‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

fvckin divas parise.... i thought brad richard was a diva when he did this last year and guess what ZP will do the exact same thing...

Being at your agent's office isnt diva-like. Id want to be on the front lines of that stuff as well.

I agree with previous sentiments that if Lou doesnt get it done today, he's all but gone.

This is sad. This could be the last full day of Parise and Brodeur being Devils. I'm trying to be optimistic and think maybe its only going to be 1 of those players. Most likely we lose Parise and keep Marty, but the worst case just sucks.

This is sad. This could be the last full day of Parise and Brodeur being Devils. I'm trying to be optimistic and think maybe its only going to be 1 of those players. Most likely we lose Parise and keep Marty, but the worst case just sucks.

But it wont be devastating. We could finally focus on getting a goalie and try to get solid RW depth like a signing of Parenteau. But I want MB and ZP back.

So i guess Zach is officially testing the market he's gonna be in Toronto tomorrow to see offers

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160948325.html

Reports Parise will be at agent W.Arnott's office tmw. Meanwhile, R.Suter on Wisconsin farm w/phone, agent N.Sheehy in Minnesota office.

Edited by SterioDesign

If we lose Zach, I hope Lou tries to poach Carle from the Flyers just to troll them. Let Sal walk.

Sign Carle - 5.0

Sign Hudler - 4.0

Sign Marty - 5.5

Sign Parenteau - 3.5

Then grab a backup goalie or bring back Moose on the cheap.

So i guess Zach is officially testing the market he's gonna be in Toronto tomorrow to see offers

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/160948325.html

McKenzie already tweeted that he's meeting with Lou one last time today, the plan is for him to be in Toronto tomorrow.

I'm getting the idea that Parise is putting this all in his agents' hands. He seems too easily led. Maybe that's just me.

Well we'll find out tomorrow or the next day for sure but yeah that wouldn't be a good sign from a guy you were pegging as your captain for the next decade.

And yeah I do think it's diva-like to have teams come up to the agents' office for pitches, I might feel a little differently if they were coming up to his house but they're not.

But it wont be devastating. We could finally focus on getting a goalie and try to get solid RW depth like a signing of Parenteau. But I want MB and ZP back.

Parenteau is definitely someone to look at signing tomorrow if Parise is gone. Don't know what he might be looking for but he's due for a good raise over his $1.25 million last year. Probably could go 4-5 million, cheaper than Zach at least. I don't know who the Devils replace Marty with. Hedberg as a starter is a little scary. This could speed things along with the team figuring out its goalie situation going into the future which I keep feeling Lou is putting off. I'd rather Marty 1 more year to allow the younger guys to develop.

I'm actually stepping back from the cliff, just for a minute.

For all intensive purposes, Lou's had his crap together this season, we have to give him that. Starting with getting the Islanders to take Rolston from us, then the big acquisition of Poni and the still decent deal of adding Zids, he hasn't made the mistakes of years past.

That being said, I WANT to believe he's got a better handle on things than we all think/what is being fed to us through the media...

But only time will tell and until then, we can all go back to freaking out.

The problem with the free agent market is how thin it is. A lot of teams are gunning for Parise...meaning a lot of teams are going to come up empty. That leaves a guy like Parenteau in a situation where he is going to make stupid money. I like Parenteau a fair amount, but his number is going to be crazy.

There is not going to be any good value in the free agent market. I mean there never is, but this could be the worst year ever.

Parenteau is definitely someone to look at signing tomorrow if Parise is gone. Don't know what he might be looking for but he's due for a good raise over his $1.25 million last year. Probably could go 4-5 million, cheaper than Zach at least. I don't know who the Devils replace Marty with. Hedberg as a starter is a little scary. This could speed things along with the team figuring out its goalie situation going into the future which I keep feeling Lou is putting off. I'd rather Marty 1 more year to allow the younger guys to develop.

Maybe we'll have a suck for McKinnin campaign next year.

I would also hope we don't waste time with Parenteau.

Edited by Daniel

What worries me is Zach's unquestionably going to take several hours at least, especially if he's inviting teams to come up to Toronto. During that time all the secondary options will go off the board probably. So we get put in a position where we're waiting around for Zach and if he doesn't come back, hello Tedenby in the top six :rant:

What worries me is Zach's unquestionably going to take several hours at least, especially if he's inviting teams to come up to Toronto. During that time all the secondary options will go off the board probably. So we get put in a position where we're waiting around for Zach and if he doesn't come back, hello Tedenby in the top six :rant:

I usually think the main guys go before the secondary guys. The secondary guys want all the teams that missed out on the big prizes to get in a bidding war to win the secondary prize, rather than leave with nothing.

How much do you think Parenteau will sign for? I'd be all for going after him but I have a feeling he'll want something around 5.

A similar player in age and career path in Ville Leino got a 6-year $27 million deal. That was coming off 19-34-53. I can see Parenteau coming off 18-49-67 getting a bit more. Maybe 6 years and $33 million?

Edit: By similar career path, I just mean they were NHLers for a few short seasons before free agency.

Edited by devilsrule33

A similar player in age and career path in Ville Leino got a 6-year $27 million deal. That was coming off 19-34-53. I can see Parenteau coming off 18-49-67 getting a bit more. Maybe 6 years and $33 million?

Leino's deal had to have blown everyone else out of the water, plus he had a huge playoff and teams think that's valuable. Also the Sabres were under the delusion that Leino could play center. I think Parenteau gets something like 4-20 to 5-30.

Edited by Triumph

Although it appears that Parise won’t re-sign with the Devils before he hits the open market, he could still go back to them after listening to what other teams have to say.

Parise was reportedly scheduled to meet with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello today before hitting the UFA market. He has spent the last two weeks at his home in Minnesota.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/parise_preparing_to_field_offers_from_agents_office/

The Devils tying up that kind of money in Parenteau is bad news. I'd rather Lou sit back and not do anything tomorrow in the doomsday case than spend stupidly like he did in the wake of the Niedermayer situation. I'd rather make trades instead trying to solve problem through free agency.

If Parise leaves, while it won't be devastating to the franchise, this team needs to find a band-aid to satisfy a (finally) growing fan-base.

Band-aids (like Parenteau)do not a good team make. If we lose Parise, don't waste good money on average players. I'd say the one must is to make sure that Merrill does not become Schultz. If they reach their potential, a top pairing of Merrill and Larsson almost automatically makes you a perennial contender.

Band-aids (like Parenteau)do not a good team make. If we lose Parise, don't waste good money on average players. I'd say the one must is to make sure that Merrill does not become Schultz. If they reach their potential, a top pairing of Merrill and Larsson almost automatically makes you a perennial contender.

I'm not worried about that. Merrill has said he's attending the Devils prospect camp. As far as I can tell, Justin Schultz did not attend camp in 2010 or 2011.

Merrill should be signed after the camp and perhaps even make the big club this year. If not, it's time for maturing in Albany.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.