2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

In the first half of the Jets game yesterday, jets fans were chanting J E T S SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!..... 2nd half they were yelling super bowl again. LOL

Nature of the beast. And there are a lot of beasts in the stands at Jet games.

The guy's been playing how long and he does THAT? That was as rookie as it gets.

And it just goes to show how misleading passer ratings can be...Rivers has a career passer rating of 95.9. (His playoff rating is considerably lower, at 79.2). Brady is at 95.6 (85.7 playoff), Peyton is at 94.9 (88.4 playoff). Is ANYONE putting Rivers in Brady's and Manning's class? No way.

He's in the Matt Schaub class.

JETS FANS!! Great set of outcomes this weekend for our boys.

Oakland, Tennessee, Baltimore, and San Diego all lost.. and just like that, the Jets are back in the heart of the Wildcard race. :cheers: Only 2 teams in the AFC have more wins than our Jets.

When I look at the Patriots schedule from here on out.. and I see teams like KC, Indy, Washington, Denver, and Miami 2x still ahead (that's 6 automatic wins for New England ontop of the 5 they already have) it's pointless to shoot for the AFC East. I've completely conceded the Division. Much more likely to sneak in the back door. That's why these last two days were very important for our boys to gain ground.

JETS FANS!! Great set of outcomes this weekend for our boys.

Oakland, Tennessee, Baltimore, and San Diego all lost.. and just like that, the Jets are back in the heart of the Wildcard race. :cheers: Only 2 teams in the AFC have more wins than our Jets.

When I look at the Patriots schedule from here on out.. and I see teams like KC, Indy, Washington, Denver, and Miami 2x still ahead (that's 6 automatic wins for New England ontop of the 5 they already have) it's pointless to shoot for the AFC East. I've completely conceded the Division. Much more likely to sneak in the back door. That's why these last two days were very important for our boys to gain ground.

NE already played Miami once...opening night.

Toughest part of the Pats' sched is the next three weeks: @Pitt, vs. NY Giants, @NY Jets. If the Jets beat NE November 13 (and the Jets are 3-3 against the Pats under Ryan, so it's not that's a longshot), the division is still in play.

♫♪ You Might think I'm Crazy. ♫♪ ..but I'm rootin' for NE in this one. :P

Why? The Jets are still in play for the division!

SHHHHHhhhh. After our Monday night farce, I need the PATs as well.

bad joke?

Not at all.

..and Manta knows what I'm talking about, because the AFC North plays out much like the AFC East.

If New England can win the Division by beating teams like; Pittsburgh, Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, etc.. all on their path to the AFC East.. then they're inadvertently helping the Jets. I'd gladly sacrifice the Division for a safety-net fall back in the Wildcard. Besides.. what has winning the AFC East done for the Pats come playoff time lately? Moreover.. has it hindered the Jets from making postseason noise? :noclue:

Has anyone seen NE's schedule? After the Jets game, they play a 6 game stretch of teams with a combined record of 9-27! Any AFC East lead the Jets may or may not have over these next 3 weeks, will only be temporary. Mainly because, once the New England Free Ride Tour begins.. I can't see the Jets keeping up with them throughout that stretch.

Even if one were to argue the Jets schedule also has "winnable games" after 11/13.. the difference is track-record. The Patriots are known to take care of business when they have to. The Jets are notorious for losing games, they should win.

If there were teams like SF, GB, NO, Baltimore, etc. all remaining on the Patriots schedule, I'd feel alot different. But given the remaining teams the Pats will face after November 13th.. I can't see them losing the Division..

..so why not let them help the Jets in their Wildcard race, on New England's path to regular season greatness? ;)

Edited by Beezer34

Not at all.

..and Manta knows what I'm talking about, because the AFC North plays out much like the AFC East.

If New England can win the Division by beating teams like; Pittsburgh, Oakland, Buffalo, San Diego, etc.. all on their path to the AFC East.. then they're inadvertently helping the Jets. I'd gladly sacrifice the Division for a safety-net fall back in the Wildcard. Besides.. what has winning the AFC East done for the Pats come playoff time lately? Moreover.. has it hindered the Jets from making postseason noise? :noclue:

Has anyone seen NE's schedule? After the Jets game, they play a 6 game stretch of teams with a combined record of 9-27! Any AFC East lead the Jets may or may not have over these next 3 weeks, will only be temporary. Mainly because, once the New England Free Ride Tour begins.. I can't see the Jets keeping up with them throughout that stretch.

Even if one were to argue the Jets schedule also has "winnable games" after 11/13.. the difference is track-record. The Patriots are known to take care of business when they have to. The Jets are notorious for losing games, they should win.

If there were teams like SF, GB, NO, Baltimore, etc. all remaining on the Patriots schedule, I'd feel alot different. But given the remaining teams the Pats will face after November 13th.. I can't see them losing the Division..

..so why not let them help the Jets in their Wildcard race, on New England's path to regular season greatness? ;)

so afterthe ravens titans texans bills and steelers all won 2day, is joey still rooting 4 the wildcard? yea didnt think so :P

so afterthe ravens titans texans bills and steelers all won 2day, is joey still rooting 4 the wildcard? yea didnt think so :P

Actually, after today.. probably not. :closedeyes:

This week was so important for the right teams to lose, to create that fall-back safety net for the Jets. But now it's looking more likely that; if the Jets make the playoffs.. they're going to have to do it by winning the Division. So.. yes, I have changed my P.O.V. (but not because I want to.. because I'm forced to)

It's amazing how 1 week can change everything in the NFL. Last Sunday only Pittsburgh & New England had more wins than the Jets in the AFC. --Now we're 10th in the Conference, with 9 teams sitting in front of us with a better record.

