Nhl Draft Weekend Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know where I live in Ottawa this city will take it really badly. They wanted to win the Cup for him so badly. When the Sens were down 3-1 to the Devils, Roger spoke to the players which was a huge boost for them since he was very sick. He told them you don't get many second chances in life and I was lucky to get one. This is awful.

He was a great guy.

I remember when he was coaching the Flyers and during a game at the CAA they put a message on the center ice scoreboard about how he is going into the cancer treatment and the Devs and Flyers fans gave him a Standing O. It was really nice to see.

God bless him and his family.

The blues had signed Stevens to a contract before July first of the year. Which means that his contract with the Devils had not expired and he was not allowed to talk to anyone other then the Devils without permission. This contract was not valid because it was early, and the Devils matched keeping Steven's services. The league found out this and the swap of picks, taking a first round pick (2001), and 1.5 million dollars was the penalty.

Thanks Sarge. I'm surprised Scott signed prematurely though.

Why would have Stevens wanted to go to the Blues anyway?

Unless he did that just so the Devs would find out about it and get some picks and money for the tampering, knowing full well the Devs will be matching the Blues offer. :burn:

Conspiracy theory. I like it. ;):lol: