GDT: New Jersey @ Calgary - 1/10/12

NJCroMag

So, who is in net tonight versus the Oilers? Marty or Moose? (Marty Moose!) Personally, I was hoping to see Moose get the nod. But if it is Marty, I will understand it, but if he lets in some softies again I hope DeBoer keeps him in -- seing as how Marty thought he should've been left in last night.

Moose in tonight.

Edited by Quinn01

The reason why that won't happen is because of the Devils' defense, which is miles ahead of where the Thrashers ever were or ever dreamed of being. If Zach wants to leave because of the team going 'backwards' that's on him.

Good point, Tri.

One thing that kind of pisses me off is when a player wants to sign with another team to ensure he'll get a championship ring. He'd rather be a part of it rather than lead his own team. So you got a ring so what? It's like the Ray Bourque thing that's totally annoying. He couldn't help lead Boston to a cup so he signed with a powerful Avs team so he could just have a ring. Yeah he was a part of the cup win but he didn't have it in him to lead his team to the cup.

I wish Zach would be a Shane Doan type. He's been with the same club his career despite the Jets/Coyotes not winning anything.

Good point, Tri.

One thing that kind of pisses me off is when a player wants to sign with another team to ensure he'll get a championship ring. He'd rather be a part of it rather than lead his own team. So you got a ring so what? It's like the Ray Bourque thing that's totally annoying. He couldn't help lead Boston to a cup so he signed with a powerful Avs team so he could just have a ring. Yeah he was a part of the cup win but he didn't have it in him to lead his team to the cup.

I wish Zach would be a Shane Doan type. He's been with the same club his career despite the Jets/Coyotes not winning anything.

You can also say that Boston never really gave much for Ray to work with, outside of the late 80's and early 90's when he was there.

Still though I never really liked Ray Pork too much anyways. I can still hear Gary Thorne and the rest of the annoucing crew during the 2001 Finals and the way the announced the games because of him. I swear if Ray ever made a sudden stop Gary Thorne's head would be halfway up Ray's ass.

Good point, Tri.

Are you REALLY knocking Ray Bourque? This post is a complete joke.

First off, he played almost 21 full seasons' worth of games with the Bruins. He did get to a SCF with them in '88.

Second, he didn't SIGN with the Avs, he was traded to them at the end of the '99-'00 season. BTW, the Bruins won a grand total of...wait for it...24 games that year. Clearly the Bruins were not contenders, and Bourque was nearing the end of his career...the deal made sense for both sides...Boston got some young talent out of the deal on their end. Hardly the first time a deal like that was consummated.

Are you REALLY knocking Ray Bourque? This post is a complete joke.

First off, he played almost 21 full seasons' worth of games with the Bruins. He did get to a SCF with them in '88.

Second, he didn't SIGN with the Avs, he was traded to them at the end of the '99-'00 season. BTW, the Bruins won a grand total of...wait for it...24 games that year. Clearly the Bruins were not contenders, and Bourque was nearing the end of his career...the deal made sense for both sides...Boston got some young talent out of the deal on their end. Hardly the first time a deal like that was consummated.

Didn't Ray also ask (aka demand) the Bruins to trade him to a cup contender? Also if I remember right Rolston was part of that trade whom we traded earlier in the season to Colorado for Lemieux.

It is not like he was upset to be traded to the Avs against his wishes.

Didn't Ray also ask (aka demand) the Bruins to trade him to a cup contender? Also if I remember right Rolston was part of that trade whom we traded earlier in the season to Colorado for Lemieux.

It is not like he was upset to be traded to the Avs against his wishes.

Yes Rolston was part of that deal.

My point was that Bourque played damned near his whole career there, and it was a long one at that. And clearly he still had something left. I don't think he was out of line to ask to be dealt if he knew the end was coming and his team had no chance. 21 seasons is a damned long time.

Good.

Six on one hand, half dozen on the other.

One thing that kind of pisses me off is when a player wants to sign with another team to ensure he'll get a championship ring.

If I had the chance to get my name (literally) etched into history I'd jump at it too. And so would you.

Six on one hand, half dozen on the other.

Just personal preference on my part. Moose originally was supposed to get the start tonight, heading into this Western Canada road swing. The fact that he was called upon to come in and relieve Marty last night is not his fault.

Yea, agreed. In the end it sounds like DeBoer just stuck with the original plan, which never hurts. Getting to see how Hedburg performs on back to back nights can't hurt, and neither goalie is squawking about it anyway.

Good point, Tri.

well you cant compare with Bourque on this one... i WISH he'd do like Bourque did and sign to a big team at the end of his career... Theres still plennnnnnty of time for Zach to win a cup, if i'd be him i'd resign with the Devils and after a few years if he sees that its going nowhere then get trade somewhere... that way youre no letting your old team in the dark without nothing, if youre so loyal well let us have something in exchange at least if youre leaving