Marty would consider a trade to a contender!!!

Chimaira_Devil_#9

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2013/11/martin_brodeur_would_consider_waving_no-trade_if_devils_arent_contenders.html#incart_river_default

I can't help but feel a little disappointed by these comments. Although at the same time it's pretty clear there is no market for Marty.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Chere's headlines. Sensationalist bait-question garbage. The actual quote couldn't have been more respectful and Devils-friendly, but Chere's headline goes for shock value...

Yep, and he's not worth anything anyway.   What do you get for him... a 5?   Teams have scouts.    Hell, looking at the 2001 Beezer trade, which is a similiar situation, maybe not even that

Edited by maxpower

Seriously, this is a ridiculously baited question by Chere.  What happens if Marty says he wouldn't waive it? We're all up in arms about him not being a team player. If he refuses to answer, everyone's upset that he refuses to say he'd stay or want to leave.

It's early November. This isn't even remotely relevant until February. Chere's just trying to stir up page views.

I don't think Marty said one thing that was wrong.  He made it very clear that he really wants it to work out here, first and foremost, with this team.  But he's at least open to the idea of being traded, IF the Devils are out of it later in the season, and IF someone was interested.  Everything he said made sense. 

honestly, these are the types of questions that shouldnt be asked at this early in the season, especially when the team is doing so bad. i agree with the fact that no matter how marty answered it, he would be criticized. maybe i am in the minority but i am glad he would waive it if lou asked. lets face it, we need to stop hanging on to tradition and start building this team.

what are the chances of us getting a higher draft pick for him? i can see a playoff team with inexperience possibly wanting a veteran presence with stanley cup winning pedigree on their bench.

also could there be a demand for a veteran goalie if a playoff team loses their number one and perhaps do not want to have their backup starting in the playoffs?

via Pierre LeBrun

Further, Brodeur added he would only consider it if veteran Devils GM Lou Lamoriello approached him about it in the first place.

"It would have to come from Lou, not from me, I would never ask Lou that," Brodeur told ESPN.com. "He would have to ask me. I would do whatever Lou thought was right."

via Pierre LeBrun

Further, Brodeur added he would only consider it if veteran Devils GM Lou Lamoriello approached him about it in the first place.

"It would have to come from Lou, not from me, I would never ask Lou that," Brodeur told ESPN.com. "He would have to ask me. I would do whatever Lou thought was right."

hearing brodeur talk like this goes to show how dark of a time the devils appear to be in he must not have much faith in them and realizes that they do not have any type of a chance this year again.. i guess you cant really blame him for wanting one last shot at another cup.. but that kind of talk from him is sad for sure.

hearing brodeur talk like this goes to show how dark of a time the devils appear to be in he must not have much faith in them and realizes that they do not have any type of a chance this year again.. i guess you cant really blame him for wanting one last shot at another cup.. but that kind of talk from him is sad for sure.

wow I can't believe how different the actual quote is than what I had originally thought