NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

from what it seems, the 7-5s are win and in )of course), and most likely 3 of the 4 7-5s will get in even with a loss unless they lay an absolute stink bomb (talking <40-50 pts). Ayl  is in the most danger due to the fact that all the 6-6s are right on his ass in points.

Swamps is the only 5-7 with a shot, because he is one of the highest scoring teams in the league,  though he needs alot of help (not only does he have to win, he also needs all three 6-6s to lose) he'll help his own cause by beating crasher. 

both the 1 and 2 seeds are still up in the air so this is a week where all hands have to go on deck because everyone needs as many points as they can get

Edited by VivaLaFlamme

Swamps is the only 5-7 with a shot, because he is one of the highest scoring teams in the league,  though he needs alot of help (not only does he have to win, he also needs all three 6-6s to lose) he'll help his own cause by beating crasher. 

Yeah, I need a straight flush more or less, although being able to control one of the results at least gives me a glimmer.  If ayl'd lost to CRASHER last week it would have been completely unrealistic needing three outside results to go my way (with two of them Masked and Clown winning).

CRASHER's definitely out with a loss, I know that much since five other teams are at 7+ wins and I'd be ahead of him on points.  So at least I can play spoiler with a win if nothing else.

The impossible is actually becoming a little more possible.  I took care of my part, barring a goofball Eli 57-point game.  Hopefully Graham gets 9 points tomorrow and Wilson/Lynch/Morris do enough to beat RSC's 22 point edge and Cruz  ;)

Even on Sunday night it's kind of impossible to tell where the overall standings are going to wind up with everyone bunched together on record and points.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The impossible is actually becoming a little more possible.  I took care of my part, barring a goofball Eli 57-point game.  Hopefully Graham gets 9 points tomorrow and Wilson/Lynch/Morris do enough to beat RSC's 22 point edge and Cruz  ;)

Even on Sunday night it's kind of impossible to tell where the overall standings are going to wind up with everyone bunched together on record and points.

You can get an idea by booting up stat stracker nad clicking on league standings, because that shows the standings in real time. It at least gives an idea

You can get an idea by booting up stat stracker nad clicking on league standings, because that shows the standings in real time. It at least gives an idea

I did, thing is the top four are all so close in points it could go any way based on tonight's games. ayl is listed as #1 now but could drop to #3 or even #4 since the other teams all have players going tonight. I think you're a bit behind the other 8-5's so you'll probably slot in 5th but I don't remember.

EDIT: Yeah you'll be fifth unless red loses, then you can go up to 4 provided the Seattle D gets you a couple of points.  The last playoff spot's easier to figure out cause dr/RSC/my point totals are locked, it's just about results of games at this point.

If dr and RSC both win dr makes the playoffs on points.  If RSC wins and dr doesn't, he makes the playoffs and vice-versa.  I make it if they both lose.  Whoever makes it among the three of us is definitely the #6 seed based on point totals/records

Edited by NJDevs4978

Oh fvck it I'm celebrating this...1.3 points or not.  If I get nipped on a scoring change in the Clown/DR game I'll probably retire :P

Color me shocked this actually looks like it's going to happen lol...in the playoffs from 4-7.  I was wondering what YouTube or picture I should post for THIS occasion and finally found one (fitting too cause it's Clown that probably got me in the playoffs in the end...this was basically my emotion when Graham had the final catch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwrTR3mAaTo

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not quite. You should prepare for another week 12 like beating.

you are right, they actually got me 40+, and put me right into the #1 seed...

and BTW, the only reason i took a beating in week 12... bye week for my 2 stars...

And shame on all of you..

My team has 4 returning starters from last years Chamopionship team!!  How did you let that happen!

after Wilson & Lynch combine for 35 tonight, Dynamo Nation will be right back where we ended last year!!!

Well last regular season anyway...congrats on finishing with the top seed two years in a row.

And shame on all of you..

My team has 4 returning starters from last years Chamopionship team!!  How did you let that happen!

