1089 replies to this topic

#41 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Ten bucks says it's Chris Kovalchuk, formerly of the Brampton Capitals in 2001-2002. No goals, but 28 penalty minutes in nine games! :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

I get annoyed when people say he's not a "Devils-type player"(what does that mean?) or "he isn't needed." Last I checked, the Devils NEED to score GOALS. And like britoon said, he isn't just a one-dimensional player anymore.

LOL. Have you seen Kovalchuk play lately????

It was just a few weeks ago that everyone in hockey was talking about how lazy he was and that he is not captain material.

Anyway, I feel confident that Potvin was being sarcastic because he watches Kovy and knows that Lou would never be interested in such a one-dimensional player who doesn't care about winning. FYI: Players have to care about winning which is the definition of a Devils-type player.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:45 AM

I don't really support rumors and I try not to pay attention to them... but by god could you imagine Kovalchuk's slapper on the powerplay?
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/timoninjd~ANDREW

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

yeah manta i am sure that jason arnott and alex mogilny fit the mold of a 'devils player' perfectly before they got to new jersey

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

Yes, that would be the one. The same Kovalchuk who is too lazy to back check, skates only half the ice, a career -83, and could care less about winning since he makes $7 million a year. Yes that the one.

Having him on the Devils, (assuming Lou has lost his mind and guts our roster) essentially makes us the Rangers.

He's a +2 this season while in a team that can't stop anyone. All stats have different faces, I don't know what you think, but I believe Parise would have a tough time getting a +20 in Atlanta

believe-3devils.jpg

#46 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:47 AM

a friend of mine said he heard XM NHL this AM and he said, Potvin said, Kovlachuk to the "FLYERS" not Devils

He never mentioned the Devils
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#47 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

I don't really support rumors and I try not to pay attention to them... but by god could you imagine Kovalchuk's slapper on the powerplay?

That's whats getting me right now.

#48 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Finally an effective one right?? Rolston's dent the boards more than they go on net

believe-3devils.jpg

#49 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,573 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

how do you confuse flyers and devils? there have been multiple people online saying they heard devils.

this rumor is getting boring.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#50 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

The only problem is he is another left wing. Anyone know if he can play right wing just as good? We would have 3 elite left wings..
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#51 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

a friend of mine said he heard XM NHL this AM and he said, Potvin said, Kovlachuk to the "FLYERS" not Devils

Actually, I think he said "New Jersey".
Heck, at this point, I don't know what to think.
It's the whiskey talking.

#52 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

Kovalchuk is one of the best players in the world. I dont give a rats behind if he's not a 'prototypical Lou player'....bring him over!!

#53 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:49 AM

Ten bucks says it's Chris Kovalchuk, formerly of the Brampton Capitals in 2001-2002. No goals, but 28 penalty minutes in nine games! :lol:

38 :lol:

believe-3devils.jpg

#54 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

He never mentioned the Devils

If you google Kovalchuck the first thing that comes up is a Flyers rumor from 11 hrs ago.

Edited by Elias26, 02 February 2010 - 10:51 AM.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#55 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

I'd imagine Elias would go back to center or Kovy could go to right wing in a Elias-Zubrus-Kovy line
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/timoninjd~ANDREW

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:52 AM

yeah manta i am sure that jason arnott and alex mogilny fit the mold of a 'devils player' perfectly before they got to new jersey

They did.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'd imagine Elias would go back to center or Kovy could go to right wing in a Elias-Zubrus-Kovy line

Z-Z-Z
Kovy-Elias-Langs

I wouldn't mind.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,184 posts

Here is a rumor killer:

Kovy wants $10 million a season for next 10 years.

Move on....
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

If you google Kovalchuck the first thing that comes up is a Flyers rumor from 11 hrs ago.

One NHL executive said that the Flyers have had intermittent talks with Atlanta over Kovalchuk.

Atlanta General manager Don Waddell met with Holmgren at last weeks game and discussed matters. Waddell scouted the Flyers himself on Saturday during the Isles game but did not meet with Holmgren, the source said.

"Find one winger, one defenseman that adds up to what Kovalchuk makes and the Flyers could do this deal," the source said.

Source (very important):CSN Philly

believe-3devils.jpg

#60 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:57 AM

They did.

Not any more than Kovy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic