Concerts

Devils Dose

Phoenix - Ithaca, NY 10/17.

Also this weekend is "Block Party" at my school, guests:

Lupe Fiasco

Passion Pit

Super Mash Bros.

Not a bad lineup.

I hoping to see Phoenix three days later at MSG, but I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.

Also seeing The National at Wellmont Theater on 9/24. Just saw that deadmau5's show at Roseland is a three-day residency, so I might try to do one of the first two days as well.

I hoping to see Phoenix three days later at MSG, but I'm not sure I can afford it at the moment.

Also seeing The National at Wellmont Theater on 9/24. Just saw that deadmau5's show at Roseland is a three-day residency, so I might try to do one of the first two days as well.

Phoenix is a band meant to see live. I saw them at Central Park last year, and Roseland. Both shows were incredible.

Phoenix is a band meant to see live. I saw them at Central Park last year, and Roseland. Both shows were incredible.

I wish I had seen them at Lollapalooza. Wound up seeing Green Day instead. It was fun and all, but the plan was we'd see Green Day, then catch Phoenix at MSG, but money-wise it looks less likely. If I had known that to be the case, I would have skipped Green Day entirely.

Ah well. I'll probably figure out a way to go anyways.

Phoenix - Ithaca, NY 10/17.

Also this weekend is "Block Party" at my school, guests:

Lupe Fiasco

Passion Pit

Super Mash Bros.

Not a bad lineup.

We have Lupe coming down here during homecoming week in October. I'd rather have Passion Pit, but it should be cool. Let me know how he is live.

I thought you meant "Bloc Party"

That sounds like a fun lineup....

Oh crap hence my confusion...Actually this festival is called "Juice Jam" but Bloc Party headlined it a few years ago (which was a very cool show, btw). Bloc Party is in the spring. We had Ben Folds and Guster my freshman year and Drake last year.

We were hanging around the UC Music Fest this weekend and saw a few bands.

Socratic was pretty good. All acoustic because the drummer wasn't there.

Seeing the Zombies live was AWESOME. They were great they really were.

Train sucked. Absolutely.

Robert Randolph and the Family Band were a lot better than expected. Lots of dancing and energy.

Spoon sounded alright. We really didn't stay for them though.

Next up is Mae for their farewell tour on Oct 17... then DMB on Nov 12 and 13 at MSG.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Yo Gabba Gabba! Live at Radio City Music Hall this past Saturday. Sure, the TV show is aimed at the toddler set, but I really like it as well because it's very hip. The live show was a whole lot of fun. Lots of dancing in the aisles. The musical guest was Urge Overkill. There was a guest appearance by Moby. Program regular Biz Markie was there doing his beat box. And of course, DJ Lance and the gang performed a bunch of their popular songs. I don't know who liked it more, me or my 2 year old.

Forgot about this thread oddly.

Saw The National at Wellmont Theater last week, incredible as they always are. Got a few songs they don't play live very often, which was pretty awesome.

Saw a couple of bands at the Philly Zombie Prom the night after. One Rockabilly band and another three piece punk band. Not bad, not great.

Coming up for me:

10/20 - Phoenix - Madison Square Garden

11/1 - Eve 6 - Mercury Lounge

11/26 - Foxy Shazam/Free Energy/Hollerado - Music Hall Of Williamsburg

11/27 - Circa Survive/dredg - Irving Plaza

I can't afford it, but I'd really like to go to Rammstein at MSG in December too.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't have physical tickets to any of those yet. Four of my favorite bands (Phoenix, Eve 6, Foxy, dredg) playing in NYC, I kind of have to go.

I saw Iced Earth at Best Buy Theater (used to be Nokia Theatre) in Times Square about a week or so ago. Man what a show. The setlist and the crowd atmosphere was like ten times better than when I saw them at the same venue two years ago. They played almost every song I wished they played back then.

On my way out, I was standing in front of the merch stand for a few minutes deciding if I wanted to spend the money on a shirt because it was an amazing show but the shirts they had I didn't really care for all that much. Before I came to a decision someone with three VIP passes came up to me and said they weren't going to use them so they gave me one for free. I ended up getting to meet the band, got them to sign the VIP pass, and got a poster flag and a shirt that is nicer than the ones they were selling all for free. I could have waited in line a second time to take a picture with the band, but I didn't have time, I just barely made it back to Penn Station for the last train as it is.

Going to see Primus at the Wellmont on Saturday now!

Edited by devilsfan26

I will be there, hopefully front row balcony depending on how early we get there. Been to 60+ Primus/Les Claypool shows. I'm too old to stand all night.

Holy crap. By some big mistake I have only recently gave them a listen this summer because they were playing with Gogol Bordello who I was looking forward to seeing. And I only became a fan of Gogol Bordello because they were playing with Rage Against the Machine. It's cool how these things work. :lol:

Forgot about this thread oddly.

Saw The National at Wellmont Theater last week, incredible as they always are. Got a few songs they don't play live very often, which was pretty awesome.

Saw a couple of bands at the Philly Zombie Prom the night after. One Rockabilly band and another three piece punk band. Not bad, not great.

Coming up for me:

10/20 - Phoenix - Madison Square Garden

11/1 - Eve 6 - Mercury Lounge

11/26 - Foxy Shazam/Free Energy/Hollerado - Music Hall Of Williamsburg

11/27 - Circa Survive/dredg - Irving Plaza

I can't afford it, but I'd really like to go to Rammstein at MSG in December too.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't have physical tickets to any of those yet. Four of my favorite bands (Phoenix, Eve 6, Foxy, dredg) playing in NYC, I kind of have to go.

Wavves is opening for Phoenix. They fvcking rule.

Holy crap. Just heard that Weezer is going to be at Roseland in the city performing the entire blue album on December 17 and 18th. I want to go so bad.

First date is Blue Album, second is Pinkerton, I believe.

Wavves is opening for Phoenix. They fvcking rule.

I didn't really care for them much based on what I checked out before Lollapalooza. Any song recommendations? I have the song Wavves and Super Soaker.

I didn't really care for them much based on what I checked out before Lollapalooza. Any song recommendations? I have the song Wavves and Super Soaker.

King of the Beach, Green Eyes, Mickey Mouse, Baby Say Goodbye...

The album took a few listens but has really grown on me.