Langenbrunner Just scored for Dallas

msweet

on a layup on a beautiful pass from Richards

His smirk really irritates me

I am glad to see his low-class act gone

It's not rocket science to figure out that since Mac was fired, Lemaire hired, and Langs gone, the team has played considerably better.

This team had a locker room issue, and it is evidenced by the Devils play of late. Also, you can see that Lemaire has "fire" in his eyes, as evidenced when he called time-out against the Isles after their two quick goals and his bench talk was not all that "friendly"...

I hope Lemaire is back next year!

Langenbrunner's performance this year is on Lou and management. He should have been let go in the offseason (possibly for a greater return) after that pathetic showing last year with the C on his chest.

Thanks for 2003, k bai.

I would have been happy if they just waved his ass as soon as the season was over. I guess it worked out that we get a pick now but at what cost? I'm with NJDevs4978 in thinking the season could have looked much different without him this year.

Good for Langenbrunner. Glad he is doing well and fitting in. Langenbrunner is a good player, Dallas definitley won on this trade.

And what if that draft pick we got turns into a Patrik Elias (who was also a 2nd round pick)..... I get you have the blind man-crush and all... but can we see what player we get for the pick before you blindly claim this a loss???

Not to mention this Devils TEAM looks like one since the trade went down.... go figure... even your boy Kovalchuk is scoring B )

Are you a retard?

Langenbrunner gave us many good years and was a good leader. I feel bad that his 1k game wasnt in NJ, but I wish him success in Dallas. Good for him.

Exactly. Just because he left NJ means that he has to have a sh!tty end to his career? :rolleyes: Good for Jamie. I wish him the best down in Dallas.

If Lemaire hadn't fake quit or been secret fired last year, I bet Langenbrunner agrees to waive that NTC in the offseason. With the combination of the two, this season could have had a very different outcome.

If Lemaire hadn't fake quit or been secret fired last year, I bet Langenbrunner agrees to waive that NTC in the offseason. With the combination of the two, this season could have had a very different outcome.

Langenbrunner wasn't the only person who wasn't thrilled with Lemaire. This season could have had a very different outcome, but with how horrendous Brodeur played, I don't think it would've ended in a playoff berth. One thing being overlooked with this nice winning streak is that the Devils still gave up 10 goals in the last 4 games.

Edited by Triumph

Oh no doubt. I think the injuries killed us more than anything, but it does make you wonder. Like I said, even if the last 10+ games don't show it by the final score, this is a much different team on the ice than it was in late November. I think Lemaire needed some time to pull them out of the funk that MacLean left them in.

Still, makes you wonder.

I hated the Lemaire hire when it was made and I didn't want to fire him last year if it meant bringing in MacLean. Rookie coach + team made up of mostly salty vets with built-in locker room issues = recipe for disaster.

Are you a retard?

Langenbrunner gave us many good years and was a good leader. I feel bad that his 1k game wasnt in NJ, but I wish him success in Dallas. Good for him.

Blow-J, can you explain what the word "retard" means?.... I don't understand your usage.

I'm guessing that you disagree with my opinion on Langebrunner and I am really hoping that it isn't a personal attack, because that kind of stuff gets you suspended here.

I dont get why someone would be upset over a, now ex-devil's career. Not to mention Langs is bigger in Dallas (pun not intended) then he was up here in NJ. He is a skilled player but he just didnt offer what was needed in the last year or two here. Thats fine and he should be able to go else where and prosper with his career. You guys shouldnt be sour about him at all. You shouldnt be sour about any other player that was once a Devil. Moving to a different team is part of the business. You cant judge someone just because they left NJ. He apparently has chemistry forming down there with his line mates which is great to see. Its nice to see someone jump ship intime.

Do the right thing here and be happy for the guy. Its the least you can do as a Devils fan for everything he gave us in the past.

Do the right thing here and be happy for the guy. Its the least you can do as a Devils fan for everything he gave us in the past.

Sure, I feel that way about players who leave on a good note, which is almost all of them. I don't feel that way about players who I think pouted for a year and acted like a baby before they left.

