GDT: NJD at TBL 7:30PM 1/14/11

Quinn01

It's just me or Kovy's 2nd score was like... a peace of cake? Not a power shot, but something kind of "easy like that"... It was like he could score from anywere, at anytime... so relaxed, smooth... I think he started to believe and forgot about all the pressure. It feels soooooooo good! I wanna see more!!!

Yeah strong game except when he got beaten like a drum on the St. Louis goal :lol:

But hey a +2 tonight, getting that plus-minus closer to -20 :P

Trade Value. All about the trade value.

dare i say this team is FINALLY playing with some offensive confidence, let alone confidence as a whole... a few weeks ago they would never have survived that goal by St. Louis, they would have gotten their stomachs in knots, said "well, here we go again" curled up into balls and waited for the raping to be over.

the first page of this thread has the video clip i had in my head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period. if we win one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak, it has happened before.

we might not be playoff bound, but i could see us somehow finishing .500

• Like 1

Even if it was just about lighting up a cold goalie or a team that wasn't ready for us, getting two wins in a row feels really good. Even if it's circumstantial, some breaks are finally going back our way and we're getting some groove back. Hopefully this translates into confidence for all!

Brody played a VERY good game, I reserve great since he didn't stop St Louis and I didn't see the Stamkos PP goal on him.

But he did make some AMAZING saves. I was watching online and the Homers doing the broadcast were calling for the the one he stopped ON THE LINE to be called a goal because of the one favorable angle from the middle off the ice looked like the puck was in. What concentration and awareness to keep that one out!! And he def held off a pretty good puch during the end of the 2nd and points in the third esp after the St Louis goal and the Lightning had some fire under them.

:clap2: for Marty!!

dare i say this team is FINALLY playing with some offensive confidence, let alone confidence as a whole... a few weeks ago they would never have survived that goal by St. Louis, they would have gotten their stomachs in knots, said "well, here we go again" curled up into balls and waited for the raping to be over.

the first page of this thread has the video clip i had in my head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period. if we win one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak, it has happened before.

we might not be playoff bound, but i could see us somehow finishing .500

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Devils would have to win at a ridiculous clip to finish at .500. I can't even see them playing near .500 hockey the rest of the way.

These two wins feel great, but I think it's pretty much slow and steady for the rest of the year. They're gonna finish with between 50 and 60 losses somewhere.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. The Devils would have to win at a ridiculous clip to finish at .500. I can't even see them playing near .500 hockey the rest of the way.

These two wins feel great, but I think it's pretty much slow and steady for the rest of the year. They're gonna finish with between 50 and 60 losses somewhere.

i don't really have any idea why you'd think this. this is a below .500 team, but not by very much. they're not going to lose 60 games. i can't tell if you're counting OT losses.

Edited by Triumph

i don't really have any idea why you'd think this. this is a below .500 team, but not by very much. they're not going to lose 60 games. i can't tell if you're counting OT losses.

I think 60 games is high, I was just shooting it out off the top of my head there without an in-depth look. But this team likely will not win more than 30 games. I could easily see a 27-50-5 record or around there.

I think 60 games is high, I was just shooting it out off the top of my head there without an in-depth look. But this team likely will not win more than 30 games. I could easily see a 27-50-5 record or around there.

for them to lose 60 games in regulation, they would lose 31 of their remaining 39 games. that's not happening. i could see them going something like 16-18-5 over the rest of the season.

At least Kovy is slowly starting to produce a little offensively...7 G and 7 A for 14 pts in his last 16 GP...definitely better. Maybe it's the beginning of a turnaround for him...we can only hope.