First Round: The Florida Panthers

Steven M.

Head of Devils ticket sales said as of Friday there were only about 3,000 tix left to the games, and said that was without the confirmed dates or group sales.. Said he's extremely confident we'll sell out

Hope to see it come true!

Glad to see the NHL Network likes our chances. They have us winning in 4, winning in 5, and winning in 6.

Hell, one of them predicted us to make it to the Final, losing to Vancouver.

No one can say we're not getting respect there.

As far as throwing us a bone...we've got by far the least sexy matchup of the eight, the NHL's not sacrificing national ratings so we can sell out our barn once. I'm 99% certain that's why our series starts on a Friday (traditionally a weak TV ratings night) despite both arenas having a fairly open schedule (3 Nets dates in NJ, one concert in Sunrise).

Hell, one of them predicted us to make it to the Final, losing to Vancouver.

No one can say we're not getting respect there.

As far as throwing us a bone...we've got by far the least sexy matchup of the eight, the NHL's not sacrificing national ratings so we can sell out our barn once. I'm 99% certain that's why our series starts on a Friday (traditionally a weak TV ratings night) despite both arenas having a fairly open schedule (3 Nets dates in NJ, one concert in Sunrise).

I mean we are playing very well right now. Anything can happen when the puck drops friday night. I'm sure our players believe and I expect monster series from Kovy, Zach, Marty, Zubie, Zajac, etc.

fvck TITS NUTS!

I figured we'd have to have game 1 either wednesday or thursday, so I bought my girlfriend and I heat tickets for friday night. I'll be at games 2, 5, and 7, whatever's necessary!

fvck that dude, sell 'em. You'll make back more than you paid. Basketball. Lmfao.

fvck TITS NUTS!

I figured we'd have to have game 1 either wednesday or thursday, so I bought my girlfriend and I heat tickets for friday night. I'll be at games 2, 5, and 7, whatever's necessary!

Nice. I don't think I'm going to be able to make Game 7 if it's necessary... will more than likely be going out to sea by then. cry.gif

So hopefully the Devils deliver in 6 or less. I'm going to go with Devils in 5, though I could see Florida taking two from us... I'll stick with my gut and say 5.

He was recalled via emergency recall to avoid waivers when he would be sent back down. He owes his entire career in the NHL to Brodeur's injury and being with the Devils; he'd probably have a day job if not for that.

Florida are the biggest shot overcounters in the league, so his save percentage is probably closer to .906 had he stayed in New Jersey. Not too impressive.

You know this how?

Bingo. The prospect of a second round Ranger matchup is a big reason why I'm doing it.

And if we should get to the Conference Finals and/or Cup Finals...

The Pay as we Play plan is one of the best things they have done in awhile....If I did not have seasons I would do this in a heartbeat. No brainer! For anyone on the fence about it, DO IT! You will be sorry if you don't and the boys make a deep run....

Count me among those. Can only make it to Game 1 or 2...undecided still :blink:

Yeah, I'm good to go for Game 1... Got the tickets, and cleared with work... I want to go to Game 2 but I have no idea how I'm going to get off of work. I guess I have a week to figure it out. If there is a Game 5 I'll definitely be there though.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7772345/experts-picks

Burnside picked the panthers....so we are good to go

Did you expect anything else from that idiot? I would love to see the Flyers beat the Pens not only from a strategy point for the Devils (I think the Flyers are the weaker team) but I also want to see Burnside cry for hours on end about it.

His tears make the perfect salt to add to any meal.

Burnside is a moron. Everyone knows that. I usually think that Bucci has the most reasoned and logical picks.

Linda Cohen must have pictures of ESPN's CEO performing naked with a midget in a donkey show in Tiajuana to still be on the air there. The fact that her and Stuart "Boooyaaa" "left eye" Scott still have jobs in sports is beyond me.