451 replies to this topic

#321 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

I remember at Steiners signing last year there was a dude with several sticks, jerseys, pucks and photos I mean boxes. That night, they were all over ebay. Thats the kind of sh!t that pisses me off. I go to get things signed for my own collection.

Why would that piss you off? The guy paid for the autographs just like you. Why can't he sell them? Besides, chances are, if he had that much stuff, he still hasn't sold all of it yet. I have a small memorabilia business and I can tell you it is not nearly as easy to move the stuff as you might think. A lot of competition and EBay is flooded with so much forged stuff that a lot of people do not trust it. Not easy to sell a legit Marty autograph for $100, when some dirtbag is selling a forgery for $30.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#322 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

Whoever is pricing these signings can shove it up their ass.

You do realize the promoter has to pay the player a lot of money to come sign autographs. They are not doing it to be nice guys, they are in it to also make money. Better player causes higher demand which causes higher prices.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#323 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

You do realize the promoter has to pay the player a lot of money to come sign autographs. They are not doing it to be nice guys, they are in it to also make money. Better player causes higher demand which causes higher prices.

Marty has done signing recently (as within the last year) for $50-$60 on flats.

Kovy has done 2 free signings within the last year as well. (Though I will probably give him a pass on this one since it is for charity).

#324 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Why would that piss you off? The guy paid for the autographs just like you. Why can't he sell them? Besides, chances are, if he had that much stuff, he still hasn't sold all of it yet. I have a small memorabilia business and I can tell you it is not nearly as easy to move the stuff as you might think. A lot of competition and EBay is flooded with so much forged stuff that a lot of people do not trust it. Not easy to sell a legit Marty autograph for $100, when some dirtbag is selling a forgery for $30.

Simply because thats not what it was about. I understand going to get several things signed but boxes of sh!t? Thats a little excessive.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#325 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

Simply because thats not what it was about. I understand going to get several things signed but boxes of sh!t? Thats a little excessive.

Also if you check his website, he has a business where people pay him to go to signing get their stuff signed by players.

He might have taken what you wrote personally because he is that guy.

#326 mac760

mac760

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

Marty has done signing recently (as within the last year) for $50-$60 on flats.

Kovy has done 2 free signings within the last year as well. (Though I will probably give him a pass on this one since it is for charity).

When did Marty sign for that cheap?

#327 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

When did Marty sign for that cheap?

It was some ice cream parolor in ny if I remember right.

#328 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

It was some ice cream parolor in ny if I remember right.

If your referring to last licks about a year ago that was the one I was referring to when it was a little higher then that. I paid 100 on a jersey so flats must have been atleast 80. Could be wrong though.

Edited by Quinn01, 23 December 2011 - 05:15 PM.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#329 AgentZero

AgentZero

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

I went to the Parise signing today. I got there at 9:45 ish, and didn't get to meet him. I got an auto photo though, and also a front line placing at the signing in Old Bridge in 3 weeks. I freezed my a$$ off though, but an auto is an auto.

Snartly, do you have any more information on this signing? I went to the website, but there's no information available.

#330 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Henrique signing tonight. Anyone going? I am holding off until he is signing with Zubs.

Posted Image

#331 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:38 PM

Henrique signing tonight. Anyone going? I am holding off until he is signing with Zubs.

I am holding off too, but one of my friends who lives in Warren is going tonight with his brother.

#332 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Holding off as well. The dual signing with Zubrus is the better option.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#333 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

Apparently 400 people showed up for the Henrique signing last night.....

Posted Image

#334 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

Apparently 400 people showed up for the Henrique signing last night.....

Yeah and my buddy who went said that they moved the line pretty quick so that was good.

#335 mac760

mac760

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

It was a good time. Adam was early and the line moved pretty well.

It was a good SMU event.

#336 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

Will be going to the Sykora signing in Hazlet in March, since i will be in Jersey during that time :)
I wonder if i will throw him out with my Aussie accent haha!

So if i brought a photo and a puck to sign, and get a photo taken, is that ok? or is it usually limited to 1 autograph etc?

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#337 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

Will be going to the Sykora signing in Hazlet in March, since i will be in Jersey during that time :)
I wonder if i will throw him out with my Aussie accent haha!

So if i brought a photo and a puck to sign, and get a photo taken, is that ok? or is it usually limited to 1 autograph etc?

Usually it is one autograph per ticket, but I would ay least call or email whoever is doing the signing to make sure. If I remember right there is no tiered pricing so it is a flat price on high signing whatever you want.

#338 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Tonight is Kovalchuks signing. Anyone going?

Posted Image

#339 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'll be there!

#340 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Tonight is Kovalchuks signing. Anyone going?

If this was on the weekend I would have def went as weekday signings are a little tough for me. Just can't fit this one in my schedule.

I am looking forward to the Henrique/Zubrus signing in a couple weeks or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users