GDT: Devils @ Thrashers 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

It's funny...they've been frustrating as hell at times, no question, but they've very quietly managed an 8-3-4 record in their last 15 games...a .667 point%. Considering how they were playing before that, I think to a fan we all would have signed up for that in a heartbeat.

What also funny is that I still think they're a 50-50 shot to get past the first round...but I think that percentage will hold no matter what round they're in. I don't think the Devils can be considered an overwhelming favorite or underdog in any potential series, but I think they can beat or lose to anyone.

i don't think they have quietly managed this at all. people just panic around here when there's one bad game and think that it means the devils are playing all kinds of terrible hockey. they're not. out of their last 9, they've had 2 bad games, and got a point out of one.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think they have quietly managed this at all. people just panic around here when there's one bad game and think that it means the devils are playing all kinds of terrible hockey. they're not. out of their last 9, they've had 2 bad games, and got a point out of one.

No, they have, if you really think about it...8-3-4 would be considered a surge by some...the Devils haven't always been impressive over that time, but the record is what it is, which is pretty solid. But somehow (maybe because the some of the losses were so frustratingly memorable) no one seems to have taken notice of this, of the the fact that they've only lost three games in regulation in their last 15...if anything, people will still point to the poor overall record since the Devils started 32-11-1 and lump all the games played into one "this team has been sucking since January" category.