on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

snartly

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

• Boo at him every time he touches the puck
    • applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils
    • Chant "Kovy's better"

I actually love the Montreal fans haha. I go to Montreal once a year to see the Devils play there. The fans are very nice and I met a lot of good people up there.

Of course. In general they're great. But if some poster wants to use the MTL fanbase to show how we're "uneducated" or "unclassy", than we need to go to the review booth, as I did.

You guys have issues. He went home. Family, wife, childhood, friends. If anything this move shows what kinda priorities the man has in life. I almost like him more now then when he was a devil.

This. This a thousand percent. If these people had their way, free agency would be banned and everyone drafted by the organization would be forced to be a Devil for life whether they like it or not.

I'd take 'going home' a little more seriously if he wasn't also getting $98 million for it. People talk like he took a discount to go home :giggle:

The Flyers offered him $110 million. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

My favorite part is the whole, "he's such a great guy for specifically making sure that him and Suter got the same exact contracts; that Suter didn't get any less money." Oh please...that's called being a spoiled brat...you didn't make Minny underpay you, you made them overpay Suter. Thankfully for them, the Wild are like bad, enabling parents.

Maybe this was just a rumor, but weren't the Red Wings willing to overpay Suter and/or drastically underpay Parise? If it wasn't for that, they might have ended up in Detroit instead.

This. This a thousand percent. If these people had their way, free agency would be banned and everyone drafted by the organization would be forced to be a Devil for life whether they like it or not.

I still don't get this whole we should respect their right to free agency stance.

A whopping 12 million dollar difference? Big deal. Sutter was never going to the Eastern Conference so Parise wasn't going to sign with Philly.

Maybe this was just a rumor, but weren't the Red Wings willing to overpay Suter and/or drastically underpay Parise? If it wasn't for that, they might have ended up in Detroit instead.

That's the report but there are no figures out there and if those rumors are true then Parise decided he would rather get paid more money to go home and get the same contract as his boyfriend instead of taking a bit less then his bf and play for a good team in Detroit. Not much of a "hometown discount" if you ask me.

No one is going on and on about Parise taking less money. It's a pretty solid thing to do, but again he wanted to get Suter in there too. It does seem a little dickish if you are trying to convince one guy to go somewhere where they are paying you a sh!tload more money than him, when on another team that he might be interested in, they are doing the opposite. So the same salaries are pretty fair.

As for the Wings, they wanted Suter a lot more. I don't know if they were drastically underpaying Parise, but it wasn't at the same level of other teams.

And you know I agree with you a thousand percent on your first point. At the end of the day, if all our former great Devils had never won Cup after Cup like Brodeur, Stevens and Elias, maybe they'd be gone to Montreal, the Rangers etc or if many of their hometown teams existed, they'd go too(Brodeur excluded). You never know. So many different factors come into play.

Again, he was initially offered a higher contract by the Wild but needed to siphon off some of his money to Suter to get him to come there. And since Suter wasn't going East it's a non-issue regardless. Plus we don't know whether the $110 million was over 14 years, how much of the money was up front, etc.

And again I really don't understand why it's so important for you, dr, Tri, etc to be sticking up for a guy who left the team to the point of being confrontational. He wasn't traded, he left and what's more he was planning his exit throughout the season. This isn't Gionta or Rafalski leaving because Lou didn't offer them a contract and most fans didn't want them back anyway.

If he wanted to leave, fine...don't play Hamlet for a year and a half and beg for a contract through the media you have no intention of signing anyway. Don't tell me you want to play for a winner and an up-tempo system when you sign with a losing team and a guy who plays a defensive-minded system. I don't know how many times we have to tell you it's not his leaving that annoys everyone, it's him being such a phony about it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And again I really don't understand why it's so important for you, dr, Tri, etc to be sticking up for a guy who left the team. He wasn't traded, he left and what's more he was planning his exit throughout the season. This isn't Gionta or Rafalski leaving because Lou didn't offer them a contract and most fans didn't want them back anyway.

because it makes him sound like he understands something we all don't. We are the emotional to his great practicality and knowledge. I think Tri has been pretty fair. But dr is playing the, "nobody understands it like I do," game.

Suter and Parise ... Plannin to Hook-up since

aav1MD8B.jpg

Edited by Masked Fan

because it makes him sound like he understands something we all don't. We are the emotional to his great practicality and knowledge. I think Tri has been pretty fair. But dr is playing the, "nobody understands it like I do," game.

I think what they don't understand is that a lot of posters are not upset at the fact that parise left or why he left, but HOW he left.

