ATrain Suspended 4 Games

jagknife

4 game win-streak here we come! Choo Chooo! Haha

As to the justification for the penalty, I think it is well deserved, even viewed
through the tinted windows of a Devils fan. For better or worse,
Volchenkov did not even attempt to hide his intentions. Marchand was
stationary, Volchenkov lugged himself over to the boards and elbowed Marchand
in the head, making no attempt at the puck. Shanahan saw the elbow for
what it was, "you will beat us on the scoreboard, but we will make you
pay for it". Clearly Shanahan is trying to take these types of tactics
out of the game, which result in needless injuries due to goon-esque behavior. I
hope Volchenkov learnes from this, but its doubtful given that the
Devils scored as a result of the penalty and will be in the playoffs as a
result of his suspension. wink wink nudge nudge. lol

Edited by Biggie B

Of course he knocks out Marchand just in time for the Islander game. :doh1:

The gift that keeps on giving :lol:

I don't see how anyone can complain about four games looking at that video.  You should be glad it's not more, he clearly led with the elbow.  Or lemme rephrase that, you should be annoyed cause it could have easily been more :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well at least a few people now get their wish, no Salvador and no Volchenkov.

gosh... I have to confess I'm bummin' about Sal.  I was totally buying into him finding the gas.  I had more than one "Thank you!" for him recently.  I'm a thanker when someone has a good play.

That's why I'm just not upset with this team now.  Too many things just boil down to bad timing as much of a cop out as I think that is.  This Sal injury sealed it for me. I'm not dulled or deadened - I just feel like "Darn!"  you know?  It's just one of those things this year.

Being happy over Volch getting suspended is a lot different than being happy over Sal getting hurt.  

Im not saying either is right, personally i dont want any of our players suspended or injured.

gosh... I have to confess I'm bummin' about Sal.  I was totally buying into him finding the gas.  I had more than one "Thank you!" for him recently.  I'm a thanker when someone has a good play.

That's why I'm just not upset with this team now.  Too many things just boil down to bad timing as much of a cop out as I think that is.  This Sal injury sealed it for me. I'm not dulled or deadened - I just feel like "Darn!"  you know?  It's just one of those things this year.

Thats how i feel. With the shortened season it was always a case of if there are a few bounces that dont go your way , such as a few injuries all in one go, it can pretty much destroy your season.

Thats how i feel. With the shortened season it was always a case of if there are a few bounces that dont go your way , such as a few injuries all in one go, it can pretty much destroy your season.

The other pretty crappy thing about the situation is the whole fury the Devils fans have had over the first Cup win -- the whole * issue.  How many really great arguments were put out there by Devils fans abotu how a shortened season has no bearing on anything?  and now here we are...

so we have to play Matteau in our final Rangers games to see if we can at least eliminate them from the playoffs even if we aren't in them ourselves :evil:  I hope we have a turn around - it's getting hard to imagine a little now though.