The Official Rangers Suck Thread

Triumph

That's cause they "rebuild" the same way; throw lots of money at guys just on the other side of the hill. They caught lightning in 1994 and have tried to repeat that ever since. I'm really surprised Gaborik hasn't gone down already. to be honest I hope he doesn't, he's a fascinating player to watch and as long as no one else can score, they'll struggle to get that magical third goal.

Torts really seems like a guy who's trying to hold guys accountable, but he simply comes off more comical than threatening. He wouldn't scare me in the slightest if I was a Blowshirt fat cat.

He scratched Redden and Kotalik -- that's about $9 million right there! http://nyrangersblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/redden-kotalik-scratched-lundqvist-8th.html

That shows how much they have been relying on one player. Must be why they are LOSING.

Gaborik has figured in on 48% of the 87 Ranger (non-shootout) goals scored this season. Yeah, that's a great way to have a guy up on the leaderboards...and a team out of the top 8 in its conference.

He scratched Redden and Kotalik -- that's about $9 million right there! http://nyrangersblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/redden-kotalik-scratched-lundqvist-8th.html

About friggin' time.

How, you ask? It's not really so hard to grasp. When you have an ownership that doesn't hold anyone accountable at any level, this is what happens.

Yeah -- but it's regardless of ownership... we're talking since 1940 -- seriously. Once the Americans folded and changed to the Rangers they've just been -- effed up... just weird. ZERO judgement. If a bad choice could be made it was -- if somehow a good decision was reached then they've foudn a way to retract it. One step forward is always replaces with 5 steps back. for DECADES!

I will add my first post to this great thread by stating that Mark Messier is a fvcking f*ggot. I wouldn't piss on that cock-sucker if he was on fire. You want bile Tri, you got bile. I have plenty of it for that heaping pile of donkey-sh!t organization.

This.

Messier is a little lap dog for Gretzky, and a fkn low-life who only wants to attach himself to popular superstars. He is a parasite in other words. Such an overrated tool. If you saw the HOF speeches Messier was in the crowd practically beating off to Leech's speech but couldnt look the slightest bit interested when francophone Robitaille gave him credit.

The guy cries every time hes on tv, looks like some sort of bald-headed freak, and has paraded around the cup how many times since hes retired. I could go on and on..

Joe Micetti makes Sam Rosen seem like Mike miller. I hate joe's homerism, but sam rosen is more divided. all though, saying a good play, good pass to every single play is annyoing!

This too. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MICHELLETI? He is the most annoying color commentator ever. He cant stop talking, points out the obvious every single time, cuts off Rosen to make some unimportant point, and of course is the biggest homer. He makes Chico seem as quiet as a mouse.

Their whole organization is pathetic. Only thing that would be better was if Benedict moneybags Gomez was still on the team.

Edited by devlman

Yes. Michelliti is awful, I wonder if Sam ever gives him the 'wrap it up' sign.

How many games has it been since they've scored 3 goals? A whole bunch, I know.....

It's kinda fun watching them lose, but more fun watching the Flyers lose. I live down here in Flyer country so that's partly why, and I married a Ranger fan so that's the other part. A very understanding one who, now that we have Dish and MSG+ in addition to MSG, readily agrees to watching the Devils games.

So I very silently do a Marv Albert (Yes!) when the Rags lose so as not to rub it in :)

Yes. Michelliti is awful, I wonder if Sam ever gives him the 'wrap it up' sign.

How many games has it been since they've scored 3 goals? A whole bunch, I know.....

It's kinda fun watching them lose, but more fun watching the Flyers lose. I live down here in Flyer country so that's partly why, and I married a Ranger fan so that's the other part. A very understanding one who, now that we have Dish and MSG+ in addition to MSG, readily agrees to watching the Devils games.

So I very silently do a Marv Albert (Yes!) when the Rags lose so as not to rub it in :)

That's pretty funny, married to a Ranger fan.

When I FIRST called the future Mrs. Leeds onthe phone, I hadn't met her) she said she was a huge hocey fan.....this is '91......and I was bracing myself to just hang up if she said she was a Ranger fan.....but alas, she actually said she was a Devils fan.....the rest is history.

Last nights game......Micheletti (HORRIBLE) went on and on how HUGE a save The Queen made on the Isles shorthanded break in the second period and how when the Rag$ come back we'll look at this amazing left pad save.........and he continued with it even after the replay showed the Isle player just lost it off his stick.......Queenie never touched it......he is the worst.

When I FIRST called the future Mrs. Leeds onthe phone, I hadn't met her) she said she was a huge hocey fan.....this is '91......and I was bracing myself to just hang up if she said she was a Ranger fan.....but alas, she actually said she was a Devils fan.....the rest is history.

Last nights game......Micheletti (HORRIBLE) went on and on how HUGE a save The Queen made on the Isles shorthanded break in the second period and how when the Rag$ come back we'll look at this amazing left pad save.........and he continued with it even after the replay showed the Isle player just lost it off his stick.......Queenie never touched it......he is the worst.

Let's not give him that much credit...It's princess, not queen.

even if he had touched it (which i think he did, but it's irrelevant), it's what lundqvist does on every single breakaway. like, really, he fanned his pads out and blocked the low part of the net? really? amazing! you'd think there was a technique he was following that emphasizes that or something.

