. Jets/Fins usually pretty entertaining with two seemingly inept teams.

3. Sunday Night Football, dont care who plays

4. Monday NIght Football (after catching up with Dexter from Sunday night).

5. Thursday Night games still not relevant to watch.

You still need players....Steven Jackson's been eh.....Richardson's not there yet....the WE corps is awful with Amendola...and a crappy field leans itself more to the Pats who have a better run game then the Rams do....this is more a "Rams aren't ready" as opposed to a pro-Pats pick....

I don't know why you're complaining about the lack of 4 PM starts in a week when Cowboys-Giants are one of them anyway. I wouldn't want to be flipping around ten different games when the Jets are on, though now that I have the RedZone network I can at least do that during commercials, that's about it.

And I don't get saying karma bit MJD for holding out either, this is the NFL - the land of the one-way guaranteed contracts. If you're gonna kill him for holding out, then kill every owner and GM for cutting players to get out of paying them money on their signed deal - which is literally every team in the NFL.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I don't know why you're complaining about the lack of 4 PM starts in a week when Cowboys-Giants are one of them anyway. I wouldn't want to be flipping around ten different games when the Jets are on, though now that I have the RedZone network I can at least do that during commercials, that's about it.

And I don't get saying karma bit MJD for holding out either, this is the NFL - the land of the one-way guaranteed contracts. If you're gonna kill him for holding out, then kill every owner and GM for cutting players to get out of paying them money on their signed deal - which is literally every team in the NFL.

It's more the idiocy of EIGHT games at one that pisses me off....it's the same thing I had with it last week.....I like watching ALL the games remember? (it's why I'm such a pain in the ass to deal with at the bar, 8 games at one means you're missing 3-4 of them)....and I like it better when Dallas-Giant games get stuffed on Thursday, Monday or Sunday Nights so I can enjoy the rest of the league without agida :P

There's plenty of Salary Cap penalties for cutting a guy in the first few years of his deal too (part of why the Jets are stuck with Santonio Holmes as an example)....there's still risk on the owner's side too

How has the Cowboys Keystone Cops offense suddenly made this game close? If Romo had viable weapons they would be dangerous.

I wish I could answer this.....I started doing "Dumbo Shots" in the first quarter and i fear sobering up for needing more of the shots :P

I've been saying for over a year now, Dumbo is the LEAST of their problems......

I was thinking the same thing on a sloppy field, with the Rams pass rush and evolving offense, I think the Rams pull the upset.

Well, Pats turned one of their patented bully wins. Great for stat-padding. Not fooling me.

Dumbo should refer to Dez Bryant who is not smart enough to play in the NFL.

Romo IMO is still a very good QB

I know....but he has Dumbo-Ears....hence the nickname......

Funny when the real refs get a reversal right it hurts the Cowboys. After all of CRASHER's whining that the real refs suck too lol

They didn't deserve that fvcking game anyway.... 2nd and 1 inside the 30 all three timeouts and you CAN'T RUN THE BALL ONCE?!?!

Any extra wins at this point prolong the stupid of the offensive "minds" on this coaching staff.....

Hey Crasher, STOP PICKING THE JETS.. Thank you kindly

Soon enough....after all I don't want you guys getting a top 5 pick or anything ....once I'm content my alleged picking skills have done their damage I'll move on :evil:

6-10 sounds about good B )

I don't think even Crasher can control the amount of suck coming out of the Jests locker room.

(shhhhh, I picked them to lose in my ACTUAL pool the last two weeks, but that's no fun :P )