Clemmer?

Wiggles1213

32 members have voted

1. 1. Scott Clemmensen will be a free agent after this season. By the time the 12-13 season starts, Clemmer would be 35 years old. Would you welcome him back into the mix?

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

As i recall he played pretty well while Marty was out of the mix

Edited by BelieveinBrodeur

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

If Marty doesn't play next year we need both starter and back-up. Would any of you guys object to Clemmy as a starter replacement and work on the youth during that frame?

I would very much object to that. Clemmer can't even start on one of the worst teams in the league. He had a good run with us, but get over the idea that he's a starter.

Also, there are zero indications that this is Brodeur's last year. Why do people keep saying this?

Agreed.

Also, I was very unimpressed with Clemmensen even during that stretch he had when Brodeur was injured. We won games but his rebound control was garbage and he was usually good for one bad goal against a game. I was never confident with him in net.

Welcome back? No question. He played hard, and while he wasn't always polished with the media, his teammates seemed to rally around him. There's no need to bring him back -- I don't really care who the backup is in a couple years, and he's not starter material, but I'd welcome him.

I would be pissed if we brought backer Clemmer.

I appreciate what he did for us, but in the end... it was him playing over his head, with the team bailing him out.

Next year, hopefully one of the kids are ready to play backup... and Marty goes year-by-year at a discount for us (3-4mm)

I appreciate what he did for us, but in the end... it was him playing over his head, with the team bailing him out.

Next year, hopefully one of the kids are ready to play backup... and Marty goes year-by-year at a discount for us (3-4mm)

I don't know about that, his save % isn't that much lower playing on a terrible Panthers team. I don't see him as a superstar at all, but he's an elite backup, and could start on some teams. There's no shame in backing up Vokoun. No disagreement about him starting for us -- you're not winning the cup if Clemmer's your starter -- but I don't buy that he played THAT much over his head.

Scott Clemmensen is incredibly overrated around here. The man has had ONE good season in his entire career. He, and the team, played well over their heads. He had bad rebound control, bad side-to-side movement, and his glove hand wasn't exactly fastest in the league.

Yeah, he had a nice run but can't do it consistently, meaning he's a back up. I'd rather see what Kinkaid or Frazee look like by then. This is Frazee's make or break year, and it'll be our first chance to see what Kinkaid can do as a pro in Albany.

I don't know about that, his save % isn't that much lower playing on a terrible Panthers team. I don't see him as a superstar at all, but he's an elite backup, and could start on some teams. There's no shame in backing up Vokoun. No disagreement about him starting for us -- you're not winning the cup if Clemmer's your starter -- but I don't buy that he played THAT much over his head.

Lol...Elite backup...that made me chuckle a little mouse. I'd have faith in Clemmer coming back as a backup, but he's one goalie in a large pool of goalies and there are simply better goalies out there. However he still seemed to play well on the PANTHERS guys...come on.

I loved that Clemmensen had the ability to force our offense into a 3.5 goals-per-game unit, will carrying about a 2.5 GAA. I'm glad he filled in relatively well when Weekes struggled and Marty was hurt. I even loved his mask, his original number and his gear, but he should not be what we're looking for next summer.

And to those that are asking why people assume Marty is done, its the final year of his contract, and god-forbid there's a work-stoppage for any length next season, Marty has previously said he's unsure if he'll come back. However, if the NHL and NHLPA are pro-active, then there should be nothing to worry about.

the thing is... im sure brodeur would "want" to give us a discount but it's kinda hard when youre ex-wife is sucking a bunch of youre cash every year until 2020

Marty has to pay his wife about $500,000 a year, plus 132 millions in child support every year until 2020 and more than 9 millions here and there through that in other assets apparently, not sure what it is but anyway... you get my point lol

but yeah, buddy should have kept his pants up lol but thats life

Its like Greene a couple of years ago, our defense falls with injuries and he steps in halfway through the year and does outstanding moving the puck and defensively. After that "breakout" year people suspect we have a new top 2 defensemen when we don't.

the thing is... im sure brodeur would "want" to give us a discount but it's kinda hard when youre ex-wife is sucking a bunch of youre cash every year until 2020

Marty has to pay his wife about $500,000 a year, plus 132 millions in child support every year until 2020 and more than 9 millions here and there through that in other assets apparently, not sure what it is but anyway... you get my point lol

but yeah, buddy should have kept his pants up lol but thats life

I don't see us giving Marty 5.2mm in the next contract.

I think Marty will choose to sign with us at the 3-4mm; rather than do a random one year stint throughout the SE division until no one offers him a contract anymore.

And to those that are asking why people assume Marty is done, its the final year of his contract, and god-forbid there's a work-stoppage for any length next season, Marty has previously said he's unsure if he'll come back. However, if the NHL and NHLPA are pro-active, then there should be nothing to worry about.

+1

Back to Clemmer, the entire team played over its head when he was starting. They had to or else they'd have been toast. I wouldn't mind having him return as a backup, but I would be incredibly worried if he was here to start. And as others have said, hopefully we'll know whether Frazee is NHL starter material by the time we need to replace Marty.