Edited by Triumph

The franchise is a like a never ending joke. Plain and simple. Original six, greatest city in the world, the GHADEN blah blah blah blah blah. Maybe the Devils fail to fill their arena but at least they don't suck. They never suck. It doesn't matter if the Devils are not as strong certain years, they ALWAYS finish in front of the Rangers (1997 onward)

Its pretty surprising that people are surprised about how poorly they are doing. I guess it wasn't expected that they would struggle this much but it was pretty evident from the start that this was a piss poor roster. I still remember how crazy this place was after 2 games. The Rangers were rolling and the Devils were 2 games under .500 Things seem to have fallen into place now.

Anyways its ok that they suck. Some teams have to right? The thing that pisses me off more then anything about them is that they try to pass themselves off as hockey royalty. It couldn't be further from the truth. Detroit, Montreal, New York Rangers. Tell me what doesn't belong? Sure they have been around a long time but they have also accomplished sh*t during that time span as well. I can honestly even say that it doesn't bother me that the Devils have lost 4 of 5 playoff series to them. I'm more then fine with losing some battles but ultimately winning the war in the end.

Edited by SickMan

This.

Messier is a little lap dog for Gretzky, and a fkn low-life who only wants to attach himself to popular superstars. He is a parasite in other words. Such an overrated tool. If you saw the HOF speeches Messier was in the crowd practically beating off to Leech's speech but couldnt look the slightest bit interested when francophone Robitaille gave him credit.

The guy cries every time hes on tv, looks like some sort of bald-headed freak, and has paraded around the cup how many times since hes retired. I could go on and on..

Not to dig up dead threads or anything, but remember this one?

I was watching Loudmouths on SNY to kill sometime earlier and one of the guys said that if that rangers lost tonight, messier might be the new gm as early as this week. Just wondering what you guys think?

Oh my, that would make me hate the Rangers even more... If that's even possible. Plus, EVERYBODY in the media would talk about it non stop with a raging boner. :blahblah: I hope it never happens (though we all know it eventually will).

I think Glen Sather has been doing a wonderful job as a GM of this team. Dolan should offer him a contract for life as this year's Christmas gift.

Anyways its ok that they suck. Some teams have to right? The thing that pisses me off more then anything about them is that they try to pass themselves off as hockey royalty.

Yeah, that's what always pisses me off, too. They go SO over the top with everything. From talking about the privilege of playing on Broadway, thinking about them like they're a team everybody dreams of playing for (yeah, right) to these hundreds of jersey retirement ceremonies and reliving their only modern era Cup like it happened two months ago... And the saddest part of it is, their fans seem to believe all of it. They pick it up and then they talk like they're some kind of dynasty, while they've only won what, six playoff rounds since 1994?

Oh my, that would make me hate the Rangers even more... If that's even possible. Plus, EVERYBODY in the media would talk about it non stop with a raging boner. :blahblah: I hope it never happens (though we all know it eventually will).

I think Glen Sather has been doing a wonderful job as a GM of this team. Dolan should offer him a contract for life as this year's Christmas gift.

Yeah, that's what always pisses me off, too. They go SO over the top with everything. From talking about the privilege of playing on Broadway, thinking about them like they're a team everybody dreams of playing for (yeah, right) to these hundreds of jersey retirement ceremonies and reliving their only modern era Cup like it happened two months ago... And the saddest part of it is, their fans seem to believe all of it. They pick it up and then they talk like they're some kind of dynasty, while they've only won what, six playoff rounds since 1994?

This is by far what I find most annoying about the Ranger franchise AND their fans. They come off as though they believe they have this rich tradition of success and excellence, like somehow playing in New York makes them the New York Yankees of the NHL by default.

And it always cracks me up when their fans start getting on us about attendance. Sure, it would be great if there were more Devils sellouts. But automatically showing up when the team stinks year after year, like Ranger fans did during that seven-year drought, isn't much better. Why should your team go out of its way to improve the on-ice product when the ownership and front office knows you're going to show up anyway? If anything, at some point during that 7-year embarrassment, the fans should've stopped going...that would've sent a clear message to the Dolans that they'd had enough. Maybe the village idiot Sather would've actually lost his job.

I hope Messier gets the job and does an even worse job than Glen. He's another guy whose legend, in typical Ranger fashion, has been blown up to ridiculous proportions. Yeah, he was a huge reason the Rangers won a Cup, no question, but Ranger fans forget that his Ranger teams made the playoffs in just five of his ten seasons there. That his presence during his second tour of duty with the Rangers was far more of a detriment than a positive, as he had way too much power and say for a guy who was clearly far past his prime. Just his attitude annoys me, regarding that Cup...he seems to think he won that by himself, when he had plenty of help. For all the talk about his Game 6 guarantee, too many people forget how great Richter was in that game, and that Kovalev was the one who scored the Rangers' first goal to get them going. Messier was neither the regular season nor postseason leading scorer for that team, but all I hear ever hear about is Messier this and Messier that, regarding '94...sickening.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

My wife can't stand him either, she's actually not too thrilled with the entire broadcast group aside of Sam for the most part. And she'll be happy when Avery gets outta town. So it's not too bad to deal with :)