When parise announcement came through on the fourth I was a little annoyed but not really all that upset. However in the next few hours and days I got more and more pissed as the details came out. Parise was doing a lot of talking out of both sides of his mouth and gave a lot of lip service throughout the year and in the last few days. Parise made it seem as this was down to Minnesota and nj till the very end and then we find out later from his father that parise texted him on the 2nd saying that he was going to sign with Minnesota. We then find out after that from Zach himself that him and suter discussed through the past year how they wanted to play together and that Zach even influenced suters contract so they could both play on Minnesota. This was clearly planned and at the same time he was telling the media and devils fans about how he wanted to stay in nj at the same time. He could have just done the old Lou status quo comment without giving devils fans lip service.

Also the more I think about it the more of a sh!thead he is because I really do think the timing of his announcement on July fourth was calculated by him and his agents. I feel it had nothing to do with him and suter being American but more that since he knew by July 2nd he was going to the wild that he either figured or was told to hold off till July 4th to lessen the backlash as most people are out celebrating and not watching hockey as much. This sort of thing just shows what chicken sh!t he is and how much of a conniving pansy he truly is.

In the end he is a great hockey player and I will not deny that. However at the same time we saw his true colors as a scared little bitchboy to suter.

1 ... and that Zach even influenced suters contract so they could both play on Minnesota.

2 ... This was clearly planned and at the same time he was telling the media and devils fans about how he wanted to stay in nj

3 ... to lessen the backlash

1 This was VERY LeBron of him! No wonder he hated the analogy! crymeariver.gif

2 That was actually smart, had the Heat ...oops, Wild... deal fallen thru, he would've had a happy, supportive, loving fan base to come back to with plan B after saying he wanted to come back so much. I think he may have been wisely hedging his bet. urg.gif

3 I doubt backlash EVER came into consideration. What backlash is there to worry about?? Really aint much to all our ranting. rant2.gif

I think what they don't understand is that a lot of posters are not upset at the fact that parise left or why he left, but HOW he left.

I was about to post exactly this before but I figured..."why bother?"

Edited by ben00rs

I was about to post exactly this before but I figured..."why bother?"

Exactly and I while I won't go as far as pissing on his jersey I can understand why some feel that way. Parise was one of the faces of the franchise for the past six or so years. A lot of fans get emotionally invested in the team so naturally they get emotionally invested in the players and to see how he left just made a good number of fans feel like they were being strung along the whole time. I can't blame them for feeling that way as since the signing we have seen plenty if evidence to suggest this.

I don't hate him, I guess I understand his ego or his reasoning to go back home and play in Minnesota, but he left the team, a team that did a lot to get him (yes I said it) 2 games away from a Stanley Cup win. He didn't do a whole lot for the cause but can thank Henrique, Kovy, and Brodeur.

So I'll be there, booing the piss out of him for leaving the team he was a leader of. It's obvious that he had this planned for a long time.

As a fanbase, grow some balls already. We have the least backbone of any arena in the Northeast, barring maybe the Penguins. We don't know how to intimidate and get in our opposing fans' heads, much less the heads of the players on the ice. Reading some of the comments on here, I can now see why.

According to some of you, we should all be Parise's shrink and understand his motives for leaving his team of 7 years, give him a big applause and a "Koombaya". "Let's be classy!", like it's a damn country club. Show some balls and make a statement. He wasn't there for us when it really mattered (Henrique usually was lol), and he sure as hell didn't help us try to get a Cup, so WE OWE HIM NOTHING.

I will always give an applause to Langenbrunner, and I will always give Madden a hand, and definitely Rolston. But Parise deserves nothing from us, and I will sure as hell be hollering at him everytime he comes into OUR building for the next 13 years...

Edited by DJ Eco

I still don't get this whole we should respect their right to free agency stance.

And I don't get what's so bloody hard to understand about it.

And again I really don't understand why it's so important for you, dr, Tri, etc to be sticking up for a guy who left the team to the point of being confrontational. He wasn't traded, he left and what's more he was planning his exit throughout the season. This isn't Gionta or Rafalski leaving because Lou didn't offer them a contract and most fans didn't want them back anyway.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my motivation is the sheer overreaction displayed by so many people here. The temperature of the board the past four days makes it sound like Parise took a dump on the stage of the Stone Pony, set the state flag on fire, and kicked Bruce Springsteen in the balls. Christ, he's a professional athlete who exercised his right to seek employment elsewhere. Some of you folks need to get over yourselves already.

