GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Gorton's Fishermen

cgb6397

good win against a struggling team which usually turns things around when we come to town. not this time (no doubt tavares being out helped)

love how zubrus was hitting people , very aggressive game he out-hit matt martin.  speaking of martin, Im glad jassons 3:00 mins didnt include a fight with him, that could have been ugly lol

cory stopped everything he needed to and handled the puck better than he typically does. marty might be talking to him

fayne had a good game. twice grabner came in with top speed one on one and fayne had little trouble. a slippery okposo schooled him once

clowes head passes the first test, good bounce back by reid. still inconsistant but hes more stout than I thought.

Do my ears deceive me, did Clowe fight in this game? Does anyone have a video of this fight and can anyone please tell me why in the world he, of all people, is voluntarily signing up to be hit in the head? Good grief.

Edit: Here is the fight for anyone who missed it...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/120994

Edited by Biggie B

Do my ears deceive me, did Clowe fight in this game? Does anyone have a video of this fight and can anyone please tell me why in the world he, of all people, is voluntarily signing up to be hit in the head? Good grief.

Edit: Here is the fight for anyone who missed it...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/120994

I mean, I guess it's part of his game that he wants to get going but.. Talk about a pointless fight. Totally clean hit, and he has to defend home against a relatively useless player.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

good win against a struggling team which usually turns things around when we come to town. not this time (no doubt tavares being out helped)

love how zubrus was hitting people , very aggressive game he out-hit matt martin. speaking of martin, Im glad jassons 3:00 mins didnt include a fight with him, that could have been ugly lol

cory stopped everything he needed to and handled the puck better than he typically does. marty might be talking to him

fayne had a good game. twice grabner came in with top speed one on one and fayne had little trouble. a slippery okposo schooled him once

clowes head passes the first test, good bounce back by reid. still inconsistant but hes more stout than I thought.

I disagree with the statement of coreys stick handling. There was a time he almost gave up a goal after being behind the net and missing the puck. Fayne jumped behind him in case the puck was being shot and hit his head on the post Edited by Onddeck

I disagree with the statement of coreys stick handling. There was a time he almost gave up a goal after being behind the net and missing the puck. Fayne jumped behind him in case the puck was being shot and hit his head on the post

I missed that one. but it seems like he's going behind the net more and getting more velocity on his passes and clears

If Cory can use this year to gain at least 50% of the ability Marty has on the stick, he'll be a much better goalie by next season. It's nerve-rattling sometimes when he comes out to play the puck, but the tradeoff is that hopefully he's gaining some confidence in his stick-handling, which is a good thing if he can sharpen that skill the next upcoming half of the season.

Edited by DJ Eco