Langenbrunner Just scored for Dallas

msweet

DEATH TO LAGS!!!! (in my most sarcastic voice possible) My memories of him will always be tainted from the last year or so when he pouted and the team seemingly fell apart under his captaincy. I wish him no ill will. I am glad we washed our hands of him, and I really do not care what he does or doesn't do in Dallas.....

I'm sorry, I know you're a mod, but you got a lot of balls.

You start a caustic thread calling a former Devils player a "LOWLIFE", with no other apparent content other than to bash the guy

I started a caustic thread for a caustic season of play by our salary-cap-max Devils, starting with our fearless captain... I am well within my rights as a poster (not a mod) to do that... this is what the board is for... to serve as a place for those of us that bleed Devils' red to vent sometimes. As mod I sometimes start topics during slower periods to generate some "enthusiasm" for posting.

..... and then you hide behind the hammer and chastise those who get upset and want to call you out for leading this pointless charge?

People talk about agendas here .... I mean where did you honestly expect this to go?

There's something wrong with that.

I am not hiding behind any hammer.... if you disagree with my opinion on Langenbrunner then fine.. that is your right... make any argument against my argument you want.. that is what the board is for... However this poster disagreed with me and the first words off his keyboard was calling me a "retard" simply for having a different opinion than him. The threat of the "hammer" was for that remark.. not disagreeing with me... and you should all be jumping to my defense over the personal attack... which I do not allow on this board towards anyone.

(on a side note, who posts on a forum and calls a mod a "retard"?...no too clever... try it on another forum and see what happens)

And if you read this thread a significant amount of the posters here agree with me.

"Retard" is actually a derogatory term. Retarded was used to define someone who had a mental disability. The it was taken out of it's context as a means of calling someone stupid. By it's very definition retarded implies that something is wrong with you. I'm not being PC, but being in the Special Education field I find it needless to use that term. Just my two cents.

Nope. If it's one guy, maybe you have a point. When its the whole team that tunes out the coach, it's a much bigger issue.

Langs was just the scapegoat.

If you're gonna keep calling a guy the team tried to trade in the summer and couldn't wait until the deadline to get rid of a scapegoat, I'm gonna keep updating my favorite meaningless stat:

The 2010-11 Devils With Jamie Langenbrunner

6-23-2 record, 53 GF (1.71 per game), 108 GA (3.48 per game)

The 2010-11 Devils Without Jamie Langenbrunner

7-6-1 record, 37 GF (2.64 per game), 32 GA (2.29 per game)

Nope. If it's one guy, maybe you have a point. When its the whole team that tunes out the coach, it's a much bigger issue.

Langs was just the scapegoat.

But when the main ringleader of the mutiny is the captain naturally it's going to lead to others acting in the same douchey way. And he sure wasn't doing anything this year under MacLean on or off the ice to help the cause.

And for whatever communication or system issues Lemaire had last year, the man's been coaching for almost two decades in the NHL with a Stanley Cup for this organization. If they can't respect him they're not going to respect anyone and you especially can't tolerate a captain pulling that crap with a HOF'er and long-time coach.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have no hard feelings towards Jamie. I'll always hate that he had trouble getting excited for the playoffs last year, but judging by the Devils' performance, it's not like he was the only one...likely the only one to admit it publicly. Sucks that things ended the way they did over this past year, but sometimes they don't end pretty, and that goes for both "good" and "bad" people...Jamie doesn't strike me as a dick, but I've never met him. I don't have the luxury of knowing every last thing that went on with Jamie last season and this one. What was clear is that it was time to move on for both parties, and both have.

And so have I...if he does well in Dallas, good for him, if he doesn't, oh well. I'm not checking out what he's doing in Dallas on a game in/game out basis, especially now that the Devils are showing a little life. I have my good memories of him, and the knowledge that he had his most productive seasons here, so that's enough for me. The only thing related to Jamie that concerns me anymore is what the Devils do with the draft pick they acquired for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If you're gonna keep calling a guy the team tried to trade in the summer and couldn't wait until the deadline to get rid of a scapegoat, I'm gonna keep updating my favorite meaningless stat:

The 2010-11 Devils With Jamie Langenbrunner

6-23-2 record, 53 GF (1.71 per game), 108 GA (3.48 per game)

The 2010-11 Devils Without Jamie Langenbrunner

7-6-1 record, 37 GF (2.64 per game), 32 GA (2.29 per game)

Again, this is meaningless as other teams now see us as no threat so they play their back-ups and rest their starting goalies for competitive teams.

I don't know MantaRay, if I had the choice to read your posts or smell my own farts all day I'd always choose my own farts.

I am starting to think you would do this regardless these days.

I'm not checking out what he's doing in Dallas on a game in/game out basis, especially now that the Devils are showing a little life. I have my good memories of him, and the knowledge that he had his most productive seasons here, so that's enough for me. The only thing related to Jamie that concerns me anymore is what the Devils do with the draft pick they acquired for him.

Since Langenbrunner started playing for Dallas they are:

4-0

15 GF/ 4 GA

Again, this is meaningless as other teams now see us as no threat so they play their back-ups and rest their starting goalies for competitive teams.

Just like the other time this came up, you fail to address the fact that the Devils were brutal against backups while Jamie was here.

Just like the other time this came up, you fail to address the fact that the Devils were brutal against backups while Jamie was here.

And we destroyed Roloson and beat Boucher with our own backup yesterday, so it ain't just about who the other team's playing.

What does that have to do with the fact that he may have had a poor attitude and a negative effect on OUR team?

Nothing. I kind of expect him to turn it around in Dallas as a player and he's not going to be as big of an influence as a leader over there, of course if he does pick up his play significantly it'll prove all the more that he was jaking it here.

Edited by NJDevs4978