If he wanted to leave, fine...don't play Hamlet for a year and a half and beg for a contract through the media you have no intention of signing anyway. Don't tell me you want to play for a winner and an up-tempo system when you sign with a losing team and a guy who plays a defensive-minded system. I don't know how many times we have to tell you it's not his leaving that annoys everyone, it's him being such a phony about it.

THIS is the overreaction I'm talking about. You're all so butthurt that anyone would want to leave New Jersey that you've twisted the details of the events of July 1-4 into this massive conspiracy where Parise and Suter have had this pact to run off to the Land of 10,000 Lakes together for months now and they've just been lying to everyone left and right about their intentions since then. I mean, really? Yeah, they probably batted the idea around, but I have a hard time believing it was anything more than idle chatter. To hear the insiders tell it, the plan didn't materialize until AFTER free agency opened. It sounds like the two of them compared notes on the 2nd, realized they had suitors in common and decided to try the whole package deal thing.

I still believe that returning to the Devils was very much an option until the end. Why? Because Lou says that's what Zach told him, and Lou believes him, and I believe Lou. And so what if the Devils WERE Plan B? It doesn't mean Zach was lying; I'm sure part of him did want to return, and I'm convinced that the decision to leave wasn't as easy as the majority of Devils fans want to believe it was.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my motivation is the sheer overreaction displayed by so many people here. The temperature of the board the past four days makes it sound like Parise took a dump on the stage of the Stone Pony, set the state flag on fire, and kicked Bruce Springsteen in the balls.

C'mon Rowdy now ur being ridiculous. You really mean to tell me that he didn't do any of that stuff?

Edited by ben00rs

I am going to bring my Zack jersey and throw it on the ice

Love it...gonna try and get tickets for my wife and I so we can throw her ZP tshirt (now has a circle with a line through it on the ice too.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

When it comes down to it I really don't give a sh!t why he left but he did leave us. Our captain who is suppose to be our leader left us, left our players after being 2 games away from winning the Cup. A Stanley Cup finals that our captain played horrible in. For all those reasons alone, Parise can go fvck himself.

• Like 2

When it comes down to it I really don't give a sh!t why he left but he did leave us. Our captain who is suppose to be our leader left us, left our players after being 2 games away from winning the Cup. A Stanley Cup finals that our captain played horrible in. For all those reasons alone, Parise can go fvck himself.

Truth.

THIS is the overreaction I'm talking about. You're all so butthurt that anyone would want to leave New Jersey that you've twisted the details of the events of July 1-4 into this massive conspiracy where Parise and Suter have had this pact to run off to the Land of 10,000 Lakes together for months now and they've just been lying to everyone left and right about their intentions since then. I mean, really? Yeah, they probably batted the idea around, but I have a hard time believing it was anything more than idle chatter. To hear the insiders tell it, the plan didn't materialize until AFTER free agency opened. It sounds like the two of them compared notes on the 2nd, realized they had suitors in common and decided to try the whole package deal thing.

I still believe that returning to the Devils was very much an option until the end. Why? Because Lou says that's what Zach told him, and Lou believes him, and I believe Lou. And so what if the Devils WERE Plan B? It doesn't mean Zach was lying; I'm sure part of him did want to return, and I'm convinced that the decision to leave wasn't as easy as the majority of Devils fans want to believe it was.

So players Have never blown smoke up their GM's and fans asses before? Lou is taking Zach's public explanation at face value but behind closed doors Lou might be as furious as us. Fact is we do not know and what your opinion and perception of what happened is yours and our opinion and perception of what happened is ours. You are calling posters out for what you say is re-writing history when you yourself do not know exactly what happened behind closed doors.

Just let those who are pissed at parise be.

So players Have never blown smoke up their GM's and fans asses before? Lou is taking Zach's public explanation at face value but behind closed doors Lou might be as furious as us. Fact is we do not know and what your opinion and perception of what happened is yours and our opinion and perception of what happened is ours. You are calling posters out for what you say is re-writing history when you yourself do not know exactly what happened behind closed doors.

Just let those who are pissed at parise be.

Not to mention Zach probably pulled the wool over Marty and Sal's eyes too, when they were both calling trying to get him to stay and both seemed optomistic that he was. They could have been blowing smoke publicly too but there was really no benefit for them to do so if they had an idea Zach was going to be gone in a day or two. I'm sure the guys in his locker room were real thrilled to hear him talking about playing with his buddy Suter as opposed to them, his friends in the red and white for years.

Of course you'll never get anything publicly out of them other than a few feisty tweets from Marty's kids. I don't think it's a coincidence you haven't heard one peep out of any player since Zach walked, it's total lockdown mode.