USA's 2014 Olympic Jerseys

devilsfan26

The 2014 Nike USA Olympic Hockey Jersey fuses USA Hockey’s rich history and tradition with the performance needs of today’s athletes. Decades of design delivered the inspiration to create a lightweight jersey with distractions removed and range of motion maximized. 

The jersey draws inspiration from the pride of competing for Team USA by amplifying the American Flag aesthetic through matte/shine stars on the shoulders and bold striping. The patriotic and inspirational message "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" can be found on the inside neckline.

The USA Hockey Crest has been enlarged and refined to reflect the 80’s aesthetic, while the right sleeve pays homage to gold medals in 1960 and 1980.

Technology:
  • Nike Flywire reinforces the neck area while providing a closer fit to prevent slipping. The aesthetic also provides a nod to the traditional lace neck design. 
  • Reduced seaming eliminates weight and creates a more traditional blocked look.
  • Recycled polyester embraces sustainable innovation without compromising performance.  Each jersey is made from about seventeen plastic bottles and the socks use approximately five plastic bottles.
  • Lightweight premium letters and numbers shave off unnecessary weight.
  • Zoned ventilation and articulated sleeves for ventilation and maximum range of motion.
  • Stretch open hole mesh under arm for added ventilation.

http://olympics.usahockey.com/news_article/show/279876-nike-2014-u-s-olympic-jersey-unveiled

I'm not really a fan of these.  I don't like the lack of striping near the bottom and the striping on the white one goes down too low and seems unbalanced without anything at the bottom of the jersey, it looks more appropriate for a soccer jersey in my opinion.  I'm not crazy about the crest either, it's not like we have some great tradition of winning that we are trying to preserve.  It's too bad the Olympics don't let you use governing bodies' logos anymore, the USA Hockey logo is awesome.

The shiny stars at the shoulders as well as the 1960 and 1980 stuff I find to be kinda tacky.  Oh well, with the amount of crappy jerseys that have made it to the ice in the past five to eight years thanks to Reebok and Nike trying to reinvent the wheel, I guess it could have been much worse.

eh shoulda just gone w/ the throwbacks they used in 2010 for their alternates and made a blue one 

Ice+Hockey+Day+10+fGhGWVYpCQ_l.jpg

Though I like Devil Dan's idea of the 96 world cup ones coming back! :P

Edited by DH26

Can't stand these. The best bet for any uniform is a classic look. As one poster mentioned, the '10 throwbacks that looked a bit like the Miracle jerseys are the ones we should have went with. Also, what is it with national sports teams using dark blue to represent us??? The flag is like royal, I hate the dark blue all our national teams are using.

Can't stand these. The best bet for any uniform is a classic look. As one poster mentioned, the '10 throwbacks that looked a bit like the Miracle jerseys are the ones we should have went with. Also, what is it with national sports teams using dark blue to represent us??? The flag is like royal, I hate the dark blue all our national teams are using.

Exactly. If there's anything the sports world hates, it's change. Keep it simple, keep it in line with classic designs.