10$ Seats

J0llyR0ger

If you think standing in line for a game just to save a few bucks equates higher level of fandom, well that is just your perogative and cannot help you there. I just find it to be funny.

What i find even funnier is the promotion and defending of line cutting. People wonder why some of us feel the way we do towards the younger fans of this team when the shoe keeps fitting.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i find even funnier is the promotion and defending of line cutting. People wonder why some of us feel the way we do towards the younger fans of this team when the shoe keeps fitting.

LOL exactly and that is why I gave up on it back last season after waiting for hours only to get burned.

I really dont know what else I can say other than that I am done with it and that's it.

LOL exactly and that is why I gave up on it back last season after waiting for hours only to get burned.

I really dont know what else I can say other than that I am done with it and that's it.

The revolutionary concept of handing out sequentially numbered tickets/wristbands/flyers requires complex marketing/organizational skills, don't ya know? :dance:

Wow u have a full time job!!! Me too!!!! You just said u took off work, what part of "get there earlier and u wont have a problem" was misunderstood.

Show up earlier...unless you have a friend willing to 'save' you a spot on the line, then you can stroll in at 4 PM?! That might be the goofiest double standard I've ever seen on this board and that's saying a lot :P

I can't believe anyone's defending blatant cutting. Those tickets are supposed to be first-come first-serve, not one person gets there and is able to reserve a spot for twenty other people that aren't getting there till four. It's just not right that one person gets there at 10, another gets there at 4 and the person at 4 gets tickets because of cutting. And that's really what it is, one spot in line shouldn't guarantee you twenty tickets, it guarantees you two - that's it.

I don't even have a horse in the race, thank goodness I don't need the $10 tickets with the kind of shenanigans that obviously go on.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I am glad I am not crazy and alone in thinking line-cutting and being an ass in general cannot be justified.

The posts he made is proof positive again that the current college age/high school generation lack any common sense or decency. I guess this is a product of growing up with a generation where there is a "children should never fail ever" mentality, so it is ok to do basically whatever it takes to get what you want, whether it means legally or not, or being an ass or not. The $10 line is full of them and honestly over the past 4 years it has only gotten worse to the point where I swore it off and I would rather pay extra not to wait in it, or just not go at all. IDK why this guy feels the need to defend it even after my last post about it was a month ago and it was about ways to improve it, which at this point is the only way I might think of even trying the line again. However, with the Devils and the way they run these sort of things, I know it is just pie in the sky thinking on my part.

Edited by DevsMan84

I am glad I am not crazy and alone in thinking line-cutting and being an ass in general cannot be justified.

The posts he made is proof positive again that the current college age/high school generation lack any common sense or decency. I guess this is a product of growing up with a generation where there is a "children should never fail ever" mentality, so it is ok to do basically whatever it takes to get what you want, whether it means legally or not, or being an ass or not. The $10 line is full of them and honestly over the past 4 years it has only gotten worse to the point where I swore it off and I would rather pay extra not to wait in it, or just not go at all. IDK why this guy feels the need to defend it even after my last post about it was a month ago and it was about ways to improve it, which at this point is the only way I might think of even trying the line again. However, with the Devils and the way they run these sort of things, I know it is just pie in the sky thinking on my part.

This mvparise guy is ridiculous. Between his completely misguided hatred of Fayne and his defense of allowing an unlimited number of people to be allowed to cut because someone "saved a place for them", it's becoming way too frustrating to try to talk sensibly to him. If he wants to be misinformed on which players are playing well, which players aren't and if he wants to disrespect other faithful fans of the team by allowing multiple people to cut the $10 ticket line, so that those fans get screwed out of a ticket, than he can go ahead and be "that guy".

Hopefully one day he will realize that society works better when you can have adult, mature discussions, accept facts and don't act like a jerk.

That being said, I am 21 and I'd like to think that while I may not have the knowledge that comes with decades of life experience, I'm at least not disrespectful towards other people. So if you could not generalize an entire generation of people, it'd be appreciated, other than that I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

This mvparise guy is ridiculous. Between his completely misguided hatred of Fayne and his defense of allowing an unlimited number of people to be allowed to cut because someone "saved a place for them", it's becoming way too frustrating to try to talk sensibly to him. If he wants to be misinformed on which players are playing well, which players aren't and if he wants to disrespect other faithful fans of the team by allowing multiple people to cut the $10 ticket line, so that those fans get screwed out of a ticket, than he can go ahead and be "that guy".

Hopefully one day he will realize that society works better when you can have adult, mature discussions, accept facts and don't act like a jerk.

That being said, I am 21 and I'd like to think that while I may not have the knowledge that comes with decades of life experience, I'm at least not disrespectful towards other people. So if you could not generalize an entire generation of people, it'd be appreciated, other than that I pretty much agree with everything else you said.

I know what I said is a sweeping generalization and like anything there are always exceptions and you seem to be one of them. However I, along with a growing number of other people, have witnessed at Devils games and other events what I have described above and honestly we are just getting sick of it and making these events less enjoyable. I only pray more younger people do what you do.

Anyone?

Just to give you a reply, here is a copy and paste from what someone else said today on a different forum. Hope it helps:

They have cut down massively on the amount of tickets being sold. I remember the article on the devils website when pru center first opened that there would be around 200 tickets for every game. I believe that number is down to about 60. A lot of rangers fans come out for these tickets. If you come at 8am I think you should be good. Anything past 10am I would not count on.

And btw they are $11 tickets.

