What was the most influential trade in NJ Devils History?

grcenter47

Most Influential Trade In NJ Devils History?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most influential trade ever done by the NJ Devils?

• Acquiring Ilya Kovalchuk from Atlanta for Oduya, Bergfors, Cormier & First Round Draft Pick
    • Acquiring the First Round Draft Pick from Toronto (Niedermayer) for Kurvers
    • Acquiring Langenbrunner and Nieuwendyk from Dallas for Arnott, McKay, and a First Round Draft Pick
    • Acquiring Jason Arnott from Edmonton for Bill Guerin and Valeri Zelepukin
    • Acquiring Alexander Mogilny from Vancouver for Denis Pederson and Brendan Morrison
    • Acquiring Neal Broten from Dallas for Corey Millen
    • Acquiring Claude Lemieux from Montreal for Sylvain Turgeon
    • Acquiring Peter Stastny from Quebec for Craig Wolanin & future considerations
    • Acquiring Jeff Friesen and Oleg Tverdovsky & others from Anaheim for Petr Sykora, Mike Commodore & others
    • Acquiring Bobby Holik and Conditional Draft Pick(Jay Pandolfo) from Hartford for Sean Burke and Eric Weinrich
    • Acquiring Stephane Richer and Tom Chorske from Montreal for Kirk Muller and Roland Melanson

We should also thank the Sharks from entering the league in the year that it did. If not for them, we would have had the second pick (instead of the third), with which I think Lou admitted he would have taken Pat Falloon, who was the consensus number 2 player behind Lindros.

I had assumed that influential meant in a good way, since there are so many.

To me getting Holik was a start, but getting Pepe changed the attitude here. The guy hated to lose and it rubbed off on the franchise.

I miss that franchise.

I miss Pepe