All-Star Players Announced

thefiestygoat

It really isn't that big of a deal that none of them are going, but the "more rest" and "it's an exhibition game anyway" type of comments strike me as being justifications after the fact. We shouldn't be mad that none of them are going, but... come on, the Devils should have representation on the team.

This is probably the worst all star lineup ever. Im not even annoyed that there isn't a devil in the lineup, cause we get to see henrique and larsson in the skills comp (which is better than the game imo) but some of these players should never be called "all stars." Wideman, edler, girardi, campbell, tavaras, pominville, lupul, couture, benn, and price are all good players but none of them are all stars.

It really isn't that big of a deal that none of them are going, but the "more rest" and "it's an exhibition game anyway" type of comments strike me as being justifications after the fact. We shouldn't be mad that none of them are going, but... come on, the Devils should have representation on the team.

I always liked the skills competition, but the All-Star game usually sucks. They are just boring score-fests and honestly it is more like meh. Since the WC came in, I care more about that game than the All-Star Game.

This is probably the worst all star lineup ever. Im not even annoyed that there isn't a devil in the lineup, cause we get to see henrique and larsson in the skills comp (which is better than the game imo) but some of these players should never be called "all stars." Wideman, edler, girardi, campbell, tavaras, pominville, lupul, couture, benn, and price are all good players but none of them are all stars.

Girardi's been the best player on d for the top team in the conference. Campbell's having a big time year for a suddenly big time team. JT's putting up good numbers. Couture looks really good, I know we don't watch the west coast, but he's a good player and we're gonna see him for awhile. It's sour grapes to bash these guys, especially considering our big 3 are all borderline. Ottawa stuffing the ballot is a little inconvenient, but I'm not bashing any of the guys who are there. Especially after Elias got in last year.

Edited by mouse

I always liked the skills competition, but the All-Star game usually sucks. They are just boring score-fests and honestly it is more like meh. Since the WC came in, I care more about that game than the All-Star Game.

You'll get no argument from me about the game, but... I said it somewhere earlier, the all-star game is not for fans like us, and I'm fine with that.

It's still a problem that none of the Devils star players are going.

That, and I agree with njd3b1ink. This is a bad all-star team all around, for both conferences. Again, like I said in the other thread (I think that was about ballot stuffing), it's not that big of a deal but it is annoying.

Oh well.. More rest for Zach, Kovy, and Elias.. Good exposure for our young stars

True enough, and it's even more of an excuse for me to ignore it although it's ironic that Elias went last year and not this year, when he deserved it more this year. Just goes to show how having one rep from every team leads to goofy results.

Do you want to win the ASG or the cup? lol

So we got snubbed, and who else?? Carolina, Columbus, Colorado, Edmonton I think thats it

While, in reality, its no big deal to have not 1 of our players actually in the game, it does show how the NHL feels about certain teams. It's no coincidence that we get lumped in with these other teams who they could give a flying F about. If the Rangers were in our position and you exchanged our roster for theirs, Parise and Kovy definitely would be playing in that game.

True enough, and it's even more of an excuse for me to ignore it although it's ironic that Elias went last year and not this year, when he deserved it more this year. Just goes to show how having one rep from every team leads to goofy results.

But we don't have a rep. ... Or does that include the rookies?

Do you want to win the ASG or the cup? lol

The cup, of course. But having or not having a rep at the ASG isn't going to make a bit of difference to our playoff chances, one way or another (the Devils chances, that is). The ASG is all about team and individual player exposure. As Devils fans, we should want the team to get as much exposure as possible.

The problem here is:

While, in reality, its no big deal to have not 1 of our players actually in the game, it does show how the NHL feels about certain teams. It's no coincidence that we get lumped in with these other teams who they could give a flying F about. If the Rangers were in our position and you exchanged our roster for theirs, Parise and Kovy definitely would be playing in that game.

Agreed.

---

And we're not winning the cup this year.

Any team that makes the playoffs has a shot. That's been proven true for decades.

The Devils are not the Canucks or the Bruins, but they are competitive despite all of "the sky is falling!" fan comments this year and last.

It isn't even like anyone of them really got snubbed. Anyone who thinks so, what's your case? Sure you can list where they are now in individual scoring, but the NHL has been planning this for a week or two now, and a few Devils have got hot to move way up in the list. Even so, with the rules in place, I can't argue that any Devil deserves to be there.

The Oilers were told today that Eberle would have been an all-star if he didn't get hurt anyway. Looking at the teams with multiple all-stars, did any Devil deserve to be there over Toews, Lupul, or Seguin. I don't think so? The only case to be made is a Devil over Kane and even then that is picking hairs. And Kane may have only got a spot because Eberle couldn't go, and his name rings out as a star.

As for the names not sounding all-star...well the NHL clearly tried a bit with Ovechkin getting a spot over Backstrom that he didn't deserve. I guess they could have selected Vanek over Pominville, but that wouldn't have been right.

it doesnt matter and im actually glad Zach is not going.... he wont be chilling with other guys telling him how cool is it to play with their teams and lure him to consider leaving lol

yes im paranoid but its kinda true

I for one would hate to see him leave,but what do the Devils offer him that other teams can't...meaning WHY would he not want to go to a team that has a better chance of winning a cup in the near future (3-4 years)