Devils vs Rags 1/26/14 - Yankee Stadium - Official!

ghdi

They also sent out a notice to sth's in the renewal package about getting back a credit for games not played at the Rock. So you'll get back the $35 (this year in 120) or whatever a normal Ranger home game will be next year in your section with premier prices and get to put it towards the Winter Classic ticket purchase if you wish.

Edited by NJDevs4978

They also sent out a notice to sth's in the renewal package about getting back a credit for games not played at the Rock. So you'll get back the $35 (this year in 120) or whatever a normal Ranger home game will be next year in your section with premier prices and get to put it towards the Winter Classic ticket purchase if you wish.

Well, that would cover it then. Either take the money back or pay the extra to see the game. Fair enough.

What are you talking about?  The SuperBowl next year is on Feb 2nd, which is exactly 1 week after the outdoor game on the 26th.  They also need time to prep Metlife for the Superbowl as well as rehearsals for the pre-game and halftime shows.

Rags fans will still have more than 50% of the stadium.  Even at their worst last year during the playoffs, there were more Rags fans coming to the Rock last year than Devils fans going to MSG.

Not sure you can make that clear connection just because less Devils fans go to MSG. MSG's had a high season ticket and corporate account network for decades. Singles on StubHub go for $120+ for regular season, it's no surprise why Devils fans won't bother going out of their way to go to MSG. I mean, even Rangers fans can't afford it and you see a lot of them at Devils games on nights where Rangers are playing at MSG simultaneously lol...

If Devils have an allotment of 50% of the capacity's tickets, I can't really think of any reason why they wouldn't be able to get Devils fans into those seats. It's not like these tickets will be up on Ticketmaster as a free-for-all, they'll be able to sell exclusively to Devils fans/STH, so the size/demand of the Rangers fanbase will be irrelevant.

Casual fans would love to go until they hear/see the prices for this...

Plenty of casual fans were filling our building up during the playoffs. Massive media hype can do some mysterious things to get people to come out of the woodwork for an event like that.

Bingo.  That notice, sent with your STH renewal, is likely enough for them to get around the lawsuits brought against the Flyers.  They provided everyone with 3 options, including a full refund of the amount of your season ticket, so you really can't complain that they are being unfair.  I would expect prices to be a little more than double what they are for home games at the Rock, but less than the $300+ most people have to pay to attend the Winter Classic (unless of course you are sitting in Club Seats now and are looking for equivalent tickets at Yankee Stadium).  I doubt they will require us to buy tickets to things like the Alumni game, etc., but you never know.

Yeah, I'd be pretty shocked if I get into this game for the same price as my regular seat at the Rock. (Although if that's how they make it work, I certainly won't complain.)

I'm not sure exactly how much more I'm willing to pay, but as has been pointed out a) it is very likely to be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and b) I did save more-or-less a half-season's worth of ticket money this year.

Probably the bigger problem will be convincing my wife to sit out in the cold all that time....

I was thinking that too, but still. If they release a pricing schedule and claim it as one thing, then charge you more, that's still breach of contract. You signed a contract to buy X tickets at $X/ticket, even if you never signed anything, just by buying it, you've entered a contract. If they don't give you that amount of tickets for that price, it's violating your contract with them. Again, unless there's a provision in there covering this.

I did not see any such notice in my account when I renewed online....

I did not see any such notice in my account when I renewed online....

It came in the mail package.  Even if you renewed online you still should have gotten the 'hard copy' in one of those white envelopes.  I believe this is what it was (saw it posted elsewhere since I didn't keep it):

In the event that the National Hockey League selects the New Jersey Devils to participate in a regular-season game(s) to take place at a venue other than the Prudential Center, season ticket holders ("STH") will have the option to:

1. Receive a full refund equal to the amount of the ticket purchased for the game originally scheduled at the Prudential Center (the "original Ticket")

2. Receive a Season Ticket Holder account credit in the amount equal to the original Ticket purchase price.

3. Credit the amount equal to the Original Ticket price purchase price toward the ticket price of the newly scheduled game played at an alternative venue (the "Event Ticket").

-In the event that the original Ticket price is less than the Event Ticket price, Season Ticket Holder will be required to pay the difference.

-In the event that the Original Ticket price is more than the Event Ticket price, Season Ticket Holder shall, at its discretion, receive a Season Ticket Holder account credit, or refund, in the amount of the difference.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Lou didn't have anything to do with this. This and getting the draft as hosts were by Vanderbeek and the NHL together.

you are 100% wrong regarding this outdoor game. the reason the rangers haven't had it at yankee stadium before this was SPECIFICALLY because of Lou. The Yankees would not give them the stadium if the Devils weren't in it.

that created problems from two angles - 1) The Islanders and 2) When it was just one game, the league would not want a regional matchup.

Pretty sure winter classic tickets haven't been sent out to season ticket holders before unless pricing and seat location is done super early. Keep in mind whatever you're paying now expect a hefty hike for this game. They will probably credit you then charge you whatever is left over. At least that is what would make sense since we already paid for 44 games. I know there is no chance in hell that they will let me pay $18 for this game. Probably times that by a lot.

Yeah, I'm sure the ticket prices for this outdoor game will be significantly higher than the prices our season ticket holders are paying, but our season ticket holders will still be getting a heck of a deal by paying face value instead of secondary market prices, which will be through the roof.

I don't know why my rep would say otherwise then. Then again he said that the event was yet to be confirmed by the NHL and seemed shocked when I said that it was. I must have gotten a first year ticket rep.

But wouldn't this count as a regular season game and not an exhibition. Given that a season ticket package is (of course) a package of all the regular season games wouldn't it logically make sense to believe that this game would be included?

There is no way that tickets to this will be "included" with season tickets. We will be refunded for one home game, and then we will be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase that number of seats to the outdoor game should we choose to do so. We are guaranteed seats...but they won't come automatically. We will have to buy them (at face value).

you are 100% wrong regarding this outdoor game. the reason the rangers haven't had it at yankee stadium before this was SPECIFICALLY because of Lou. The Yankees would not give them the stadium if the Devils weren't in it.

that created problems from two angles - 1) The Islanders and 2) When it was just one game, the league would not want a regional matchup.

That and I'm not sure the relationship between JVB and the league office has improved to the point of him not being a pariah anymore.

Wasn't the Pinstripe Bowl the main reason it was not possible for it to be in NY and Yankee Stadium?

Edited by devilsrule33

You definitely should! This is like a once-in-a-Devil-fan's-lifetime experience lol.. Very cool that you're such a big fan from out there!!

Im a huge fan! was there in October hoping the lockout would have ended but alas no :(

wonder if someone would loan me a coach for a couple of nights so i can avoid paying accommodation haha. then its a matter of obtaining a ticket lol.