GDT: Minnesota @ Devils 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

When did I claim to be special?  Don't put words in my mouth.

He's rooting against the Devils on a Devils forum, sounds like a good enough reason to me to not want to deal with his nonsense.

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team. "

Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach

"

He stated a fact that the Wild are getting better (in the playoffs) and the Devils are getting worse (out of the playoffs). rooting for parise to get a hattrick is rooting for a player, not a team. Devils could still win even with him getting a hattrick.

Your double standards are worrisome. I would imagine you would be calling for Marty's head if he was the one who gave up that second goal. But everything is A-OK with Schneider letting it in.

did anyone catch parise's smirk when the devils were celebrating

I demand to see evidence in gif form.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1544488_10203576651801111_1764804707_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/1922063_10203576652961140_270791004_n.jpg

Edited by DJ Eco

As for last night's game, we played great. We made a pretty damn good team's offense virtually non-existent. 

I booed the hell out of Parise, I got it out of my system, but I'm not really mad enough at him (anymore) to do it again. He got this game out of the way and I think many of us will probably not boo next time. He faced the music like a champ and that smirk of his at the end of the game after the OT goal got me a wee bit sentimental.

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team. "

Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach

"

He stated a fact that the Wild are getting better (in the playoffs) and the Devils are getting worse (out of the playoffs). rooting for parise to get a hattrick is rooting for a player, not a team. Devils could still win even with him getting a hattrick.

Your double standards are worrisome. I would imagine you would be calling for Marty's head if he was the one who gave up that second goal. But everything is A-OK with Schneider letting it in.

You're way overanalyzing the booing, it's getting a bit self-righteous. It's just not a big deal. No one attempted to stop him from living his life, it's fans booing a hockey player because he left town. If you honestly clapped "because he decided to live his own life" then I think you would enjoy being part of the audience at a taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show more than you would a hockey game.

Thanks

NHL changed the goal credit this morning to Suter. 

:evil:  Lou is such a troll.

I didn't put words in your mouth as you are doing to me, I didn't say you said anything. I just pointed out the way you make it look. But you are putting words in his mouth by saying he's rooting for another team.

...right.  Okay, I can see how this discussion's going to go, and I'll pass.

For the record, I wasn't calling him a loser for ..what, being on my ignore list?  I called him a loser for rooting against the Devils.  Use that noggin.

"Yupp and thats why devils fans continue to be considered a joke. Boo away, his team is getting better and ours is getting worse. #hattyforzach"

Are we really going to argue that rooting for an opposing player to score a hattrick against the Devils isn't rooting against the Devils?  Seriously?

I...what? When did I comment on goaltending in this thread?  I think you're confused.

I'm not wasting my time or yours arguing over this.  If you didn't like Zach getting boo'd, you probably just shouldn't have watched this one.  We all knew it was coming.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Here's the bottom line folks: feel however you want about Parise. But those of you with the self-righteous opinion on booing him- just give it a rest. You're not more mature or more refined or a better person or whatever the fvck loon logic you use to make your decision to not boo. And no one gives a sh!t how awesome you think you are for not booing, especially me. So go take that sh!t somewhere else, because no one here gives a fvck. Thanks.

How did Parise even get credited with that goal, the replays appeared to show it hitting Salvador. Why wasn't it changed? Why is our official scorer so quick to credit Parise? 

Peeve#2, no excuse why our PA can't announce who scored/assisted on the game winning OT goal BEFORE the 3 Stars.  After one replay, it was clear on the game winner who scored & who assisted. 

SWEEP the rest of the homestand!!  LGD!

This is now making the rounds on the net.  This idiot and his buddy go to the game last night and sit in sec 123 and gets booed.  He then posts a drama-filled tirade on Reddit with a video showing how awful Devils fans are.  Problem is he has already been called out for only telling half the story as he was just as equally guilty in it as well.  There is a picture that for some reason I cannot post of the said idiot and his friend making jestures at the Devils fans including one that is meant to say that they think NJ is the armpit of America.

http://deadspin.com/attending-a-devils-game-in-a-zach-parise-jersey-sounds-1548858790/all

Stay classy Parise defenders

Edited by DevsMan84

As for last night's game, we played great. We made a pretty damn good team's offense virtually non-existent. 

I booed the hell out of Parise, I got it out of my system, but I'm not really mad enough at him (anymore) to do it again. He got this game out of the way and I think many of us will probably not boo next time. He faced the music like a champ and that smirk of his at the end of the game after the OT goal got me a wee bit sentimental.

+1 on the bolded part. Those were my feelings exactly.

IMO, last night he got what was coming to him. ... I imagine there will be a vocal contingent of fans who will still boo him next time and continue to hate on him, but not me.