Embarassing.....

CMaGee

Not because of the sellout. I expected it not to be, but was disapointed. We are a small fanbase, and a fickle one as well. The real issue is the fact they handed out thunderstix at the gate. It is not only annoying, but very childish thing. Bring back the towels or even the pom-poms. Anything but the dreaded "cheerstix."

When I first saw everyone with those damn things on TV before the the opening faceoff, I knew CAA was in for trouble; thundersticks are HORRIBLE!!!

Towels are great, I've always loved them. I agree, the whiteout was cool too, but they couldn't just keep on giving out t-shirts every night.

The noisemakers are a fad.

A fad that quickly spread from baseball to basketball and now, to hockey.

But like all fads, its time will pass.

In the meantime, be patient.

Correction SBT, the thundersticks were first introduced at the 1999 Womens World Cup in Giants stadium. And they were annoying back then. I don't know what was worse the thundersticks or 70 some odd thousand pre-teen girls screaming for NSYNC in the pregame. But the fight between the mexicans and brazilians was cool. Back to the original topic, Lou you say you like tradition stay with the towels or pom poms.

Towels seem to be the best but what else can they use, any ideas? Other teams have anything good? Maybe I will bring my airhorn tomorrow :uni: It's ready for Shields as he walks by......

chinese poppers!

you know the things you throw on the ground and go POP!

...actually that would be so terrible

Perhaps the thunderstix should come with instructions of when to use them or a license. :lol:

As annoying as they were they weren't as annoying as the guy behind me yelling "Let's Go Devils" every two seconds for at least 10 minutes of the third. Most of it was during Bruins possession in the neutral zone. Again timing is everything. :rolleyes:

Rock- at least you don't sit near people who keep yelling: "hit 'em" the second the other team gets the puck (especially on the PP); "give it up (insert name of other goalie here)" every time the devs get the puck (even if they're standing behind their own net at the time); and, my personal favorite, "booooo" everytime the other team enters, leaves, or scores (as if they can hear them from the upper level). :rolleyes:

These yutzes were more annoying with the thundersticks than the three kids behind me were. At least the dad of the kids noticed I was shuddering everytime one of them banged those sticks during the middle of play for no reason and told the kids they could only do it when something was going on like a song or goal or cheer.

I think I'll take one of my old towels with me tonight.

The playoff atmosphere at CAA is usually what's embarassing.

Granted, I have only been to one playoff game, and the atmosphere was electric.. Game 2, ECQF, 2000, but this was after the Worrell/Niedermayer incident.. building was ready for playoff hockey.

The type of game the Devils play isn't one you can cheer. I mean honestly, how much was there to cheer about in the third other than some forechecking and the odd shot on goal?

The "hit him" people always crack me up. Do these people ever watch hockey? I mean, honestly.

I like the thunderstick's. The towels are okay also, but i usually get hit in the eye from the kid's that sit around me. I also have a fan that sit's near me who constantly yell's out the most annoying comment's. it make's you wonder if he's actually watching the same game. he know's nothing about the game of hockey. He's yelling for the devils to shoot as soon as a player has the puck on his stick, even when it is clear that the player doesn't even have an open shot. his favorite thing is to yell "penalty shot", he want's a penalty shot everytime a Devils is knocked down. The guy is annoying, and i'm glad that i'm not the only here who has someone like this around them.