You can keep the Bears' D now lol...DT/Wilson were fair value for where you drafted them.  The Bears a bargain I thought at the time, but I always knew there was a possibility they could fall off without Lovie and a new system there.

It's insane how 4.08 points seperated second place (and the second bye) from fourth place.  And 1.28 points was the difference in me making the playoffs over dr.  This was the sweetest fantasy weekend I had like ever though, even apparently stole a playoff berth in my 16-team PPR league due to a points tiebreaker when I thought head-to-head would apply.

You can keep the Bears' D now lol...DT/Wilson were fair value for where you drafted them.  The Bears a bargain I thought at the time, but I always knew there was a possibility they could fall off without Lovie and a new system there.

I was not even counting the bears, Wilson, Morris, Thomas & Gould, Bears D makes it 5! But I usually start the 9ers....

So i got really bored this morning and decided to do a playoff preview. 

New Jersey Swamps (6-7)(6th Seed) vs VALUE=GREATNESS(8-5)(3-Seed)

QB: Josh McCown vs Carson Palmer; This is a very close matchup, Josh McCown has been great in Cutlers Abscence to a point where it may have doomed Cutlers long-term future in Chicago(boy doesnt green bay wish they had a backup this good), Carson Palmer has been pretty good for Arizona too, despite turning the ball over in almost every game this season. The benefeit is that Palmer will be playing in a dome whereas McCown will be playing in 15 degree weather. I give this matchup a literal TIE. Edge: None

RB: Adrian Peterson/Knoshon Moreno vs Frank Gore/Ben Tate; This is pretty much a no-brainer. Gore has been average the last few weeks, and Tate stunk on thursday. That just wont cut it vs Swamps two RBs. Edge: Swamps by Far

WR: Desean Jackson/Keenan Allan vs Jordy Nelson/Brandon Marshal; If A-rod was playing this would be a no-brainer edge for VALUE, but with Matt Flynn throwing to him in sh&#33;tty weather it's a tie. Edge: None

TE: Julius Thomas vs Greg Olsen; Not sure if Thomas is playing, but if he DOES play then he gets an edge over VALUE here. Edge: Swamps IF Thomas plays, oterwise, none

Flex: Demarco Murray vs Pierre Garcon; Washington is a mess these days and the weather is going ot be sh&#33;t. KC needs a wakeup call, and I think theyll get it today by destroying Washington. Demarco Murray will get his touches (even if it's via screen passes). Edge: Swamps

Kicker: Stephen Gostkowski vs Steven Hauschka: Not much to say here, bette rweather in frisco makes me give edge to VALUE. Edge: VALUE

Defense: Arizona vs Kansas City: Arizona has a good defense, but I dont see St.Louis turning the ball over that much. Meanwhile KC is going ot play out in the elements in sh&#33;tty weather against a team that turns over the ball in GOOD weather. Edge: VALUE

Overall Edge: Swamps, that RB matchup is condemning to VALUE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sworn Defenders (8-5) (4th Seed) vs Long Island Iced Z (8-5) (5th Seed)

QB: Peyton Manning vs Mike Glennon; Long Island Iced Z has been playing a backup QB or a waiver QB every week since Vick went down. Mike Glennon is good, but Peyton Manning is  "Mr. Regular Season Stats God". Edge: Sworn Defenders

RB: Andre Brown/Fred Jackson vs Reggie Bush/Joique Bell; Both teams are sporting a 'backup' RB as their No.2. Both have been pretty effective all year. The biggest worry for Iced Z is both of his RBs are from the same team, only one of the can score a TD, but I expect them to try to run the ball a bit to keep Phillys offense off the field and tire out their average defense. Edge: None

WR: Harry Douglas/Erick Decker vs AJ Green/Vincent Jackson: The goo dnews for Iced Z is Roddy White is healthy finally, which is going to hurt Douglas a little,e specially in the red zone. Eric Decker had a MONSTER game last week, and I think Tennessee will prepare for that and he'll take a bit of a step back. (Not to mentino I am going against Decker in both leagues so i really need him to suck :P).  Jackson is banged up but he is known for playing through injury so he'll be fine. AJ Green is also banged up, and the weather in cincy is awful, but that could be a blessing in diguise if he can keep his footing. Edge: Iced Z (Slightly)

