NFL Week 17...

CRASHER

say what u want but it is prettyremarkable that at 10-6, the giants missed the playoffs

....it's only remarkable because it's the NFC.. where @ 7-9, you can dream about hoisting up Lombardi.

2 years ago when the 11-5 Patriots missed the postseason, nobody said sh!t.

• Like 1

....it's only remarkable because it's the NFC.. where @ 7-9, you can dream about hoisting up Lombardi.

2 years ago when the 11-5 Patriots missed the postseason, nobody said sh!t.

That was a pretty big deal actually...they were only the second team in NFL history to do that.

Biggest killer was that they lost all of the wrong games in a strong AFC...they went only 7-5 in the conference and came up short in all of the important tiebreakers.

Yeah 10-6 teams miss the postseason frequently, but I didn't see Giant fans throwing it back when they made it at 8-8 a few years ago :P

I find it amusing that three of the four road teams have better records than the hosts next week and the other game both teams have an even record (actually the Packers would finish ahead of the Eagles if they were in a tiebreak since they did beat them at Philly in Week 1).

just saw favres post game. looks liek its 4 real this time. he done

...FAVRE: October 27th, 1991 - January 2nd 2011

Favre.jpg

Nearly 300 consecutive games played.. over 500 touchdown's.. 71,000 yards.. 200 wins.. 11x ProBowler.. 3x MVP.. 1x Superbowl.. legend!

.......one of the games all-time greats. Thanks for the memories Brett. You will surely be missed. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Wow.....so the Rams go all season playing over their head and now in the very last game with the football world watching the Rams show that the supporting cast around Bradford is truly the sweaty bag of balls we all thought they were back in September......oh IRONY.....

I got my 7-9 team in..... but it doesn't feel as joyous as I expected.......

This might be the funniest thing of all about Seattle winning...for the privilege of losing their tenth game by 15+ points next week they go from drafting 8th to drafting 21st :blink::rofl:

:rofl:

oh irony!!!

In the long run it would have been better for the Rams to make the playoffs, but oh well

God that was an AWFUL game.....

:rofl:

oh irony!!!

In the long run it would have been better for the Rams to make the playoffs, but oh well

God that was an AWFUL game.....

Last night was basically a playoff game anyway. The Rams'll be fine, they just need one legit NFL receiver (and Clayton getting healthy) and they can lap the field in the division, unless the Niners luck into getting an NFL QB.

Last night was basically a playoff game anyway. The Rams'll be fine, they just need one legit NFL receiver (and Clayton getting healthy) and they can lap the field in the division, unless the Niners luck into getting an NFL QB.

Well they had a couple of guys who ended up on IR who early on were good for them.... Avery and Mark Clayton to name two.... they should be better when they get the bodies back.... it's gonna be hard to imagine the Niners NOT getting a better QB (I'd like to say Alex Smith showed something but that was Arizona he beat up on)

Kolb, McNabb, Kitna, Shaun Hill.....even one of the Raider guys.... there's some decent stop-gap guys out there even.....

Well they had a couple of guys who ended up on IR who early on were good for them.... Avery and Mark Clayton to name two.... they should be better when they get the bodies back.... it's gonna be hard to imagine the Niners NOT getting a better QB (I'd like to say Alex Smith showed something but that was Arizona he beat up on)

Kolb, McNabb, Kitna, Shaun Hill.....even one of the Raider guys.... there's some decent stop-gap guys out there even.....

Avery's about as tough as glass. This is the second year he's been on IR inside of the first few weeks IIRC, he shouldn't be in their long-term plans.

re: Niners QB, I actually think they might draft one, but if they don't they're probably in on the stopgap peoples. I still think McNabb is going to Arizona if he gets cut/traded, and Kolb will go to Minnesota vis-a-vie Joe Webb (is there a more perfect Vick backup?) + pick in a trade. This, of course, assumes that Vick extends for big money in an Eagles uni. Kitna and Hill will have problems pulling a legit starting job.

They had Shaun Hill once, it'd be amusing if they begged him to come back :lol: Kitna's fine but isn't he like Marty's age (38)? McNabb looked awful away from Andy Reid, Kolb's the guy from that list I'd go for but even he didn't look all that hot when he did play.

They'd have been a playoff team with Hill.... oh irony :lol:

I think Kitna would be a 1-2 year stop gap guy you put out there to let your top draft pick get ready and learn from a capable pro.....

Kolb actually looked good mid-season when he filled in when Puppy Power had his rib injury.......

Also another guy to put on the list.... my boy Kyle Orton!!!

We need a wild card playoffs thread. C'mon Crash, only 4 games this week.

Chill out....I'm sitting down to write it NOW...over lunch....and I'm adding in my year-end awards too!

Whenever I sit down to eat I get hammered with work calls and then I get busied up through the next day :P

The whole thing is written except for the Ravens/Chiefs game which I am still mulling some things, it will be posted at sometime today!

The whole thing is written except for the Ravens/Chiefs game which I am still mulling some things, it will be posted at sometime today!

Remember to write about the quality of our WR corps: Boldin (51 career TD's) , TJ (43 TD's), Mason (66 TD's) and Stallworth (32 TD's).

And Ray Rice and Ray Lewis!!!!

Looking forward to your knowledge of the game.

Overrated WR's....check

Running Back burned out by idiot college coach...check

Old, aging defense that thrives on reputation...check!

The Ravens part is easy, just a matter of getting to my laptop!

Overrated WR's....check

Running Back burned out by idiot college coach...check

Old, aging defense that thrives on reputation...check!

The Ravens part is easy, just a matter of getting to my laptop!

Wow. No need to write it up, clearly KC is just going to blow away such a pop-gun offense with overrated WR's, burned out RB, and shell of a defense.

Not even sure if we could beat Seattle based on your pinpoint assessment.

On the other hand, the Chiefs are a young team, with spotty WRs...a QB who's good for them but nowhere close to elite, young unproven defense...but has you beat in the OC and the DC match-up....its gonna come down to if they can run the ball on ya, and if they can stop the run

I am leaning to think kc can not stop the run

On the other hand, the Chiefs are a young team, with spotty WRs...a QB who's good for them but nowhere close to elite, young unproven defense...but has you beat in the OC and the DC match-up....its gonna come down to if they can run the ball on ya, and if they can stop the run

I am leaning to think kc can not stop the run

But we have no running game. Ray Rice is burned out from Rutgers!!!!