‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

If he goes to Pitt, he will be playing on a line with Crosby and put up ridiculous numbers. Then they will have another line with Malkin and Neal. Couldn't ask for a better 1-2 line combo in the NHL. However, their problem has been defense and goaltending and signing Zach fails to address those issues. They'd be better served with signing Suter than Parise.

• Like 2

Like I said elsewhere, if Parise has sense, he'll sign with the Penguins. Who in their right mind would pass that chance up?

For one, we don't know the money situation. I know there are rumors about how much the Pens have offered, but those are just that; rumors. Perhaps money is a bigger factor than we've realized, and the Pens just aren't offering enough. Additionally, what if Zach doesn't want to be the third best player on the team. Crosby and Malkin are in their own league in terms of ability, and after the novelty of signing a very good player like Parise wears off, he'll go back to playing third fiddle. If he instead signs with the Devils, he'll be the best or second best player on the team and a likely fan favorite. If he goes to the Wild he'll be the home-town-hero. I'm not sure why people try to over-simplify things so much, but if the decision were that easy, it would have already been made.

if he goes to Pitt, he will be 3rd fiddle to Crosby and Malkin, as far as the Penguins are concerned they are untouchable. Look at the contract Crosby just got. Zach will never have a chance to stand out there, he'll just become another one of their guys, maybe a first liner, but more likely 2nd line - just a weapon they took away from the competition for an advantage.

yeah... if Crosby's a 2nd liner... Not a good argument to not go to Pittsburgh.

Its too bad that the franchise is owned by a former VP of Lehman Bros.

Then he should have turned down the Captain's C.

If it means anything anymore...

Guess you have all the answers for everything...too bad you weren't around when Zach needed your advice.

per Russo

talked to Zach Parise at MSP. He says he has not made a decision and he and his fiancée will talk today. "that has not started." #MNWild

Parise has no timetable, says is "so much more than the money. That plays a very small part in it." #MNWild

jesus christ..........

Edited by SterioDesign

Guess you have all the answers for everything...too bad you weren't around when Zach needed your advice.

I would have told Zach to invest in plastics.

• Like 1

The happiest person in all this has got to be Suter, the fact that he hasnt decided yet hasn't gotten nearly as much coverage...I'm at the point that I'm think a Kovy on his natural left wing and possibly Semin on the right at a 6.5 contract wouldnt be so bad right now. All the other options seem to be signing here and there and if Parise walks, only replacements are going to come via trade.

• Like 1

It's appealing to play with Crosby who is an amazing talent...but the idea of carving out your own legend here in NJ, remaining the captain, and taking care of the unfinished business from this year is quite nice too and I'd imagine that's what Lou and the others are trying to sell him on.

Signing with Pitt might look good on paper but sometimes the best laid out plans fall apart...

I am officially off Parise watch and I am going back to normal life activities...this is just getting annoying now.

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

I'm not suggesting Parise is lying, but multiple players who know him very well made it clear he's made a decision #NHL

I think all this "I have to go home, I have to talk to my family" crap is all a PR stunt for him to come off humbled, stressed out, unsure and afraid to leave NJ. He has one foot out the door. He is playing this masterfully but those who can see through the bullsh!t can see this kid is just playing with all of our minds at this point. His mind has been made up.

I'm at the point that I think Kovy on his natural left wing and possibly Semin on the right at a 6.5 contract wouldnt be so bad right now.

I totally agree with this. While I would love to have Zach back at 7M or less, Semin is a more talented offensive player whose skills will hold up better as he ages. He can pull goals out of his ass, Zach can't. Semin has also had a dip in his production lately (likely because of Washingtons defensive makeover just like Ovie), and could be willing to sign for 6,5.

Better yet: SIGN BOTH!! :D :D

This whole "trip home to MN" is a PR tour and he is trying to save a little face with the league. Watch.

Yea and if he's goin to minn to announce his decision, it's prob not great news for us

If semin would sign for 5m.. Then uhhh.. That's something to look at because Zach is probably gonna end up gettin 8m or 9m

Maybe he's going there for a presser?

NO WAY.

He is a money grubbing bastard, just like everyone else...but he is now playing the part of the "beaten, broken down, stressed out, family man" who doesn't know "what to do"....I can see the forest through the trees here. The writing is on the wall folks. He is making a mockery of the NJ Devils and the fans by dragging it out like this while already knowing exactly what he's gonna do. It's bullsh!t.

Yea and if he's goin to minn to announce his decision, it's prob not great news for us

If semin would sign for 5m.. Then uhhh.. That's something to look at because Zach is probably gonna end up gettin 8m or 9m

IT'S A fvckING PR PLOY MAN.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT HES GONNA DO

NO WAY.

He is a money grubbing bastard, just like everyone else...but he is now playing the part of the "beaten, broken down, stressed out, family man" who doesn't know "what to do"....I can see the forest through the trees here. The writing is on the wall folks. He is making a mockery of the NJ Devils and the fans by dragging it out like this while already knowing exactly what he's gonna do. It's bullsh!t.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

Wow. Um..get some fresh air bud

NO WAY.

OPEN YOUR EYES.

Yea u idiot I'm hinting that he might even make his decision to stay in minn while he's in minn

Maybe he's going there for a presser?

That is exactly what I was going to say. I also thnk that Zach Parise has made his desision and will have a press conference in Minnesota.

With the Wild he will be the Franchise player and they will build around him. He will be in his home town and the team will have the identity and marquee player they need.

That said .... I still hope that NJ can keep him. I see him as a gritty talented player.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.