TE: Rob Gronkowski/Jason Witten; Ugh im going against half of my own team in my other league this week (I have douglas and Gronk there). Anyway, Gronk has been a beast since he came back, and hes caught a TD in 4 straight games. Theres rumor of Cleveland sticking Haden on Gronk, but even that wont stop him from a big game. Witten is Romos safety blanket. Edge: Sworn Defenders (Not as much as youd think, though)

Flex: Rashard Mendenhall vs Julian Edelman; Edelman has been productive for the last two weeks, Brady trusts him alot more than Amendola it seems. Rashard Mendenhall has been average, which is all Arizona has needed out of him. However, Ellington comes back this week which will hurt him. Edge: Iced Z

Kicker: Phil Dawson vs Mason Crosby; Not much to say here, but the Seattle/SF game will be low scoring hard hitting. Edge: Sworn Defenders

Defense: Tennesee vs Seattle; Defense might be Sworn Defenders weakest position, especially this week because his QB is going against his own D. Edge: Iced Z

Overall Edge: Sworn Defenders

WR: Desean Jackson/Keenan Allan vs Jordy Nelson/Brandon Marshal; If A-rod was playing this would be a no-brainer edge for VALUE, but with Matt Flynn throwing to him in sh!tty weather it's a tie. Edge: None

Conversely QB would be a no-brainer edge for me if A-Rod were playing lol

TE: Julius Thomas vs Greg Olsen; Not sure if Thomas is playing, but if he DOES play then he gets an edge over VALUE here. Edge: Swamps IF Thomas plays, oterwise, none

Thomas is supposed to play this week, fully practiced the last couple days.  Of course he was supposed to play last week too, that didn't work out.

Flex: Rashard Mendenhall vs Julian Edelman; Edelman has been productive for the last two weeks, Brady trusts him alot more than Amendola it seems. Rashard Mendenhall has been average, which is all Arizona has needed out of him. However, Ellington comes back this week which will hurt him. Edge: Iced Z

I didn't actually realize Mendenhall was on his team now, or Edelman on yours until you posted this lol.  The whole Edelman becoming the #1 wide receiver thing is shocking to me really.  I thought I panicked a little with dropping Amendola but he did have a serious concussion at the time and I was just tired of looking at him being questionable or out every week.  But he's only had two good games all season, really none of the WR's I've dropped have come back to haunt me yet, especially with the depth at the position.

Good stuff...the game with me and VALUE is also a rematch of one of the closest games of the year (.66 margin of victory for him).  I wish momentum carried over in fantasy football, I'd be flying this week after my miracle entrance into the playoffs.  Doesn't work that way but it would be nice to get revenge on VALUE for uncermoniously dumping me out of the playoffs two years ago.

Arg. Richardson causes nothing but problems all year. I bench him, he still sucks but would have pushed me through.

The other what if was Mathews for Mendenhal. All well, next year it is.

Harry Douglas sucks... Just catch the damn ball.

and i started the wrong QB, and I still have Witten so your what ifs get negated by mine :P.  I just got lucky when i heard Bush slipped in warmups and benched him for reece

you're welcome!! Now stop beating your laptop :P

(PS, you can "Take a knee" and sit Witten since you won)

*playing spoiler from the sidelines, all Mike Tomlin-like!*

Arg. Richardson causes nothing but problems all year. I bench him, he still sucks but would have pushed me through.

The other what if was Mathews for Mendenhal. All well, next year it is.

Harry Douglas sucks... Just catch the damn ball.

At least I don't have any what ifs this week though Ben had a surprisingly good day against the Fish and I opted for McCown again.

Drew Brees just torpedoed me in my other playoff, I swear if he gets me here next week I'm getting a voodoo doll :P