2014 NJDevs FF Draft - We are finished!

CRASHER

This might just be our wackiest draft ever :lol:

Of course, most of that is because of ayl, but still...

In a vacuum, this trade is rather even to me:

Aylbert acquires the 2nd (14-Aaron Rodgers), 8th (86-Golden Tate), 10th (110-Kelvin Benjamin) and 14th (158-Packers) round picks from devilsrule33 for his 3rd (25-Andre Ellington), 4th (48-Wes Welker), 10th (120-Riley Cooper) and 14th (168-Coby Fleener) round selections

Aylbert acquires the 2nd (14-Aaron Rodgers), 8th (86-Golden Tate), 10th (110-Kelvin Benjamin) and 14th (158-Packers) round picks from devilsrule33 for his 3rd (25-Andre Ellington), 4th (48-Wes Welker), 10th (120-Riley Cooper) and 14th (168-Coby Fleener) round selections

Even in a vacuum (which is the wrong way to evaluate draft-day trades) it's way too early to tell.  Will Rodgers play 16 games this year?  Will Kelvin Benjamin ever not get double-teamed?  Will Welker do enough for 12 games to justify a 4th round draft position (and remember, he wasn't missing 4 games for suspension eons ago when this pick was made)?  Will either the Packers D or Fleener show up?  How long will it take for Golden Tate to adjust to a game-time situation in Detroit?  Talk to me in week 4-6 and we'll see how "even" the trade was.

Even in a vacuum (which is the wrong way to evaluate draft-day trades) it's way too early to tell.  Will Rodgers play 16 games this year?  Will Kelvin Benjamin ever not get double-teamed?  Will Welker do enough for 12 games to justify a 4th round draft position (and remember, he wasn't missing 4 games for suspension eons ago when this pick was made)?  Will either the Packers D or Fleener show up?  How long will it take for Golden Tate to adjust to a game-time situation in Detroit?  Talk to me in week 4-6 and we'll see how "even" the trade was.

Well, yes... but your questions are all draft day questions and those unknown variables are embedded into the draft value.    

I meant I would do that trade now (even if you sub fair round value of TY Hilton for Welker - who dropped a fair amount obv) knowing what those picks translate to. I would trade Ellington, Welker (or Hilton), Cooper and Fleener for Rodgers, Tate, Benjamin and Packers D.

I was going to grab Welker with the next pick and was a bit bummed (ok, very much so that I said fvck it and went with Stafford...  I also debated Sankey)   Stafford is a horrid pick if I'm sitting with Rodgers for the season; but I do believe someone is going to want one of my QBs later, and I will have that 4-6 week window of time to see actual value rather than draft value.    

I honestly feel this is the year Stafford steps it up.

Once I hit the "start league" button

We need to make the Final two picks first

Oh yeah....that's me :P

I'll go with the "why not" theory:

BenJarvis Green-Ellis: RB-TBA

And then there was one......

If he wants to waste a pick on it on the gamble that he comes back next year, its fine...it's no different than gambling on Harvin and Crabtree coming back healthy last year...

Has takes Nick Novak

Sanborn takes Brian Hartline (WR-Mia)

and I'll make my pick (after Brian of course) when I get back from my two jobs....good to see we're back on course B )

And because kickers are people too, he gets the official intro during the few minutes I can get on a computer before this thread's locked :P

Josh Gordon WR Cinn

This might just be our wackiest draft ever :lol:

Of course, most of that is because of ayl, but still...

If it wasn't already, Gordon clinched it :P

If red can win the league with 14 players then the rest of us should be ashamed :P  It's hard enough with fifteen given byes/injuries.  While I 'sort' of agree red shouldn't benefit from a suspension, there's also a non-zero chance Gordon gets his keyster thrown in jail by next August.  So while red would get a tremendous benefit next year, it's certainly not without a risk. (mainly that he carries an empty roster spot and doesn't get the big payoff next year)

The problem with assessing that trade is Welker's value has gone to **** since then (he had the concussion/suspension after being drafted).

Even in a vacuum (which is the wrong way to evaluate draft-day trades) it's way too early to tell.  Will Rodgers play 16 games this year?  Will Kelvin Benjamin ever not get double-teamed? 

Honestly I don't think that'll be an issue since they have a professional receiver in Cotchery along with Olsen.  I actually picked Benjamin in my 16-team PPR league lol.  Well sort of picked him, I wound up having to autodraft but my list wound up being pretty good considering.  I had Peyton, Gio, Roddy, Cruz, Garcon and Pitta as my keepers (we start one QB, two WR's, one Flex, one RB and one TE along with a kicker and five defensive players).  I wound up having this as my final roster:

QB - Peyton, Locker

RB - Gio, Moreno (yes I wound up with him here lol), Helu (my one mistake, I could have had Bradshaw but didn't bump him high enough)

WR - Roddy, Cruz, Garcon, Benjamin, Hawkins, Sanu, Caldwell

TE - Pitta, Miller

K - whatever the Eagles' guy name is :lol:

DL - K. Williams (Buf)

DE - Vernon (Mia)

LB - Dansby (Cle)

CB - Gibson (Cle)

S - Church (Dal)

Edited by NJDevs4978

Scott skipped me?  Or are you waiting on my pick anyway?

I thought you picked amongst all the jibber-jabber and bad player movement justifcations going on above me......do proceed :P

QB - Peyton, Locker

RB - Gio, Moreno (yes I wound up with him here lol), Helu (my one mistake, I could have had Bradshaw but didn't bump him high enough)

WR - Roddy, Cruz, Garcon, Benjamin, Hawkins, Sanu, Caldwell

TE - Pitta, Miller

K - whatever the Eagles' guy name is :lol:

DL - K. Williams (Buf)

DE - Vernon (Mia)

LB - Dansby (Cle)

CB - Gibson (Cle)

S - Church (Dal)

Only two QBs on that roster? Your autodraft failed you :P But honestly once Moreno inevitably wins the starting job in Miami and becomes a fantasy RB2, I think you'll have a pretty competitive team in a 16 team league. Can't say I know how the IDPs will score though, I've never really tried to understand em