I had bet the farm on this week crippling alot of the teams that were on "the fringe" so-to-speak. San Diego I wasn't worried about.. (because we own the tiebreaker) ..but I was so sure that Jacksonville was going to upset Houston, and the Pats were going to beat Pittsburgh. Brady has owned the Steelers for years now, and I figured this would be just another chapter. THEN when I saw the Cardinals up 24-3 against Baltimore, my head was about to explode. --Instead everybody I wanted/needed to lose, won.. and now the 5th & 6th seeds are looking more and more like a cluster-fvck come December.

The Patriots may lose next week. They may even lose the week after. (though I'd be beyond stunned to see NE drop 3 straight) But even if that were to happen hypothetically.. they'd still finish 12-4 for the year imo. I just can't realistically see them losing any games after Week 10. (barring injury) And even if they were to lose 1, they'd still be @ 11-5.

Just too tough seeing the Jets winning the AFC East, I can't even picture it.

If I was forced at gun point to either; bet against the Pats, or everybody else.. I'd rather bet against everybody else. Because I've seen everybody else fall short first hand. Yet the Pats have shown the dependability to endure anything and everything throughout the years. They rise to the challenge's set in front of them so consistently, they make you curse the heavens. I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Patriots Remaining Schedule:

NY Giants

@ NY Jets (Sunday Night)

Kansas City (Monday Night)

@ Philadelphia

Indianapolis (Sunday Night)-> 99% sure this will be flexed

@ Washington

@ Denver

Miami

Buffalo (SNF flex?)

Jets Remaining Schedule:

@ Buffalo

New England (Sunday Night)

@ Denver (Thursday Night)

Buffalo (SNF flex?)

@ Washington

Kansas City

@ Philadelphia (SNF flex?)

NY Giants

@ Miami

Both teams basically have the same schedule except that the Jets get Buffalo twice. The Jets also have to turn-around on 2 practice days off an emotional Sunday night with the Pats to play at Denver which won't be easy due to simple logistics.

I wasn't even thinking in terms of blowing it at 20-3.

20-3.. 4th quarter.

Jets blow this game, the season is over.

haha guess not

I wasn't fully confident until it was 27-3 with 4 minutes left. Right up until the end, I had this horrible feeling the Jets were going to blow it.. which, had they, the season would've been in the toilet. You can't squander a 17 point lead in the 4th quarter, and drop to 4-4 without an utter implosion occurring. Thankfully, it never got to that point.

Wonderful executing throughout 60 minutes. Great hard fought victory all around. Every facet of the team, continues to improve week-to-week. Special Teams looks better than ever.. the defense is starting to look like the 2009 team.. and the offense has generated 9 touchdowns & 1,000 yards over this winning streak. I think we can all get off the offense/schottenheimer bashing band`bus now. :blahblah:

•Sidenote: Derrick Mason must've really been more of a cancer than even we had suspected. I've never seen such an extreme case of "addition by subtraction" in my life.

*So now the Jets look to make it 4 wins in-a-row, at home, against a pissed off New England team. :doh1:

I don't see it happening. The Patriots don't lose 2 games in-a-row, let alone 3. I see the winning streak ending at the hands of Bill & Brady, only for the Jets to turn around and take it out on Denver the week after. What is going to be interesting however, is how NE responds to the run. We all know how bad their secondary is, but our running game has been white hot! The Jets have 400 rushing yards over the last 3 games. Ground & pound football is officially back. How will the Pats front seven hold up? We'll find out.

------------------

EDIT: I still can't get my head off that Oakland game. At 6-2, (getting ready to play NE @ home) the Division would've been all ours. There wouldn't have even been a question about it. We had a 10 point lead, and we let that game slip away..

..will haunt me all year. -_-

Edited by Beezer34

•Sidenote: Derrick Mason must've really been more of a cancer than even we had suspected. I've never seen such an extreme case of "addition by subtraction" in my life.

I have...about nine months ago with the Devils' former captain :P

I think trading Mason did send a message more than anything else, as much as the front office wanted to deny it publicly.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If the Jets don't throw it 40 times against that secondary, they're crazy.

I was always more of a believer that; you play to your own strengths, -vs- your opponents weakness.

The Jets have worked hard all year to get their running game to the point it's at now. We're on the brink of cultivating a 3'headed Monster in Greene, LT, & McKnight. I say continue the G&P exactly how it's been executed since Miami. The Pats are going to expect us to throw the ball 40x. So why not throw them for a loop, and do the exact opposite? Besides, the running game extends time of possession, and keeps Brady a spectator.

The most interesting aspect of this game is going to be OUR secondary imo. Revis is Revis.. but Cromartie's game has improved leaps and bounds since Week 5. Not to mention the mini-island that's forming in the name of Kyle Wilson..

..meanwhile Brady has lost 3 games over his last 6, and thrown 9 picks throughout the stretch. If the Jets can keep Tommy boy flustered enough, and send a safety here and there.. we might see a "pick party" the likes of Buffalo back in September. :thumbsup:

Edited by Beezer34

The Jets also have to turn-around on 2 practice days off an emotional Sunday night with the Pats, to play at Denver which won't be easy due to simple logistics.

These next 2 games will be win/loss games, one way or the other.

If the Patriots beat up on the Jets (which I fully expect) the Jets will take out their frustrations on the Broncos.. short week or not, doesn't matter. If the Jets somehow beat New England, they'll overlook Denver completely (and still be drunk from the win against the Pats) and lay an egg on Thursday night. <-- this seems more like the Jets. :P

..either way, I can't see them winning both these games. However, I can't see them losing them both either.