Stanley Cup Playoffs are here

redruM

Traditionally, when the playoffs begin, all members of the board remove all Stanley Cup images/banners from their avatars and sigs, either by changing it to something different or creative Photoshopping (Maddog2020, for example, has replaced the Cup in his avatar with a Starbucks cup in the past).

It's a superstition thing, but I think it's kinda fun personally.

Traditionally, when the playoffs begin, all members of the board remove all Stanley Cup images/banners from their avatars and sigs, either by changing it to something different or creative Photoshopping (Maddog2020, for example, has replaced the Cup in his avatar with a Starbucks cup in the past).

It's a superstition thing, but I think it's kinda fun personally.

Actually that wasn't me- I remember someone doing that, but I can't remember who it was. I noticed Sundstrom still has the 2000 Cup ring as his avatar, does that count too, or just strictly Cup images? I was gonna suggest Sundstrom change out his avatar as well. :P

Actually that wasn't me- I remember someone doing that, but I can't remember who it was. I noticed Sundstrom still has the 2000 Cup ring as his avatar, does that count too, or just strictly Cup images? I was gonna suggest Sundstrom change out his avatar as well. :P

Oh wow, I coulda swore that was you. Oh well, hopefully whoever it was does it again this year - always cracks me up.

Oh wow, I coulda swore that was you. Oh well, hopefully whoever it was does it again this year - always cracks me up.

Actually, I think it was mouse. From what I can remember, it was a Starbucks cup photoshopped into the pic of Madden holding up the Cup in 2003.

Does this include the Stanley Cup image the Devils are using as their profile picture on facebook?

554341_3632381127485_1212844979_3573966_543070733_n.jpg

Oh, this isn't something the Devils do. It's something we do here on the boards. However, if someone here were to use that as their avatar or signature here, they may be asked to change it.

Back when the Canes had their AHL affiliate in Albany, I used to visit one of the Canes fan boards occasionally. Their Cup superstition is even stronger; you can't mention the Cup without getting jumped on. When posters there want to reference the Cup, they usually substitute "silver shiny thing" or something to that effect. With that in mind, I have replaced the text mention of the Cup in my signature with "silver shiny thing". :evil:

Oh, this isn't something the Devils do. It's something we do here on the boards. However, if someone here were to use that as their avatar or signature here, they may be asked to change it.

Back when the Canes had their AHL affiliate in Albany, I used to visit one of the Canes fan boards occasionally. Their Cup superstition is even stronger; you can't mention the Cup without getting jumped on. When posters there want to reference the Cup, they usually substitute "silver shiny thing" or something to that effect. With that in mind, I have replaced the text mention of the Cup in my signature with "silver shiny thing". :evil:

That seems very excessive, and I hope no one jumps on anyone for making their own choice. This tradition has gone on during so many brutal playoff losses (basically everything from 2004-2009). With the main NHL tradition (no shaving), our very own goalie has never taken part of it along with a Game 6 OT Stanley Cup winning scorer among others.

Edited by devilsrule33

That is a bit much

I take the Steven's '03 route...

I'm not going to add a Stanley Cup to my avatar or signature just because... but I think it's silly to hide them.

We know what we are playing for. We're playing for the cup.

If we win the Prince of Wales trophy... I'll celebrate it, but I won't be satisfied.

No victory, is victory - until we lift the cup!

No need to bury any images/mention of it, we know why we are here.

since i started here, that's been my avatar - including through 02-03. i only change it at xmas to put the santa hat on it. sorry charlie, it's not changing.

trust me, i have about a dozen other superstitions that should cover us...