Olli Malmivaara Signs with JYP Jyvaskyla

thefiestygoat

Here is the link, it is in Finnish and I am hoping someone here can confirm that he has infact signed with that club. If it is true I wish him the best, he seemed like a good guy and it was fun to see him play a couple of games in NJ. I will always remember how awkward he was on his skates due to his huge frame.

Edit: Confirmed below by titans04. Thanks!

Edited by thefiestygoat

Onnea, Olli!

An interview and the team's press release with a pic or two.

The only Finnish-English online translation I could find is http://www.tranexp.com and it's a bit rough. But here's an approximation of what the team's press release says.

Olli Malmivaara in JYP uniform

JYP announces 8th-year veteran Olli Malmivaara is transferring from the AHL to the SM league and to the JYP uniform. [? Terms of the deal are private?]

Malmivaara, who is 197 cm tall and weighs 102 KG, spent the past 2 years with the AHL Lowell Devils. There, in the first season he played 60 games, scored 1g and 10 assists, and the following season in 57 games had 8 g + 9 a. Malmivaara also played two games for the NHL New Jersey Devils. Malmivaara was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2000 NHL entry draft. [Round 4, #117 overall.]

JYP GM Jukka Sepp

Edited by Shtikl