Overage Fees...Please use Amazon Link or Unblock the ads

DevilMinder

We dropped Godaddy as our registrar because of that SOPA issue.

One member brought up a good point, if your company purchases large stuff on Amazon make sure you use the referral link it adds up quick.

Good reason to drop them. I have a personal website, not related to hockey but when I was looking for a host I specifically stayed away from GoDaddy or an affiliate I knew of because of this. I use a service called FatCow.com. not sure if their services would apply to a site such as this. They claim "unlimited" bandwidth and storage but with the traffic this site gets when news breaks they might consider it on the "less than 1% that use an extraordinarily large amount of bandwidth"

Was so busy I didn't check. Yup they did! Thanks that was a nice chunk of change for us.!

That's awesome! And lucky that I just mentioned to our events coordinator that she should let me know the next time she was buying some at the exact moment she was about to checkout. I'll definitely push for more things we can buy on Amazon. We are thinking $500 Amex gift cards and that'll be for about 10 shows.. My company might need some free advertising on the site as a kickback :P

Thanks guys, I was just informed of the overage fee(assuming we don't get another crush) and it was substantial. We should be okay for now with these last three donations and the amazon usage.

I appreciate all the help!

You should just pin a thread like this every couple months and remind everyone about the Amazon link. Certainly don't want to see ya get close to the edge in terms of money, I'd get far too much work done were it not for this place.

• 3 months later...

Was on Amazon just now and was reminded of how I, as seen above, thought this thread should re-appear every once and a while. Halloween is next week, new video games systems coming out in the next month, guts getting fatter, wallets getting thinner....the holidays are coming....might as well make our money work harder and help out the site that gives us a place to vent rage while we're all pretending to be working.

Thanks ATLL, usage of the links has dwindled lately!

No problem. I spend way too much money on Amazon anyways, might as well use the link. Anybody else having problems with the site today? I keep getting a weird error message when I go to the njdevs.com homepage, but I can access the site fine if I go straight to the Hell forum.

No problem. I spend way too much money on Amazon anyways, might as well use the link. Anybody else having problems with the site today? I keep getting a weird error message when I go to the njdevs.com homepage, but I can access the site fine if I go straight to the Hell forum.

i had an issue getting on also was getting an error message.. i had to get on the site threw google.

• 1 year later...

Thanks SMantz and Dew, you are one of the few. Been lucky to get 20 bucks a month lately from ads/amazon.

Sorry DM, I do admit I forgot to click the link, because I don't see it on the mobile version of the website. I gotta bookmark it and make sure I start using it every time. I do the majority of my shopping online through Amazon so I'll start contributing through the link every time now

Edited by Satans Hockey