DEVILS SUPPORTERS SECTION - August 16th - come name the section and p

Satans Hockey

There are two systems back to back that could affect the area. One is on Sunday, the other is a couple days after that. I know what the news probably says, which is nothing. However, if this storm does come to fruition then we could be looking at conditions similar to the last storm. There's many things going into this which is why I don't want to even really consider the possibility of snow on Sunday, but it's worth throwing it out there now so we can think about what we'll do in case we do get snow. And yes, I posted the wrong link. That one shows a storm for the 12th, I mean to post the one for the 8th.

Edited by hurricane1091

I believe SatansHockey has us at around 143 tickets sold so far...I just ask that everyone participates as much as possible and wears red if they are able to.

We should also put together another list of cheers.. 1 or 2 new ones (that are easy to remember and easy for other fans to hear) would be fantastic

If you did a "Jersey's team" chant I think JVB would come up there mid game and give you all a hug lol

Edited by Colin226

We should also put together another list of cheers.. 1 or 2 new ones (that are easy to remember and easy for other fans to hear) would be fantastic

What are those 1 or 2 new chants? I'm not that creative lol

that devils *clap clap clap* one worked pretty well last time and I think if we do attackkkkk attackkkk attackkkk that might work on the powerplay, kinda done in the same way the kill chant is done for the pk.

Edited by Satans Hockey

What are those 1 or 2 new chants? I'm not that creative lol

that devils *clap clap clap* one worked pretty well last time and I think if we do attackkkkk attackkkk attackkkk that might work on the powerplay, kinda done in the same way the kill chant is done for the pk.

Well you could do

Jersey's Team *clap *clap *clap

but beyond that I can't think of anything off the top of my head.. I will say that the team's marketing guy told me they are excited about the section, and he said they really want the Jersey's Team thing to resonate with fans so cheering it would cause them to feel very positively about the section..

Maybe if I become a Devils Army General and I'm working for the team I can take over setting this up in the future

Just to avoid some confusion, there are going to be NY Red Bulls fans at the Devils-Flyers game tomorrow, standing and singing their own songs. They are having a Red Bulls fans night out and they wanna show everyone what they do at Red Bulls games. I don't have a problem with what they are doing but I just wanted to make it clear that I have nothing to do with what they are doing so people don't think they missed a game that we were doing.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Just to avoid some confusion, there are going to be NY Red Bulls fans at the Devils-Flyers game tomorrow, standing and singing their own songs. They are having a Red Bulls fans night out and they wanna show everyone what they do at Red Bulls games. I don't have a problem with what they are doing but I just wanted to make it clear that I have nothing to do with what they are doing so people don't think they missed a game that we were doing.

I'll be there with them, but I'll be in my Devils gear (I think I'll go with my Zajac jersey tomorrow.) Come say hi if ya see me.

Hey All,

I have season tix in row 1 of 106 on the end by 107. I can't go to the game Sunday due to family obligations. If anyone is looking for tix to this game in this supporter area and wants row 1 seats, PM me! I'm looking for $80 for the pair to not lose money or B/O. I can email tix to you or you can get them from me tomorrow if you happen to be going to the Flyers game since i'm going.

Bill

New York Red Bulls fans are going to be doing their own chants at tomorrow's Devils game at The Rock?

Will they be cheering for the New Jersey Devils too? Or is their goal just to get more people to become NY Red Bull fans?

Honestly, I don't know the members of this particular group that well, but I think their purpose is to a.) just have a fun night out during the (MLS) offseason, b.) show off the energy that they always bring to the soccer games at Red Bull Arena, and c.) they hate Philadelphia, so it's no coincidence that they're coming to a Devils-Flyers game... they'll be thrilled to drone out any Flyers fans that show up in the building. They're probably mostly doing Red Bulls chants, but I'm pretty sure they'll be cheering when the Devils score and stuff like that. It should be interesting.

No offense intended, but when our FRANCHISE GOALIE is in the net and stops a puck or two, we'll chant for him. He hasn't exactly given many reasons to be chanted for.

Plus, give the fans some slack - it's not often a player comes in with a widely-known nickname already. Hedberg would be seeing the same Moose chants no matter where he signed and who the team's other goalie was.

Me, my girlfriend, mom, dad, step mom and brother are all going to pick up the $20 supporters section tickets tomorrow... so 6 of us in total.. can someone e-mail me and my g/f the chants please? Her username is lauriewithabeat.

Thanks, we'll see you all there! I'll be wearing a white blank official CCM Devils jersey (from continental arena days) and my g/f will be in her now signed red Zajac t-shirt! Come introduce yourselves to us Sunday night~

Edited by Diablo2424

Honestly, I don't know the members of this particular group that well, but I think their purpose is to a.) just have a fun night out during the (MLS) offseason, b.) show off the energy that they always bring to the soccer games at Red Bull Arena, and c.) they hate Philadelphia, so it's no coincidence that they're coming to a Devils-Flyers game... they'll be thrilled to drone out any Flyers fans that show up in the building. They're probably mostly doing Red Bulls chants, but I'm pretty sure they'll be cheering when the Devils score and stuff like that. It should be interesting.

This group got some recognition on 660 tonight. It was mentioned they had brought some drums to the game, and then it was explained who they were and whatnot.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the chanting and stuff that this group was talking about, but I posted this on another forum:

"Yup, I'm eating crow. 2 big thumbs up to the Red Bulls section last night. I thought it was fantastic. If the Supporters section can be like that with the buzz going the ENTIRE game, I can see it spreading around the Rock.

The drums definitely helped."

I thought that group was great!

Just my two cents but I think tonight was a good example that songs won't be able to spread out through the arena. I was on the other side of the arena from them and I couldn't make out what they were singing (I only knew what they were singing cause I attend the Red Bulls games too and I know the drum beats.) The songs seem to really limit themselves to that section only.

I think we are better of just sticking with easy chants and stuff like that so people in the rest of the arena will actually join along as well. Like we are going to follow 208s kill chant and try to join in with 232s chants as well. The idea is to get as many people in the arena involved as possible.

Glad to see we got a pretty positive reaction. I was in the section and didn't plan anything but I think it was just an experiment to see if we could work some of our style tifo into the game. Last night was a bunch of people from different clubs and we just did the Red Bulls chants but changed them to Devils.

It is a little weird with the whole crowd not knowing the songs. Without a designated set of supporters sections it would be hard to keep it organized like it is at RBA.

I just called the Devils to double check everything for Sunday. Looks like we have around 170 tickets sold. One thing I was told though was they aren't going to allow a drum to be brought in anymore. I know at least one person was trying to bring one for Sunday but I was told there were a lot of complaints about the Red Bulls fans drum last night so if anyone does try to bring one they aren't going to allow you to get it in.

Edited by Satans Hockey

For anyone who commented about the drum, I just got off the phone with the Devils and they aren't going to allow a drum in anymore. I was told there were a lot of complaints about the Red Bulls fans drum last night so if anyone does try to bring one they aren't going to allow you to get it in.

Too bad, I thought the drum was cool....but then again I was half the arena away, sitting next to it may feel worse.