NFC/AFC Championship Weekend

CRASHER

Alright so I didn't recap either weekend of football in the playoffs (but after that Toronto debacle... can ya blame me there, and who knew the next weekend was gonna be as barren?? And to be honest I blocked out some stuffs from last week as you can IMAGINE, that Sunday was as miserable as being back in Brooklyn in 1994... those "loyal" Giants fans all over the place... you know... the ones who didn't rip the tags off their Eli jerseys so they could RETURN them in case they lost... REAL loyalty :P)... anyway... and then there were two games......

San Diego at New England

Not exactly what people expected this weekend of this year (maybe LAST year)... but here they are... the Evil Empire and the VERY brash upstart and rising team that has the talent and seems to put it together FINALLY....and then that whole 17-0 thing on the other side.....

Why San Diego can win:

Before you forget it again, this team still has the talent to match-up player for player with the Pats, not having Tomlinson at 100% hurts beyond any level of belief... I'm not as worried about the Rivers injury, but I've always been a Billy Volek fan since his Titans days... and San Diego has forced 5 turnovers in 2 playoff games, the Wide Receivers have stepped up in the playoffs, and who knew the answer was NORV of all people (it's still nice to have a likable ex-Cowboy still in the hunt)... not to mention how often do you get a team this GOOD and this LOADED that is totally playing on house money and has NOTHING to lose in this game??

Why New England can win:

They beat 'em once... championship pedigree and experience.... superior coaching staff... superior QB play....

and they've beaten everyone damned else... so why not?? Not to mention this team NEVER makes a mistake in a key situation (case in point they are so polished that when Wes Welker dropped a 3rd and 9 pass that would have iced the game I yelled in the bar HOLY sh!t THEY'RE HUMAN AFTER ALL !???!)

What's gonna happen:

I think we all know the result... and maybe this is me keeping up on giving the Chargers no hope and them shocking the hell out of me and doing something (like they did last week)... but I can't see it... the Chargers season has been a success and that's regardless of result today, this will be a blowout... just to add to the torture of a dead football Sunday!

NY Giants at Packers

Again... not EXACTLY the game that we expected here (no thanks to a Tony Romo collapse in the 4th quarter... there I know some people were waiting on me to comment on this game...but if you want to be a championship QB, and just not the next Danny White who sets all the records, and then folds in the playoffs... you can't be grabbing referees in the clutch because you're getting your brains beat in.... and look... Crayton drops ANOTHER pass.... yeah keep running your mouth fvckface!!)...the Packers were the more expected story, barely breaking a frozen sweat in disposing of a Seattle team that wanted NO PART of the Frozen Tundra....

Why the Giants can win:

Hell they got HERE didn't they?? Pass rush is a key, and if they beat up on the Dallas line, they can beat up on the Packer line.... the running game will be nice, but when have you ever seen a monster running game in weather like this... it HURTS when you get tackled... the ball is harder and easier fumbling time (not to mention if you're a dumbass and not wearing sleeves you can't keep the moisture in and you make the ball MORE slick)... and get Eli a personal heater and drug him so he thinks this game is in Tampa Bay :lol:

Why the Packers can win:

It's fvcking LAMBEAU FIELD in the NFC Title game.... you need any more?? Favre is not going to fold like Romo did (well he would have if this game was in Dallas :rant:... Ryan Grant is the best back on the field... the Packer D is better then it gets credit for... and unlike Dallas, the Packers will attack the bad Giants secondary with Driver and Jennings... not to mention when the weather is scheduled to be frozen zero-degree type temperatures AT NIGHT... knowing the field and being USED TO IT... that's HUGE!!!

What's gonna happen:

Break out the cheeseheads and the Lambeau Leaps... and as much as Eli's come along in the last month... there's no way on this Earth that he's gonna be able to go into the Frozen Tundra and pull this out... if for any other reason then I'm gonna have to go hide and go on exile the next two weeks... SAVE ME BRETT FAVRE .... (sorry... habit!)... realistically... I just can't see it.. not in the coldest game since the Ice Bowl...

anyway.. ENJOY the games... football season comes and goes just too fast!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's gonna happen:

Break out the cheeseheads and the Lambeau Leaps... and as much as Eli's come along in the last month... there's no way on this Earth that he's gonna be able to go into the Frozen Tundra and pull this out... if for any other reason then I'm gonna have to go hide and go on exile the next two weeks... SAVE ME BRETT FAVRE .... (sorry... habit!)... realistically... I just can't see it.. not in the coldest game since the Ice Bowl...

Mighty my ass, but hey... yeah keep blowing it out of proportion... you happened to be there to pick up on another team's collapse :P

it's funny ... didn't I say "hell they got THIS far" in the why they can win part??

It's amazing how the Colts get a total free pass from THEIR collapse thank to all this :rant:

Rivers should go psycho on Chambers on the sideline for that INT, he cost the team seven points. I've never seen a receiver half-ass it like that when he had position on the ball :blink:

But you're not going to beat NE when you get inside the ten twice (once off a turnover) and get two FG's. You have to score at least 27 points and hope your D comes to play.

It would serve Coughlin right, he played those last two plays not to lose. Eli was throwing the ball like Tom Brady, go for the TD with 40 seconds left. Or at least give it to Bradshaw and Jacobs some more. Why leave the game in the hands of your worst player (Tynes)? At a range he'd already missed from? That was Herm-Marty-whatever conservative coach you want to name football.

And on top of it he yelled at the kicker after his first miss when he knew he might need him later, maybe he was only saying come on but it just looks bad if nothing else.

I was gonna write I still don't trust Favre cause he looks like he's in one of his gunslinger modes and voila another INT. Coughlin might get away with it yet.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm shocked Tynes made that one, I thought they should have gone for it on fourth down. Then again I'm surprised the Packers didn't use another timeout to ice the kicker, bad coaching all around but the Giants team deserved it. 10-1 on the road in the NFL is far more impressive than the Devils' similar road record in '95.

That game BELONGED to the Giant defence.

Manning played well too, but it was Farve's inability to mount any offense in the 2nd half that was the game breaker.

BTW - RE: Patriots. What I really like about the Patriots is that it's a different hero each and every week. This week was Faulk and Maroney.

This game will be one of those replayed on those ESPN NFL Classic Games for years, and also known as Eli's coming out party the way the drive in Cleveland was John Elway's coming out party.

It's nuclear winter for a Jet fan though - our team hopeless again and Giants and the Patriots in the SB :puke:

Edited by Hasan4978