Hockey jersey frame?

I have an authentic brodeur jersey framed its autographed, i bought it framed from field of dreams.. the frame work is the most detailed/best quality/best looking put together framed jersey I've ever seen with pictures and patches in it but i believe they're like $500... i was thinking about framing my clarkson game worn i found much cheaper options googling... google it up

I framed my brodeur jersey. It looks amazing. I went all out with double matting of red suede and black matting, thicker frame, jersey completely fitted not folded so frame is huge, and museum glass so very minimal glare. It cost around $850 but so worth it!i had it done at a framing place called Around the Corner Art Center in Freehold. Sorry the pic uploaded sideways.

post-2966-0-26111900-1370723699_thumb.jp

Edited by rf1583

I understand for a high price item that you only want to display, this is not the way to go, but for less expensive jerseys that you may even want to wear some day, you could try the Shirt Whiz.  They're relatively inexpensive at $24 a pop.  When I have a space of my own to display everything that I have I am definitely going to pick a few up and rotate some jerseys in and out.  If anyone has used one, I'd love to hear your review.

Staal_large.jpg?2086

How dirty is it going to get hanging on your wall.. Wipe the dust off before you wear it .. Easy problem solved

Put it in your man cave and invite over a bunch of friends with food and beer in their hands and you will see how dirty it gets.

IMO jerseys are either meant to be worn, hanging in a closet or in a frame.  There is a reason why people don't hang their suits out in the open in their game room if the worst it will get is a little dusty.

Put it in your man cave and invite over a bunch of friends with food and beer in their hands and you will see how dirty it gets.

IMO jerseys are either meant to be worn, hanging in a closet or in a frame.  There is a reason why people don't hang their suits out in the open in their game room if the worst it will get is a little dusty.

Is this really an issue?  Do you really have friends who wipe their hands on your decor?  I am picturing a guy eating Cheez Doodles and using your carpet as a napkin.

Is this really an issue?  Do you really have friends who wipe their hands on your decor?  I am picturing a guy eating Cheez Doodles and using your carpet as a napkin.

Then why not leave business suits out in the open then too instead of in the closet?  Why put any clothes in a closet then?

I dont want my jersey hanging out in the open where sh!t can be spilled on it and dust can collect on it.  By the looks of it from the picture the jersey will hang out quite a bit from the wall so it is easy to walk into when you have something dirty in your hands and I have seen that happen.  There is a reason most poeple frame jerseys to display instead of buying a cheap "As-seen-on-TV" product.

Then why not leave business suits out in the open then too instead of in the closet?  Why put any clothes in a closet then?

To keep them organized and out of sight, maybe? I don't think the point of a closet is to protect from dust and dirt. There's dust and dirt inside of closets, too.

Personally, I keep all of my game worn jerseys in the closet, but not because I think they're safer there. I'd actually prefer to have them on display, but I don't have the space for it (or the money for frames). Not to mention, a lot of frame jobs come out terrible in my opinion, and even if the framing is done well, I don't really want to "lock away" my jerseys in a frame where only one side of the jersey is visible.

I do have one mannequin that I use to display jerseys (I rotate which one is out on display). I haven't ever had a problem with excessive dust. It's just dust...you can easily brush it away or clean it off.

IMG_3935.jpg

Ideally, I'd like a setup along these lines someday:

BruinsDisplay.jpg

Greatjerseydisplay.jpg

Something like this is probably more realistic (aka affordable) though, and I think it looks fine:

NiceHockeyGameRoom.jpg

Edited by JWomp

I dont want my jersey hanging out in the open where sh!t can be spilled on it and dust can collect on it.  By the looks of it from the picture the jersey will hang out quite a bit from the wall so it is easy to walk into when you have something dirty in your hands and I have seen that happen.  There is a reason most poeple frame jerseys to display instead of buying a cheap "As-seen-on-TV" product.

This is borderline insane logic.  Who would want to display a business suit?  The hanger I posted is not for an expensive museum piece that you know you're never going to wear again.  It's a nice budget alternative.  GSP asked for some advice on framing/displaying jerseys.  I agree with Jordan.  If it gets dusty, clean it.

This is borderline insane logic.  Who would want to display a business suit?  The hanger I posted is not for an expensive museum piece that you know you're never going to wear again.  It's a nice budget alternative.  GSP asked for some advice on framing/displaying jerseys.  I agree with Jordan.  If it gets dusty, clean it.

I'd rather wait and save up for a nice frame or display window box.  This glorified hanger alternative just makes it look like laundry hanging out in your den.

I'll admit I am a little jealous of the guy who invented this thing as he is just selling shirt hangers for $25 a pop.  Would love to get that kind of money.

Good discussion here guys.  I like all the options everyone brought up too.  I've never seen those hangers before. And those displays JWomp posted are pretty awesome.  I have around 15-20 jerseys now so maybe someday I can pull off something like that (if the ball and chain abides that is  :whistling: )

The jersey I had in mind is a game worn autographed Mike Modano Stars jersey from the 96 season. My old man bought it for me for Christmas when I was 16 or 17 I believe.  Didn't expect it at all (although I did ask for a 1997 Stars 3rd jersey Modano replica. I got this instead) It was an awesome find for my dad haha.

The frame that hoekster316 posted was something similar to what I had in mind.  It's affordable and still looks pretty good. I wanted to display this in my office and I think the frame would look nicer than the hanger option, but I do agree not being able to see the front of the jersey is something I'll need to sacrifice.

Interesting to see what you all have done with your jerseys!

And for the record I keep my suits in the closet with with those plastic bag type sheaths over them to keep the dust off  ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.