Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

I do have the equipment ...

Quoted for misuse at my discretion in the future. :evil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#42 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Quoted for misuse at my discretion in the future. :evil:

OH COME ON. :doh1:

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#43 LivingThread

LivingThread

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

That place Mesa or what ever it was called lasted less time then the crack rocks on the corner of Market and Broad.

We were gonna go there one day (prolly a friday) after work but then it was gone. We were there everyday too lol. From what "they" said was that building and everythign else on that side of the street was supposed to be demolished to make way for a huge sportsbar (possibly ESPN the zone style), shopping and parking. Havent seen it yet.

I havent tried any of the other bars besides Arena Bar and Green St Cafe (when i need food along with brews). Im gonna give them a shot.

#44 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

If you didn't know before, I spent the summer interning at an architecture firm in Miami, I hope to eventually major in architecture. Anyway, for fun, on and off throughout the last 3 or 4 weeks, I've been building this place we made. Unfortunately, I can't exactly run a waterslide from the building to the prudential center, so I just had the waterslides ending up on the ground. They're still waterslides though!

Anyway, I have like 75% of it done, so I thought I'd share the photo's with you guys. It takes a while to upload, but they'll all be up on this thread in an hour or so.

Here goes nothing!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#45 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

Anyway, a couple points of interest.

-There are 2 stripper poles. They are covered in peanut butter.

-There are 3 TV's, one of them is permanently in use as a computer hooked up to NJDevs, of course.

-The menu is self-explanitory

-The bathroom doors, under "Men" it has a Devils logo, under "women" it has a Rangers logo. Sorry, ladies of NJDevs.

-Please note, cupcake, that the bar has 2 small platters of cupcakes. Just for you :)

If you have any suggestions, shoot!

Posted Image

#48 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:50 PM

:lol: that's awesome MB. Really nice touches. When you make an architecture firm, can you name it Art Vandaly Industries? Please?

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#49 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

When do we break ground? I'll bring my shovel
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:24 PM

I particularly appreciate the fact that 2MA is represented in this bar. :thumbsup:

Edited by thelastonealive, 12 October 2009 - 08:25 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#51 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

I particularly appreciate the fact that 2MA is represented in this bar. :thumbsup:

All for you, my dear friend! :P

Posted Image

#52 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

All for you, my dear friend! :P

Obviously not for crash :P

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#53 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:58 PM

Obviously not for crash :P

:lol:

Posted Image

#54 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:30 PM

Also, if you have anything you would add or change, let me hear it. Any posters you want hung up, etc.

Posted Image

#55 cupcake23

cupcake23

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

I am honored to be represented. I am loving it all. Even the peanut butter stripper poles. ;)

Official keeper of: Kevin Clark, Dr. Murray Seltzer,
The Arena Lounge (outside on Greene and Mullberry), and David Clarkson's lisp.

#56 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:51 PM

This bar would obviously be closer to the shore, right? I mean look at all these bars up in newark but we don't have any here. MB, me, you, dig, and others deserve this.

For location, I suggest by the train station in Belmar (or any shore train station town). Get plastered in the bar, walk to the train, walk to the scf at the pru center.

#57 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:20 PM

Christ, there is rarely a time worth posting anything here. Yeah, Sutter sucks, and sorry, but I think Brylin does too, and aside from that, I'm content to just read what other people say for months on end.

Except when it comes to my baby, the Super Fun Water Happy Slide Peanut Butter Bar.

Nice renderings, but the "E" in "GRILLE" should be a "3." That's part of the charter. And no slides leading to the Goal Bar? Unacceptable. We'll all freeze in the street after Weekend Warrior weekend #2 (Tampa, then Detroit). I'm not running into the Devils Den for an $85 sweatshirt.

I'm willing to move this bar from Edison Place to the old trolley station on Broad Street, just behind the garage and next to the church founded in 1666 if the water slides will go into the Ice Lounge.

Also,to get back on the very original topic, the site Glocallynewark.com has pointed out more than a few places to get a drink or 6 before and after each game. To hell with the overpriced Brick City, I'm a huge fan of MmmBello's. Partly because I take the train back to NYC anyway, and partly because it's awesome. No water slides though.

Forgot to mention, I do love the prices.

#58 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:51 PM

Ok. I'm currently doing a render making my best attempts at a slide going directly from DIG-Bar to the Pru center. How exactly do you want the slide to, y'know, ENTER the building? I'm thinking if we have the slide end up going through it's own entrance in the PNC tower, and we just literally purchase the land next to the Rock to build this bar from scratch, we could make it work. And you're right about the cold, I'll change it to an indoor slide. Other than that, oh creator, what else would you like added? Any posters? Pictures? Random items?

Posted Image

#59 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

Ok. I'm currently doing a render making my best attempts at a slide going directly from DIG-Bar to the Pru center. How exactly do you want the slide to, y'know, ENTER the building? I'm thinking if we have the slide end up going through it's own entrance in the PNC tower, and we just literally purchase the land next to the Rock to build this bar from scratch, we could make it work. And you're right about the cold, I'll change it to an indoor slide. Other than that, oh creator, what else would you like added? Any posters? Pictures? Random items?

Can the slide twist, starting at the top of PNC Tower, and spit ut at the base where everyone else enters? Maybe the slide should have it's own metal detector/wanding station?

#60 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

This bar would obviously be closer to the shore, right? I mean look at all these bars up in newark but we don't have any here. MB, me, you, dig, and others deserve this.

For location, I suggest by the train station in Belmar (or any shore train station town). Get plastered in the bar, walk to the train, walk to the scf at the pru center.

How about we have the water slides go from the bar in Belmar all the way to Newark? The Bar would have to be something like 2,000 stories tall to make it happen, but that would be the world's most kickass slide. We can call it the Atomic Wedgie Express. The second slide should be for Rangers fans only. It would be a good way to save on plumbing since we could just send all food and human bodily waste out through this slide. It should also let out into the Hudson, just like most sewers.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users