‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

i'd like to clear this out, or for anyone else who would want us to go for semin...

let me get this straight... you guys would want Semin... a sniper... super soft and not physical and not going in the corners to play in a team with a system oriented in dump and chase and play the whole shift fighting along the boards and making all their plays on the outside...

doesnt make any sense to me, with our system we need warriors. Soft guys with speed and good hands and no grit are absolutely useless in NJ's system. Semin would pretty much be GUARANTEED to have his worst season ever in NJ

The Devils adapted a dump and chase system out of necessity. Kovalchuk was their main transition offensive player - he's capable of making plays in traffic, of backing off defenders, etc. But when he's hobbled as he was, that option was gone. Teams were also playing solid defense against NJ - there weren't that many chances in transition.

Semin is almost as good as Parise at forcing pucks off players' sticks. He's not going to go into the corners and forecheck that way, but he is definitely excellent at forcing turnovers. I don't see why a player like him couldn't be worked into the system NJ has got here.

The Devils adapted a dump and chase system out of necessity. Kovalchuk was their main transition offensive player - he's capable of making plays in traffic, of backing off defenders, etc. But when he's hobbled as he was, that option was gone. Teams were also playing solid defense against NJ - there weren't that many chances in transition.

Semin is almost as good as Parise at forcing pucks off players' sticks. He's not going to go into the corners and forecheck that way, but he is definitely excellent at forcing turnovers. I don't see why a player like him couldn't be worked into the system NJ has got here.

Because as much as I wouldn't mind Semin he wants too much money for the inconsistent play he creates... thats why I don't think the Devils will chase Semin, he wants 6.5 Mil for a 4-4.5 mil player, I'm not sure he's worth the cap hit.

According to this guy (whoever he is), there's zero chance that Zach is returning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/devils-red-wings-aim-parise-185100430--nhl.html

With the New Jersey franchise teetering on the brink of bankruptcy, there is no way Parise returns to the Devils, not with the kind of stability and payday that await him in any number of other cities.

And who can blame him? Would you want to make a long-term commitment to an employer whose financial situation is so tenuous when you have dozens of other options available? Of course not.

its pretty well known that Semin is inconsistent and has no heart, i dont want anyone like that in NJ especially when the guy with arguably the bigger heart in the league left and youre trying to replace him.

and they played that way most of the season, thats devils hockey, our guys are facing the boards in the ozone for the whole shift not creating chances in front unless they are coming from behind the net or from a point shot. Guys like Semin, Cammalleri, gaborik wouldnt produce as much as they could in NJ's system, they are all snipers scoring from the inside. Devils are simply not even trying to go down the middle.

@TGfireandice: Won't talk about that. RT @Nmm90392: @TGfireandice did Lou meet with zach or his agent yet?

Tg just tweeted this. I dont think there really is anything to look into with this. Just seems like Lou's normal "status quo" stance.

@TGfireandice: Won't talk about that. RT @Nmm90392: @TGfireandice did Lou meet with zach or his agent yet?

Tg just tweeted this. I dont think there really is anything to look into with this. Just seems like Lou's normal "status quo" stance.

i hope not... but for some reasons when i read that it came out kinda odd to me... i dont know if TG said he wouldnt talk about that or if Lou or Zach wouldnt talk about that?

coming from TG its weird... he's a reporter and he'd most likely report anything he knows and he's usually open and would just say he hasnt heard anything not that he "wouldnt" talk about something...

anyways... thats exactly what we needed... to possibly lose our 2 assistant coaches just so Zach have that extra uncertainty about the team, thank god Deboer is still there.

TG said he was not going to comment on the Parise stuff daily until there is something to report. He is doing a status quo thing he bitches about every time. I guess I would be sick of replying to a billion qs too if i had nothing to report.

yeah thats absolutely true

so there goes a bunch of quotes from zach! Time to read way to much in every single one of them!

"Parise said "It really is a big loss for us" that Adam Oates left to be Caps head coach."

HE SAID US !!!!! US !!!!! MEANS HE'S SIGNING TO A SUPER LOW CAP HIT WITH US FOREVER

• Like 2

so there goes a bunch of quotes from zach! Time to read way to much in every single one of them!

"Parise said "It really is a big loss for us" that Adam Oates left to be Caps head coach."

HE SAID US !!!!! US !!!!! MEANS HE'S SIGNING TO A SUPER LOW CAP HIT WITH US FOREVER

I wouldn't read much into it. He's still a Devil until July 1st.

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils

Zach Parise, who confirms his agents are speaking with the Devils, is working out. Expect to speak to him further later today.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

If it means anything, Parise said "It really is a big loss for us" that Adam Oates left to be Caps head coach.

Fuuuuck that looks so real too, how do u know it's fake?

Darren Dreger

@DarrenDreger_

Not Official twitter of TSN's Hockey Insider Darren Dreger.

ha and then the real Dreger posts this..

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

I'm told a fake account claiming to me is reporting a trade. Disregard any account with my name attached that isn't verified.

Edited by squishyx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.