Sens deal Todd White to Wild

Derek21

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131966

Wild get Todd White from Senators

TSN.ca Staff

7/30/2005 6:06:39 PM

The Minnesota Wild have acquired centre Todd White from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Minnesota's four-round pick in this year's draft.

White, a 5-foot-10, 194-pound native of Kanata, Ontario, scored 29 points in 53 games for Ottawa in 2003-04. In 2002-03, the 30-year-old set career highs for goals (25), assists (35) and points (60) while playing 80 games.

A veteran of seven NHL seasons, White has played in 230 NHL games and has recorded 244 career points. Originally signed as an un-drafted free agent by Chicago prior to the 1997-98 season, White has played with Chicago, Philadelphia and Ottawa.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131966

A veteran of seven NHL seasons, White has played in 230 NHL games and has recorded 244 career points. Originally signed as an un-drafted free agent by Chicago prior to the 1997-98 season, White has played with Chicago, Philadelphia and Ottawa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:noclue: Is that even close? :noclue:

Or am I reading it wrong? 230 games, 244 pts? Over a point per game dealt for a 4th rounder... I dont think so. He has 159pts in 276 games. I dont see where tsn pulled the 230/244 from.

I've always thought todd white was quite overrated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because he is. He's smallish, not that fast, and gets to play with either Havlat, Alfredsson, or Hossa - that will always help your numbers.

I was surprised the Senators made this deal only because White is from Ottawa. I always felt that would keep him on the roster.

My guess is that the Senators refused to qualify him, so they dealt him to Minnesota, who will. Same thing with Jeff O'Neill. Trade values are no longer constant anymore.