I dont get why someone would be upset over a, now ex-devil's career. Not to mention Langs is bigger in Dallas (pun not intended) then he was up here in NJ. He is a skilled player but he just didnt offer what was needed in the last year or two here. Thats fine and he should be able to go else where and prosper with his career. You guys shouldnt be sour about him at all. You shouldnt be sour about any other player that was once a Devil. Moving to a different team is part of the business. You cant judge someone just because they left NJ. He apparently has chemistry forming down there with his line mates which is great to see. Its nice to see someone jump ship intime.

I am sorry but I am not a hockey fan that is all about "feel-good"

I bleed Devils' red and when a player dogs-it or has a bad attitude and he is the captain no less...well good riddance... I don't hope he does well on any other team not named the Devils...fvck all other teams not named NJD....fvck all other players not in NJD uniforms.

• Like 2

I am sorry but I am not a hockey fan that is all about "feel-good"

I bleed Devils' red and when a player dogs-it or has a bad attitude and he is the captain no less...well good riddance... I don't hope he does well on any other team not named the Devils...fvck all other teams not named NJD....fvck all other players not in NJD uniforms.

Thats cold man. :lol: To each their own I guess. :thumbsup:

Edited by Quinn01

You're missing the point. The anti-Langenbrunner people are not angry at him for leaving. He got traded, so that wouldn't even really make sense. They are angry at him for quitting on the team last year and spreading his bad attitude throughout the locker room. Yeah he had some good seasons here and I'm sure everyone appreciates that. But as captain he never led us to any playoff success (before you say it, I know it's a team game, but after three straight first-round flops, it's worth mentioning) and he wrote his ticket off the team with his terrible play and demeanor in 2010.

while i do appreciate everything jamie did for this team, especially '03, it's very hard for me to forget that our captain decided his beef with the coach was more important to him than winning, or even being a leader to this team, during the playoffs, when they would have needed him most.

i didn't know this and i was surprised to find out that jamie did not waive his nmc. did he ever give a reason? he had to know if lou came to him with this that it might be in his best interest to look around. unless lou gave him a list of interested teams and he didn't like any of them.

i don't know if he's kidding or not, but i like what msweet wrote and pretty much agree with it. i tend to root for the sweater over the player except for a rare few exceptions. jamie was never one of those exceptions to me.

You're missing the point. The anti-Langenbrunner people are not angry at him for leaving. He got traded, so that wouldn't even really make sense. They are angry at him for quitting on the team last year and spreading his bad attitude throughout the locker room. Yeah he had some good seasons here and I'm sure everyone appreciates that. But as captain he never led us to any playoff success (before you say it, I know it's a team game, but after three straight first-round flops, it's worth mentioning) and he wrote his ticket off the team with his terrible play and demeanor in 2010.

Your right. I wont disagree with that. Sure he was the Captain, but at the same time it wasnt just him that gave up. It means more that he gave up, he is the last one that should have given up as captain but the whole team gave up. He could only do so much as one play before he himself said fvck this. He just wasnt the right fit. There isnt anything wrong with that. Perhaps he just isnt Captain material. Who knows....

Personally, its just hard for me to be so negative about a player that gave alot back for a while there. His last 2 years here were not the greatest. Ill give you that. I still dont wish sh!t upon him in Dallas. He was never an out and out dickhead like other players seem to be. He just didnt have the right positive attitude as a Captain should. But again....who knows? He could have been having personal problems and who ever says they should leave their personal life off the ice is dumb. Its not possible.

i tend to root for the sweater over the player except for a rare few exceptions. jamie was never one of those exceptions to me.

That makes more sense to me.

Edited by Quinn01

Oh no doubt. I think the injuries killed us more than anything, but it does make you wonder. Like I said, even if the last 10+ games don't show it by the final score, this is a much different team on the ice than it was in late November. I think Lemaire needed some time to pull them out of the funk that MacLean left them in.

Still, makes you wonder.

I hated the Lemaire hire when it was made and I didn't want to fire him last year if it meant bringing in MacLean. Rookie coach + team made up of mostly salty vets with built-in locker room issues = recipe for disaster.

Yeah all we have this season are what ifs but if we ever did start out better to where we were at least still in the race and snuck in the playoffs we'd be this year's Flyers, the team nobody wanted to play with Zach coming back right around playoff time.

I don't entirely disagree with Tri about Brodeur but I think part of why he was so bad early was just shellshock from how unstructured we were as a team (and the other part was his injury).