Just to give you a reply, here is a copy and paste from what someone else said today on a different forum. Hope it helps:

They have cut down massively on the amount of tickets being sold. I remember the article on the devils website when pru center first opened that there would be around 200 tickets for every game. I believe that number is down to about 60. A lot of rangers fans come out for these tickets. If you come at 8am I think you should be good. Anything past 10am I would not count on.

Oh like ive said before lol and how would u know if you said u never try and get these all year?

You people are idiots. theyre not getting wristbands theyre gettting tickets that we're waiting there all day for. 2 seats a wristband. i swear you need to be a nutcase to write on this website daily. I hope no gers or flyers fans look on this website cause if they do this is embarassing. theres an entire thread of people saying trade parise (one of the top 5 players in the league for 3-4 yrs) for so and so, theres devsman84 who gets jealous of other fans jerseys, and theres endless nmber of fans who think this team isnt a playoff team cause we arent winning every game going away. atll i can say mark fayne is solid and will HOPEFULLY grow to be better, but he will be worthless in the playoffs now because of his mistakes. Whats sickening is the majority of devs fans.

Oh like ive said before lol and how would u know if you said u never try and get these all year?

I guess you don't read very well mvparise. I bolded it for you...

You people are idiots. theyre not getting wristbands theyre gettting tickets that we're waiting there all day for. 2 seats a wristband. i swear you need to be a nutcase to write on this website daily. I hope no gers or flyers fans look on this website cause if they do this is embarassing. theres an entire thread of people saying trade parise (one of the top 5 players in the league for 3-4 yrs) for so and so, theres devsman84 who gets jealous of other fans jerseys, and theres endless nmber of fans who think this team isnt a playoff team cause we arent winning every game going away. atll i can say mark fayne is solid and will HOPEFULLY grow to be better, but he will be worthless in the playoffs now because of his mistakes. Whats sickening is the majority of devs fans.

Where do you get I'm jealous of other fans jerseys? Do you even read what you post?

I guess you don't read very well mvparise. I bolded it for you...

Lol nope he doesnt. Like I said on the fayne thread his first post was here arguing with me that I don't like the $10 line anymore. Half of his posts since he joined is on this thread and the other half is about how fayne sucks.

Love how is trying to play a game of "caught you" with me when as you pointed out he cannot even read what I posted. At least the two recently banned trolls could read a little bit.

• 1 month later...

Just to post here, since I haven't in forever. The 10$ line has gone to crap essentially. I haven't gone at all this year, so hopefully it got better, but when I originally posted this I loved to go down and wait in line all day. People never cut, the security guards payed attention to the line, and most of the people knew each other so it led to a great atmosphere for people to just hang out and get ready for the game that night.

Then we got some groups of nutcases who do nothing productive with their life and just sit in line getting drunk and assuming they're better then everyone else. (Nothing against some drinking in line, we all did it, but these are the guys who act like their in high school and a sip of alcohol means they're the cool kids in line). The last few times I sat in line last year I wanted to rip my hair out listening to these clowns attempting to talk hockey and claim how great of fans they are.

By the way, here are the culprits that in my mind are ruining the line.

383817_574738382987_47600592_31695315_451832563_n.jpg

(Not the big guy, he's actually a good guy, just to hangs out with idiots)

There's also this jackass Paul, who thinks he's the cream of the crop. You'll usually see him around the line hitting on every girl possible. Mainly the bigger ones and the ones who are underage. It's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

And finally the few white trash 40-50 year olds who bring their lawn chairs and sit in the front. They let the most people cut that I've ever seen. No class at all.

I'm embarrassed that these people are Devils fans. Hope you can all stay away from them. Shame something that was so awesome and I loved so much has turned to complete crap. I'm so glad I just have a job now and am willing to pay a bit more for tickets then waiting with these people.

Just to post here, since I haven't in forever. The 10$ line has gone to crap essentially. I haven't gone at all this year, so hopefully it got better, but when I originally posted this I loved to go down and wait in line all day. People never cut, the security guards payed attention to the line, and most of the people knew each other so it led to a great atmosphere for people to just hang out and get ready for the game that night.

Then we got some groups of nutcases who do nothing productive with their life and just sit in line getting drunk and assuming they're better then everyone else. (Nothing against some drinking in line, we all did it, but these are the guys who act like their in high school and a sip of alcohol means they're the cool kids in line). The last few times I sat in line last year I wanted to rip my hair out listening to these clowns attempting to talk hockey and claim how great of fans they are.

By the way, here are the culprits that in my mind are ruining the line.

383817_574738382987_47600592_31695315_451832563_n.jpg

(Not the big guy, he's actually a good guy, just to hangs out with idiots)

There's also this jackass Paul, who thinks he's the cream of the crop. You'll usually see him around the line hitting on every girl possible. Mainly the bigger ones and the ones who are underage. It's probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

And finally the few white trash 40-50 year olds who bring their lawn chairs and sit in the front. They let the most people cut that I've ever seen. No class at all.

I'm embarrassed that these people are Devils fans. Hope you can all stay away from them. Shame something that was so awesome and I loved so much has turned to complete crap. I'm so glad I just have a job now and am willing to pay a bit more for tickets then waiting with these people.

As you can see in my most recent posts on this thread, I had run into the same issues and basically gave up on it a year ago. You have idiots like mvparise (who has since been banned) basically saying it is ok to allow their friends to cut in line. They are the ones that pretty much ruined it and I have sworn it off forever.

Also I have seen all the people in the picture you have posted in the line over the past few years. They are indeed amongst the worst. The long-haired guy who is second from the right is especially pathetic. I really do not think he has a job as he is out there for hours and hours. He also always wants to sit in the last rows of 233 and desperately wants to be part of the Crazies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.