Tallinder and JJ practicing

Risky

Um...

JJ for who? I like our 4th line (a lot) right now.

Tallinder for who? Harrold I guess?

Edit: Logistics aside, glad to hear they're getting healthy again. Especially with Tallinder, blood clots are scary.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Josefson has much more offensive upside than Gionta, but Little Gio has had a great playoffs. He forechecks hard, is not afraid to use his 5'6" frame (and has even laid some people out), and is very fast. I don't think you can take him out at this point because that 4th line has been so effective (there is absolutely no way anyone would be saying that about our 4th line back in February).

Lets be real. If by some miracle Tallinder is ready to play he needs to be in. He's been arguably the best defenseman over the course of the season while healthy. Certainly, he is an upgrade over today's version of Larsson.

Josefson would be nice to have but with the way the 4th line is playing how much more can you squeeze out of it.

i dont think we should add Josefson now he'd be way too rusty to jump in those games, if Tallinder is 100% healthy thats different he's a veteran who could help a lot on the back end.

but its good to know that if anything happen to our guys that we have good guys stepping in and not Boulton/Janssen

You add both when ready. Josefson is miles better then anyone on the 4th line and I love Bernier. Do people really underrate defensive ability this much.

I think people are forgetting how good JJ was playing before he went down...if he's ready to go, he needs to be back in the lineup.

And Tallinder is a no brainer if he shows the rust is off.

I think Josefson is better skill-wise than anyone on the fourth line but I'm not willing to mess up a fourth line after we finally have a good one for the first time in a long time. Each player on the 4th line has 4 points. Josefson wouldn't have been any better and would not have offered better D than Stephen Gionta has. That all said I would not be bothered if he does end up playing.

Tallinder may be one of our best defensemen when healthy, but how long has he been sitting for? It would take awhile to get back to "game shape/speed", and being thrust into the middle of this series would be wild. I hope that we do not change anything and keep the ship sailing as it has been....

Tallinder may be one of our best defensemen when healthy, but how long has he been sitting for? It would take awhile to get back to "game shape/speed", and being thrust into the middle of this series would be wild. I hope that we do not change anything and keep the ship sailing as it has been....

I agree with this; we have no idea what level Tallinder would perform at, which is a little risky when the stakes are so high.

Gionta is a Conn Smythe candidate as far as I'm concerned, but I'd consider lifting Bernier for Josefson.

lol @ Gionta for Conn Smythe

He's fine. He hustles, got some good (lucky) goals. Glad to have him filling in, but reading this thread makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills.